PDA

View Full Version : iTunes music store

Big Col
17th June 2004, 04:54 PM
Has anyone here used this yet? If so, and they have an iPod, can you transfer your music to it? I don't seem to be able to. :(

GAJ
17th June 2004, 05:21 PM
When you buy songs from the iTMS they go straight into your iTunes Library.
The next time you synch your iPod the song will be copied over.

The songs you download have a degree of copy protection - you are allowed to play songs on up to five personal computers, burn a single song onto CDs an unlimited number of times, burn the same playlist up to seven times, and listen to the music on an unlimited number of iPods.

3GGG
17th June 2004, 05:25 PM
I haven't tried it yet Col, however you are supposed to be able to transfer the music to your iPod. Have you got the latest iPod updater installed?

3GGG
17th June 2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/ has the latest firmware for the iPod.

Big Col
17th June 2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the quick responses guys.

It's actually the mini iPod I have. Does that make a difference?

Also, can I not drag and drop the file onto my ipod? I don't want to sync my iPod with the pc as I don't want all of the songs from my PC on my iPod and chacking the ones I don't want would take yeeeeears.

GAJ
17th June 2004, 06:09 PM
How did you transfer the songs that are currently on your iPod?

I'm at work just now, But I think what you want to do is plug in your iPod, then double clik on your iPod in the left pane in iTunes to open it in a new window then drag the track from the main library window in Itunes to the iPod window.

Big Col
17th June 2004, 06:11 PM
I just dragged and dropped 'em after creating a smart playlist.

Big Col
17th June 2004, 08:14 PM
After much faffing about the mars bar goes to 3GGG! After being told that "Since you bought your iPod recently you won't need to update the software" I went to the link posted by the top bloke 3GGG, updated the software and we're jammin'! Thank folks. You all rock. :) \\m//

macblob
17th June 2004, 08:31 PM
typical windows numpty :p

Big Col
17th June 2004, 09:27 PM
Gerrit right roond ye!!!!!! :)

3GGG
19th June 2004, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the Mars Bar Col:p

I just tried the ITMS and it worked perfectly - downloaded song, synched to my iPod. Haven't tried to burn a CD from it yet though.

With the iMac and iTunes I can share my library of songs over my wireless network, I have a PowerBook hooked up to the Stereo in the Livingroom and can play all my music there :cool:

Steve74
20th June 2004, 09:21 PM
Just downloaded my first album from the i-Tunes Store - Beastie Boys to the 5 Boroughs!! Very cool!