PDA

View Full Version : Filter Change

Craig
17th February 2010, 05:31 PM
Got an ITG filter for my JCW Airbox, but can I work out how to remove the top to replace it? :frown:

prob just tired after a hard day at work and also its blooming freezing oot there and I can't feel my fingers... :lol:

someone must have done it, so any ideas ;)

Livi
17th February 2010, 05:53 PM
Would this help Craig?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/JC_Parts_Dept/Airbox.jpg

Craig
17th February 2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks David ;)

things I have read online says that your just take out the 2 torx at the front (No 6 in pic) take off the battery cable clipped on the left side and then lift up the top. I tried all of that before reading any of this, but it felt like there was something at the bad edge of the box stopping it removing... :rolleyes:

stoney
17th February 2010, 10:43 PM
you will love the nosie of the itg and lets it breath better get that flap out as well big diff !!!!!

Crombers
17th February 2010, 11:03 PM
prob just tired after a hard day at work ;)

We'll tell the jokes ya 'rocket' :thumbs up:

MrMischief
17th February 2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks David ;)

things I have read online says that your just take out the 2 torx at the front (No 6 in pic) take off the battery cable clipped on the left side and then lift up the top. I tried all of that before reading any of this, but it felt like there was something at the bad edge of the box stopping it removing... :rolleyes:

There's two clips that the rear of the top slides under (you can see the tab in the image above, on the top half at the rear corner), plus the lip holds it on to the trim around number 7.

Undo the torx bolts, remove battery cable & wiggle towards the front of the car, then lift up but watch the wee vac hose doesn't get caught/pulled off.

Craig
18th February 2010, 12:03 AM
Cheers Steve ;)

RyanK
18th February 2010, 12:06 AM
sorry just noticed this, echo mr mischief.

Also get that flap removed, and you won't have a whine changeover at 4.5krpm

Craig
18th February 2010, 12:08 AM
Is the flap removal easy?

stoney
18th February 2010, 12:14 AM
Doddle have a look at the thred I started about de flap jcw air box