PDA

View Full Version : No hot air?

Forbes
19th February 2010, 09:18 PM
The curse of driving Ryan's car, my car is now playing up:ragin:

Well traffic was hellish today in Aberdeen due to 2cm of snow. My car overheated in the Asda car park as I spent 45mins trying to get out of there. The coolant bottle was low/empty. So filled that up, and all was fine when I drove it home temps wise. Though there was no hot air coming out of the blowers. Left the car a while and gone back out and it's still not blowing any hot air even after letting it warm back up to temp and leaving it for about 15mins now. Always much quicker than that to defrost the car.

Any ideas? Anything I should look at?

RyanK
19th February 2010, 09:27 PM
its just a cue to buy my s seens you loved it

Forbes
19th February 2010, 09:33 PM
its just a cue to buy my s seens you loved it

Your S has more problems than the Coop ever has, anyway you know the plan for this week

Fartin Martin
19th February 2010, 09:39 PM
Your S has more problems than the Coop ever has, anyway you know the plan for this week

which isssssss.......??:lol:

Forbes
19th February 2010, 09:47 PM
which isssssss.......??:lol:
As in I change my mind about what car to get next. Coop will be around a while yet

Knox18
19th February 2010, 09:52 PM
im no mechanic but sounds like the coolant system needs bled?

Forbes
19th February 2010, 09:56 PM

Thanks, Dad has googled it and found that it could also possibly be the water pump.

Think I will just have to get a garage/mechanic to give it the once over next week

Ally S
19th February 2010, 10:36 PM
could be the thermostat. check for leaks there.

Forbes
19th February 2010, 10:37 PM

SOunding more and more like you have the correct diagnosis.

Craig
19th February 2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah sounds like thermostat to me or the coolant is fooked :(

Forbes
19th February 2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah sounds like thermostat to me or the coolant is fooked :(

Are you speaking from experience? Is it a expensive fix?

Craig
20th February 2010, 10:53 AM

it can be a range of things, this has happened to me before, but not with a MINI. The other thing that it could be is the heater matrix (this is what used to go on older cars,)

Forbes
20th February 2010, 01:06 PM
Got it booked in for Tues, next slot. Been told not to drive it though incase I cause engine damage.

Ally S
20th February 2010, 01:17 PM

If its the thermostat then it shouldn't be too expensive. A lot cheaper than a water pump would be anyway. I got my thermostat replaced under warranty last year as it was leaking.

Both thermostat and water pump seem to be common faults.

You can tell if you have air in the system as you can hear the water rushing about the passenger footwell.