PDA

View Full Version : fuel consumption

hayley
15th February 2010, 04:39 PM
How do your mini cooper s's do?
I put £55 normal fuel in and got 250miles exactly and i out £50 of super in the week before and got roughly the same......
not the most ecconomical cars :( my TT was better...

Livi
15th February 2010, 04:47 PM
£47 = 310 miles per tank @ 30-32mpg

hayley
15th February 2010, 04:52 PM
£47 = 310 miles per tank @ 30-32mpg

why is yours so much better, i dont drive mine hard all the time..... :frown:
do you use super or normal fuel? how come its cheaper?? grrrr
my on board computer really ranges in town it says 17mpg and most of the time it says 27ish mpg....

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 04:54 PM
im prob about £20 every 2 days..maybe 3 if Im not driving much but i so alot of drivin about and its alot of local stuff..so uses more!..theyr not the best for MPG, some weeks I could cry going to the garage..but as soon as I turn on the ignition and hear the pops n bangs..im smiling again!:D

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 04:55 PM
my on board computer really ranges in town it says 17mpg and most of the time it says 27ish mpg....

I think maybe you need to reset the OBC for it to give a true reading..dont quote me on this..so anyone please correct me if im wrong?

GCA3N
15th February 2010, 04:57 PM
There are loads of things that effect fuel consumption appart from the obvious driving fast. Tyre pressures, how much fuel you carry (ie always fill up) stuff in your car you carry about, do you always drive by yourself, do you brake alot, running with air con on and so on. Get yourself an R56 S I get on average 40 mpg but if I drive carfully can get it up to 58mpg on the motor way. Driven upto Aberdeen and got 50 b4.

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 04:58 PM
deffo an R56 for me next I think(JCW poss or the roadster)..I'll just miss the whineee!:( lol

ELFMAN
15th February 2010, 05:09 PM
My previous 2003 R53 JCW210 gave about 30-ish on a run when not using the power too much (what's the point though!?), MPG it would just nose-dive when I put my foot down and was pretty rubbish around town too. However, the upside as Martin says is that it was sooooooooo much fun!

My new R56 S is TONS better for fuel consumption (different, more 'sophisticated' engine and means of Induction obviously) - I think the lowest I've seen is 29.5mpg when I've been driving hard. Normally I'll get easy mid-30's around town and on a mixed run it'll do 40+. The Gen 1 S was never any good for MPG which is one of the reasons (along with emissions regs) they introduced the new engines for the Gen 2 cars. If you don't use the performance that much anyway, why not go for a COOPER? If you want the power and that Supercharger whine, you'll have to pay for it at the pumps I'm afraid....

Craig
15th February 2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I get about 250 miles to a tank (costing between £50 to £55). I normally get about 26/27 mpg but at present it is down at 22.9 :blush:

It's just the pain you have to pay for the whine....! :thumbs up:

Stewart
15th February 2010, 05:26 PM
You might feel the fuel economy is off if you do what I do and go from Red to full at the pump. Not the best way to do it I know.

I fill up when it gets into the last few Red segments and I used to get say near 32Lt for the £32 put in but thats not the case nowadays with it sitting on £1.10 at the shell I go to. I get just over 280 miles the last few weeks compared to over the 300 when the price was just below the quid.

But I’m in my R56 Cooper and as said on a run the newer cars are fantastic and probably not much in it depending on the driver of the R56 Cooper and S on a run.

That’s a killer on fuel the old S by the looks of it.

Livi
15th February 2010, 05:31 PM

I use normal fuel, but also i reset my computer every fill up to get a good reading.

Bazthemod
15th February 2010, 05:45 PM
Currently my OBC says im getting 29mpg.... but then again i was 'testing' my new car for educational puproses the past couple of days ;)

bry_mini
15th February 2010, 06:06 PM
22-24ish mpg for me! I do alot of short journeys and carry extra weight.

stoney
15th February 2010, 06:16 PM
all depends on what i drive like but dont do meny short drives christine dose that and gets around 30mpg i put shell v-power in mine

baptie
15th February 2010, 06:27 PM
for £40 I getaround 220 - 240 miles town driving.
£40 last week, went to Glenrothes, Edinburgh and Glasgow and got £285, used cruise control on Motorways (Seems not to have lead foot)

Fartin Martin
15th February 2010, 06:44 PM
22-24ish mpg for me! I do alot of short journeys and carry extra weight.

Glad your the same! Thought it was just me lol

GCA3N
15th February 2010, 06:46 PM
Currently my OBC says im getting 29mpg.... but then again i was 'testing' my new car for educational puproses the past couple of days ;)

Aye right.....:lol:

zimbo
17th February 2010, 11:58 AM
Well seeing as how mine is not an S I will not put my figures in here.... :lol: ...no matter how cracking they are :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th February 2010, 12:01 PM
Well seeing as how mine is not an S I will not put my figures in here.... :lol: ...no matter how cracking they are :thumbs up:

Stop boasting we know 75mpg, how nice if we could get that. :lol:

There is a cooper D in harry fairbairns black with the full JCW kit and wheels, will be going on sale in March, could be tempted.

Stewart
17th February 2010, 12:25 PM
"cooper D in harry fairbairns black with the full JCW kit "

Honestly if I had Baz’s Wheels and brakes I’d be delighted with the look, tax and insurance and even better the MPG.

But I've not been driving an S so would not miss anything power wise.

GCA3N
17th February 2010, 01:37 PM
"cooper D in harry fairbairns black with the full JCW kit "

Honestly if I had Baz’s Wheels and brakes I’d be delighted with the look, tax and insurance and even better the MPG.

But I've not been driving an S so would not miss anything power wise.

It's a managers car just now they told me it should be going on sale in March, looks amazing though.

Crombers
17th February 2010, 11:27 PM
It's the penalty you pay for having one of those big nasty heavy superchargers holding you back :thumbs up:

I currently get 3 to 4 months out of a full tank :yes nod:

RyanK
18th February 2010, 12:21 AM
200 miles to a £55 full tank of v-power every time. Most I have seen town driving is 220

Increases dramatically on a long run, most I have ever seen is 300.