PDA

View Full Version : @Stoney

big pete
20th February 2010, 10:59 AM
Stoney when you got the live tune did you run a cat or not? and did you notice any difference between having and not having? Just my cats split round the front edge so just wondering wheter to get it welded or buy a new manifold and bin the cat.:confused: Lots of conflict about freer flowing at the expense of torque and s/c's needing back pressure.

stoney
20th February 2010, 01:06 PM
well i have ran the de-cat from the word go with my manifold only had the cat in at one point to see if it made it quieter it didn't so yes i got the map done with de-cat with no prob

as for driving with the cat in i found that it did not want to run as freely as it did with out the cat i did about 500mile with the cat in before getin it taken back out

my s/c runs fine don't need a catch can as the intercooler is better to have a little bit of lube and only a 1 hour job to remvove clean and re fit it do this about evrey 6000/7000 mile when the oil is changed

and as for loss of torque i don't know but mine is still puttin out 190ft worth and that's made it feel like a new car

as for re-pair or new i would say new would say jan-speed/ GTT manifold would be the best way forward as u can run with or with out

the one thing i will say tho if your car has a standard/works exust with a middle box then get it removed if u run the de-cat as it burns out the baffles and starts to rattle as BMW put the iner pipe in a stupid place !!!!! so the welds brake and then it rattles like hell

hope this helps Stoney

big pete
20th February 2010, 02:19 PM
Cheers mate , good info. How do you get on mot time or do you stick the cat back in?

stoney
20th February 2010, 02:40 PM
:rolleyes: well put it in the passanger foot well and go luck its my cat !!!! ;) and then leave the car with them and it comes back with the cat in the foot well and an MOT :thumbs up:

big pete
20th February 2010, 02:55 PM
:hand: like it:hand:!!