PDA

View Full Version : Xenon bulb offer

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 09:00 PM
Got myself a set of factory xenon bulbs, 8K for £45 inc postage, so just thought I would post here if anyone was interested..this is a link to it and I've got the guys email address if yous are interested?..its a pretty good bargain me thinks!;)

http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f229/r53-factory-xenon-replacement-bulbs-8373/

Cheers

Martin

EDIT: 6K bulbs available too:thumbs up:

bry_mini
15th February 2010, 09:22 PM
Can i get a swatch when you get them in?? Might get some!

Livi
15th February 2010, 09:23 PM
Can i just ask a question before people buy them, but are these replacement to what BMW xenons are, like you have on your car at the moment, or are these HID kits, which i dont think they would be suitable.

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 09:28 PM
Can i just ask a question before people buy them, but are these replacement to what BMW xenons are, like you have on your car at the moment, or are these HID kits, which i dont think they would be suitable.

they're factory bulbs..proper xenons :D

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 09:32 PM
Can i get a swatch when you get them in?? Might get some!

well I think the guys taking the ones that he doesn't sell tonight, back tomorrow, but yeah your more than welcome to have a swatch, I'll just come meet you!;)

he's got the 8000k bulbs in his car and theres a pic..looks pretty good, they are quite blue but I like that!:D..matches the car!!:lol:

Livi
15th February 2010, 09:33 PM
Hmm... not saying there is a problem, but i wouldn't mess about with standard factory xenons unless they were OEM ones that are D2-S 35W bulbs.

The control units aint the cheapest either to replace if it all goes wrong.... thats just me though.

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 09:51 PM
He has stated that they are Factory xenon replacements, so i'm guessing they are but mailed him to ask if they deffo are..if they're not, what can other bulbs do?

cheers

Martin

GCA3N
15th February 2010, 09:56 PM
i'm guessing these are alot more expensive direct from BMW.

Livi
15th February 2010, 10:02 PM
I think, but would need to check, that BMW have 2 different types of control units for the bulbs, now, the control unit codes are AL and ZKE, but thats just off the top of my head, i cant remember which one it has, but the control unit and the bulb require a match, which is why im a bit :rolleyes: with it, but this is just my opinion, in which i cant stop you, but only advise.

I guess they will work, but i cant justify paying out 100's of pounds on replacement parts, just for a different colour of bulb.

Livi
15th February 2010, 10:02 PM
i'm guessing these are alot more expensive direct from BMW.

140 quid a bulb inc vat, but thats original, and i wouldn't like to mess about with something as expensive as that.

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 10:03 PM
They are after market bulbs made by a company called M-Tec, they are £120 a bulb i'm told, the fella he got them off of, well his circumstances have changed meaning he just wants to get them sold asap

anyone heard of these bulbs from M-Tec?

Edit sorry £120 a set!..my bad!

GCA3N
15th February 2010, 10:06 PM
140 quid a bulb inc vat, but thats original, and i wouldn't like to mess about with something as expensive as that.

WTF!!!! £280 for 2 lamps, are these covered under the standard warranty. TBH I think I would take a chance at £45 for 2, but that's me. David that is shocking, BTW not getting on at you just totally stunned at how expensive they are, and wondering how someone can sell them for a fraction of the cost, something not right there.

Scottie
15th February 2010, 10:07 PM
I replaced the xenon bulbs in my Cabrio when I had her to 8k they were awful nice colour of light but no good showing the road. Also on the R53 they were a pure pig to change.

KenL
15th February 2010, 10:07 PM
Why would you need replacements?

I expect that the OEM ones will last a long time.

GCA3N
15th February 2010, 10:09 PM
Why would you need replacements?

I expect that the OEM ones will last a long time.

Yeh BMW stuff has a good rep for lasting a long time :lol:

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 10:16 PM
I think, but would need to check, that BMW have 2 different types of control units for the bulbs, now, the control unit codes are AL and ZKE, but thats just off the top of my head, i cant remember which one it has, but the control unit and the bulb require a match, which is why im a bit :rolleyes: with it, but this is just my opinion, in which i cant stop you, but only advise.

I guess they will work, but i cant justify paying out 100's of pounds on replacement parts, just for a different colour of bulb.

Hmmmm..now you've got me worried! lol..hes sold these on the same forum before to a few folk, and theyv not had any problems

dunno what to do now!:confused:

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 10:18 PM
WTF!!!! £280 for 2 lamps, are these covered under the standard warranty. TBH I think I would take a chance at £45 for 2, but that's me. David that is shocking, BTW not getting on at you just totally stunned at how expensive they are, and wondering how someone can sell them for a fraction of the cost, something not right there.

I'm guessing the guy that he's acquired them off of is having some troubles with his business, hence why they're so cheap

Livi
15th February 2010, 10:19 PM

I sold 4 in 1 week the month of december, but then, BMW set the prices, and the price must be a good value if they last 'x' amount of years.

Im just advising my opinion in putting aftermarket bulbs in a xenon control unit.

each to there own though :D

Livi
15th February 2010, 10:21 PM
Hmmmm..now you've got me worried! lol..hes sold these on the same forum before to a few folk, and theyv not had any problems

dunno what to do now!:confused:

As i said its 'up to you' what you want to do, im only advising.

bry_mini
15th February 2010, 10:43 PM
hmmmm........think ill be sticking with my standard bulbs, there pretty good anyway!
If i had aftermarket hid kit or non xenon units i wouldnt mind using diff types of bulb though.

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 10:48 PM
I know, I'm thinking of keeping mine now!..just don't wanna run the risk of something going wrong! lol..gutted though!..was looking forward to the blueness!:lol: