18th February 2010, 02:50 PM
Nice one, let the curbing begin :Whistle:

Livi
18th February 2010, 02:59 PM
Nice one, let the curbing begin :Whistle:

DONT!! i was just alright with letting her take the car! :lol:

Big Gordy
18th February 2010, 03:07 PM
I'm sorry but alloys + wimmin = curbing :frown: It's like putting the +ve and -ve of two magnets together......it's in there destiny to meet:p

Craig
18th February 2010, 03:13 PM
Well done Susan

David I have the name of a good co for alloy wheel repairs :lol:

Scottie
18th February 2010, 03:29 PM
NOW WAIT A MINUTE HERE.:hand::hand::hand:

I've have seen gentlemen members mini cars with kerbed alloys and they have admitted to doing it .
:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:
Do you want me to start naming names.???

Scottie
18th February 2010, 03:29 PM
congrats to Susan for passing her test. Well done.

stoney
18th February 2010, 03:43 PM
well done susan on passing ur test

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2010, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry but alloys + wimmin = curbing :frown: It's like putting the +ve and -ve of two magnets together......it's in there destiny to meet:p

I suspect Lenore may disagree with you there Gordy:hand:. She's never curbed an alloy in her life.:yes nod:

Me, however.....:blush:

Although I do think Lenore is the exception to the rule.:blush:

Well done Susan - huge milestone passed.:clap:

A.:D

Livi
18th February 2010, 04:48 PM
She done good, 2 minors, 1 for gears and 1 for steering so both same section!

She says thanks to everyone!

Burple
18th February 2010, 05:24 PM
Congrats Susan!! nice one!!:thumbs up::yes nod:

..That's it David.. you've lost the motor..:hand:

Wanna buy some rubber bumpers?? haha.. I keed I keed!!

:laugh:

Crombers
18th February 2010, 05:33 PM
Aw jings ....................... not another blinkin female driver :rolleyes:

GCA3N
18th February 2010, 06:20 PM
Congrats :thumbs up:

Stewart
18th February 2010, 06:43 PM
Love her style, passed and nicked the car.:smilewinkgrin:

Well done was it her first time?

Mini Ecosse
18th February 2010, 07:57 PM
Congratulations :thumbs up:

GCA3N
18th February 2010, 08:03 PM
To Susan,

She passed her test the day :yes nod: :clap:

but im now MINI-Less as she took it aff is at dinnertime! :frown: :hand:

Do you not know someone that will do a good deal on second mini;)

ajamesj
18th February 2010, 09:40 PM
Well done Susan

camjay
18th February 2010, 10:02 PM
Well Done. :thumbs up: Had a few driving lessons in Broughty Ferry many moons ago. Not the easiest place to drive. (do you still sit your test there)?

Livi
18th February 2010, 10:21 PM
Well Done. :thumbs up: Had a few driving lessons in Broughty Ferry many moons ago. Not the easiest place to drive. (do you still sit your test there)?

i dont think its that route anymore, its more up towards camperdown park area, but the test centre must of moved since you took it?

Do you not know someone that will do a good deal on second mini;)

Unfortunatly, its kinda hard to grab, its more a free for all, between staff, traders and buyers.

Well done was it her first time?

3rd time Stewart, but atleast its done and over with now.

audrey
18th February 2010, 11:45 PM
Well Done :clap:

Bet you're glad thats over :D

Mrs JCP
19th February 2010, 12:56 PM
Just want to say thanks for all the congrats messages :D ....just choosing to overlook the ones about female drivers and curbing alloys haha!!! :p

Just have to start getting into the routine of getting up early when im on a backshift and taking david to work - or i'll be bus-ing it again :argh:

Thanks again guys!! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Stewart
19th February 2010, 02:31 PM
Passed first time when I was seventeen many moons ago and I remember that I was nervous but that was in the days you answered a few questions and went for a drive not like now.

A few years back had to sit another driving test with the Police as I was required to be insured and to be fair it involved a machine for the eye test, a written paper that was regarded as twice as hard as the DVLA one and you have to get a silly pass mark before you got near a car. A traffic Cop took me out in a marked car and he was taking no prisoners. Twenty five people went that week and only me and two others passed. Lucky it was up in EK and I knew the Roads.

Scary stuff the tests, enjoy your new freedom.

GCA3N
19th February 2010, 05:13 PM
Passed first time when I was seventeen many moons ago and I remember that I was nervous but that was in the days you answered a few questions and went for a drive not like now.

A few years back had to sit another driving test with the Police as I was required to be insured and to be fair it involved a machine for the eye test, a written paper that was regarded as twice as hard as the DVLA one and you have to get a silly pass mark before you got near a car. A traffic Cop took me out in a marked car and he was taking no prisoners. Twenty five people went that week and only me and two others passed. Lucky it was up in EK and I knew the Roads.

Scary stuff the tests, enjoy your new freedom.

Like you it was a bit easier back in the days, I was 19 when I passed my test first time. I applied for my provisional and booked 10 lessons, took these over 12 days and passed. Like I say though damn site easier then. My Kim passed her test about a year ago or so and she had to do so much more, however she did pass with a perfect score, obviously not any influence from me.

Stewart
19th February 2010, 06:17 PM
I took sixteen lessons; seventeen if you count the last minute one before the test, but it was once a week, my mate could not wait and did that condensed one like yourself in a week and even used his own car for his test.

My other friend took five lessons and the instructor told him just put in for your test. He’d done something silly like 50 miles on his drive in his Mini driving from the front of the house to the back going as close as you could get legal to the pavement. Up and down …..At sixteen.

Then went out at seventeen on his provisional before taking lessons, with a friend with a full licence and drove on his licence on every b road out there, don’t know if you can still do that?