PDA

View Full Version : Ladies only thread

Scottie
12th February 2010, 11:43 PM
So come on then how many of us are there.

There has got to be a few of us on here surrounded by all of these guys who love talking cars or computer games or gadgets TV's etc etc. Don't get me wrong I enjoy talking about those things but sometimes it would be great to share gossip, talk shoes, Nails etc etc.

Got my gels on last week with a french manicure got to say I'm loving them.:thumbs up:

Oh Gerard Butler he does for me.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/gerard-butler-13th-annual-elton-joh.jpg

audrey
13th February 2010, 12:44 AM
Going out tomorrow night wish I had got my nails done just spent the best part of an hour with the nail polish and they still look shocking :frown: Time to take it off and start again I think don't know about you but I am terrible at this.

Have you had the gel nails before? Is your hubby taking you somewhere nice for valentines day

As if the stress of the naills isn't bad enough been searching the shops for something to wear.Don't get me wrong love shopping :yes nod: just hate when I leave it until the last minute. Took my shoes I was gonna wear out earlier and they don't look too pretty few too many the last time I wore them probably :blush: Oh and Gerard Butler Yep I definately would :laugh::laugh::thumbs up:

Scottie
13th February 2010, 01:02 AM
Have you had the gel nails before?YES

Is your hubby taking you somewhere nice for valentines day NO

As if the stress of the naills isn't bad enough been searching the shops for something to wear.Don't get me wrong love shopping :yes nod: just hate when I leave it until the last minute. Took my shoes I was gonna wear out earlier and they don't look too pretty few too many the last time I wore them probably :blush: I love shoe shopping Think Shoes or Rusell and Bromley

Oh and Gerard Butler Yep I definately would :laugh::laugh::thumbs up:
:p;)

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 03:59 AM
He's quite tasty :thumbs up:

Nails - suffer from serious neglect in this household. What meagre attention they received has plummeted due to eleven year old swiping files and stuff from my dressing table. Pointless nicking them back because they just vanish again. Have had gels. Liked them fine but left my nails in a bit of a sotter. Acryllics were fun LOL felt like boulders had been attached to my fingers. Ended up picking them off after a week.

Shoes - love shoes. Majority of mine are ART ones. Pricey but good quality and lots of funky colours and designs. Every now and then take a tig for smart black shoes but somehow or other they always end up at the back of the cupboard. Shoe designs range from pink cowskin to my conservative bright red/black ones that look like I'm wearing red sandals with black socks. Very rarely wear heels though I can mind tearing up the High St in Elgin in six inchers at a rate of knots feart to be late for work because in those days wards were ruled by tyrants :smilewinkgrin: Have noted a tendency in the office to consider my conservative red/black ones as 'wild' so not yet got round to exposing them to the pink cowskin. One day..........

Shoe fettish only exceeded by fettish for sweaters. Last year my nieces inherited 80 garments some barely worn and noticing that another clearout is about due. I thought my taste in sweaters was varied but from the reports of 'Sheila sweaters' in whatever shops colleagues have been into seems my preference is for bold and wild stripes.

I have no frocks/skirts. I think I last wore a frock in 1996 when I was skinny. Before that was about in 1989 when Nikolas was Christened, before that 1982 when Darren was Christened, 1980 when Kris was ........ and 1978 when Danni was .......... and poor Catriona, she'd to put up with her mother wearing breeks. I refused to graduate in a skirt and got a pair of tartan breeks made specially for the occasion. They raised a few eyebrows but didn't care. I did wear a frock when I got married though but wore white jeans underneath in protest. Skirts were designed by men as a means of controlling women by restricting their movements and physical freedom. But on saying that I think that young slender women look very smart in frocks and stuff but whenever I see youngsters with too much flesh hanging out it makes me squirm for surely they didn't look in the mirror before they left the house.

I don't like being tied to the kitchen sink and stuff like that tho. Haven't done any cooking for about two and half years and occasionally do the dishes out of the kindness of my heart. On other hand Munro hasn't ironed for about ten years and avoids the iron with the same passion as I avoid the cooker and I think he thinks the loo is self-cleaning so the chores are shared out (have to add that coz the mannies will gasp in horror at thought of somebody having a slattern for a wife ;)).

Haven't done anything for Valentine's Day for years. Can't make up my mind if I buy into the school that says its just a con for florists and manufacturers to sell us overpriced stuff we don't need or if its just a day to encourage folk to be nicer to each other. Suppose depends on what kind of mood I waken up in on Sunday ;)

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 04:08 AM
Going out tomorrow night wish I had got my nails done just spent the best part of an hour with the nail polish and they still look shocking :frown: Time to take it off and start again I think don't know about you but I am terrible at this.

Have you had the gel nails before? Is your hubby taking you somewhere nice for valentines day

As if the stress of the naills isn't bad enough been searching the shops for something to wear.Don't get me wrong love shopping :yes nod: just hate when I leave it until the last minute. Took my shoes I was gonna wear out earlier and they don't look too pretty few too many the last time I wore them probably :blush: Oh and Gerard Butler Yep I definately would :laugh::laugh::thumbs up:

Is it not the case though that the shops are always full of what you want when your skint and nothing to be seen when the purse is full ?

Scottie
13th February 2010, 10:17 AM
I've only worn a frock on two occasions once getting married and once for a works dance. I wore a skirt to work everyday right up until about 90/91 with a nice pair of court shoes. OMG I would never go out to work like that these days. Ain't it great how there is always that pair of shoes at the back of the cupboard that you love come across them and think not worn them for a while put them on you get half way through the shopping centre your feet start to hurt and you think why the hell did I put these dam shoes on so back in the cupboard they go until next time.

Talking about a clothes fettish well my little secret is I have a sock fettish I have so many pairs it's a family joke but great at Christmas . They range from a pair out of Next to paying £30 for a Johnston of Elgin cashmere ones. Handy that I have a Scottie dog as people seem to buy me socks with Scotties on them. I take more time in the morning deciding what socks I will put on than I do what trousers to wear.

Scottie
13th February 2010, 10:22 AM
The gels can be a bugger when your nail breaks and you have to take them off and can leave the nails in a mess. I find as long as I do not let my nails get to long I can get away with it. The older you get the harder the nails get the better the gel takes to the nail and are great for covering those ridges.

I like them filed to flat end shape and not rounded.

Mind you they are not cheap £36 for the gels and £27 every 4/5 weeks to maintain

Acrylics I can't get on with.

Gismo
13th February 2010, 10:33 AM
I wonder how many men are looking into this thread :Whistle:

stoney
13th February 2010, 11:02 AM
Yep and thinking boring ::):

camjay
13th February 2010, 11:38 AM
I have only got one thing to say to the ladies on this thread. HE IS MINE! Simples. :yes nod::thumbs up:

camjay
13th February 2010, 12:03 PM
This is what I'm talking about!

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/3004.jpg

Gorgeous and Scottish - what more can a girl want! :yes nod: THIS IS SPARTA

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 02:46 PM
Yep and thinking boring ::):

ok smarty pants ;) away to see what priceless nuggets of information there's in the mannies thread ;)

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 03:09 PM
The gels can be a bugger when your nail breaks and you have to take them off and can leave the nails in a mess. I find as long as I do not let my nails get to long I can get away with it. The older you get the harder the nails get the better the gel takes to the nail and are great for covering those ridges.

I like them filed to flat end shape and not rounded.

Mind you they are not cheap £36 for the gels and £27 every 4/5 weeks to maintain

Acrylics I can't get on with.

the acryllics are not nice at all. i think they look quite naff compared to the gels. Can get the gels for less than £36 in Aberdeen. Place I went to only charged £25. Mind you '£25' and 'only' while discussing nails shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence. Lot of money for mere pampering especially when a lot of mums and dads will be agonising in the supermarket about how they can feed themselves for a week on that kind of money.

O! O! there's all those silly men out on the pitch fighting over a ball. Honestly, you'd think they'd grasp the concept of having one each and then they wouldn't have to fight over it. Mind you some of them have okayish legs though do wish they wouldn't spit, its just so common.

Socks? Well that's defo a bit different. Most of mine end up abandoned by their partner: probably run off with the underpants from the washing machine when no one was looking. Just think, somewhere out there in the universe there may well be a planet peopled by socks. Could be one of those cheapos I buy from Asda, that start life off in an Indian sweatshop, may have reached the giddy height of being Chief of The Garters. Sounds fanciful to be sure but it passes the time while those thirty silly men fight over a ball.

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 03:14 PM
I have only got one thing to say to the ladies on this thread. HE IS MINE! Simples. :yes nod::thumbs up:

Now! Now! Let's not act like men :frown: Share and share alike :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up: Simples :thumbs up:

Scottie
13th February 2010, 05:47 PM
This is what I'm talking about!

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/3004.jpg

Gorgeous and Scottish - what more can a girl want! :yes nod: THIS IS SPARTA

Nice mind you I'd be tempted if Hugh Jackman was to walk past.

Scottie
13th February 2010, 05:50 PM
t

Socks? Well that's defo a bit different. Most of mine end up abandoned by their partner: probably run off with the underpants from the washing machine when no one was looking. .

They may have ran off to make baby bra's.:blush: Talking about bras how annoying is it they after a couple of washes they are no longer white. I've started to wash mine by hand:blush:

camjay
13th February 2010, 06:36 PM
Ladies. Another example of gorgeous maleness! I most certainly would - no question!! :smilewinkgrin:

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/brad-pitt-beach.jpg

Scottie
13th February 2010, 06:44 PM
You can't go wrong with a bit of Brad I'll help him get over Angelina

I have a wee liking for this chap.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Richard_Armitage_in_whitemyspace-1.jpg

Scottie
13th February 2010, 06:49 PM
My boss is pals with this guy. We had a few of his calendars last year given to us girls in the office. OMG some of the pictures gave us all a flush.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/baxter_nude_2_390.jpg

camjay
13th February 2010, 06:53 PM
Phew! Do you think he works out much! Nice bod!

On the nail thing. I'm not allowed to have extension due to my job (its rubbish) got to make do with wee stubbies LOL. My friend gets the gels done, they're lovely. Iwould agree with Sheilz, not a fan of acrylics. Don't like the white tip - too WAG.

On the WAG note. What do you all think about John Terry's wife taking him back? Could you forgive and forget? I couldn't, I would have chopped his B++++++s off by now!

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 07:46 PM
Phew! Do you think he works out much! Nice bod!

On the nail thing. I'm not allowed to have extension due to my job (its rubbish) got to make do with wee stubbies LOL. My friend gets the gels done, they're lovely. Iwould agree with Sheilz, not a fan of acrylics. Don't like the white tip - too WAG.

On the WAG note. What do you all think about John Terry's wife taking him back? Could you forgive and forget? I couldn't, I would have chopped his B++++++s off by now!

These WAGS are as bad as the blokes. Trading dignity and pride for baubles and trinkets. Pretty humiliating having personal stuff splattered across the tabloids. Shows pretty poor self-esteem. Clearly John Terry has no regard for anything other than the few brain cells he keeps in his crotch. Miserable speciman of a man that he is. I'd defo have every sympathy for his wife if she'd done a bobbit on him and pickled it as a reminder that she's not to be messed around with.

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 07:48 PM
Ladies. Another example of gorgeous maleness! I most certainly would - no question!! :smilewinkgrin:

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/brad-pitt-beach.jpg

Yummy :yes nod::thumbs up::cool:

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 07:51 PM
You can't go wrong with a bit of Brad I'll help him get over Angelina

I have a wee liking for this chap.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Richard_Armitage_in_whitemyspace-1.jpg

He's a bit of all right like. Nice enough bit of crumpet :thumbs up::drool:

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 08:04 PM
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/george-clooney/images/10082039/title/georgie-c

Creme de la creme

The one and only.............. those dark come to bed eyes................. pure, naked, unadulterated, all consuming sex on legs. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 08:17 PM
You are so right Fi. I 'visited' 'next door' as well. Content was fairly predictable.

What about beer? I'm not a lover of it much at all. Canned lagers are just vile but a wee haulf o real ale is acceptable. Caledonian 80sh, Old Speckled Hen and Skull Splitter are my favourites :Whistle::Whistle::Whistle:though I do prefer a glass of wine.

Scottie
13th February 2010, 10:04 PM
George Clooney has got to be in any girls top ten even when he is 60+ he is always going to look good..

On the John Terry thing I can't understand why his wife would let him come back. Do they have kids?? Worse than that what about Vernon Kay caught texting a page three girl. Has the man got no brains.

Oh while watching TV tonight doing a spot of ironing I burnt my bl00dy arm.

Mrs JCP
13th February 2010, 10:47 PM
http://bloggledygook.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/johnny-depp.jpeg

Johnny Depp of course!!

Mrs JCP
13th February 2010, 10:49 PM
or.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HE7ZiqYDIW0/RiYWV2ny5AI/AAAAAAAAAX0/LpPEAIYGtsg/s400/1136736716_Smith%2520Jerod7.jpg

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 10:59 PM
George Clooney has got to be in any girls top ten even when he is 60+ he is always going to look good..

On the John Terry thing I can't understand why his wife would let him come back. Do they have kids?? Worse than that what about Vernon Kay caught texting a page three girl. Has the man got no brains.

Oh while watching TV tonight doing a spot of ironing I burnt my bl00dy arm.

B*ggar about the burn. For some bizarre reason I always used to burn my midriff when I was ironing, and yep I was fully dressed. My sis bought a fandangdoobie iron thing a bit like a press that does shirts and stuff in half the time of conventional irons. B*ggar is she is forever burning herself with it. Have debated for no great length of time to be honest about whether I should trade burns for less time on a tiresome chore. Got bored of the debate before ever managing to take it to its conclusion. One of these days I might force myself to fully discuss, silently, with self. Got funny feeling that I'd struggle to spend a three figure sum on an iron.

Vernon Kay? Now need to take a few mins out to find out who he is before I can comment on that. Could understand Terry's wife taking him back if it had been a one off maybe when they'd been going through a bad patch or something, but he's basically behaved like a fully fledged slut. I hope they don't have kids, epsecially any of school age. Could only begin to imagine how embarrasing that would be for them. Probably only reason she has taken him back is because he has loads of money and she'd miss the lifestyle, you know being cast out in the cold by their social circle though I imagine a divorce settlement would be quite lucrative, unless of course there's a pre-nuptial agreement.

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 11:06 PM
or.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_he7ziqydiw0/riywv2ny5ai/aaaaaaaaax0/lppeaiygtsg/s400/1136736716_smith%2520jerod7.jpg

how did i miss this one :confused: Must've been thinking about George ;) at the time.

He's a bonnie loon. Note loon for he must be about the same age group as my loons and so out of bounds for me. Makes me feel like a perv just looking at it.

but.......to be objective..........I think if I was his ma I'd give him whatfor............what does a bonnie loon need so much that he's acting like a **oor to get it. I'd be gutted if George :drool::drool:behaved like that, In fact I think I'd dump him :Whistle:

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 11:09 PM
http://bloggledygook.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/johnny-depp.jpeg

Johnny Depp of course!!

Now that is much better :thumbs up:

Like his dark looks but not quite in the same league as George :drool::drool:
Good effort though :Whistle:

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 11:26 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/47273000/jpg/_47273652_dubai1002_bride_226_getty.jpg

Shame on the hubby for divorcing her just because she'd a beard. He could've just made sure there was plenty immac in the house.

Sheilz
13th February 2010, 11:37 PM
1. Platinum handbag Ginza Tanaka

http://www.cooldesignerhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/2-millionen-handtasche.jpg
Valued at £1m, the diamond-encrusted platinum handbag will go on display at jewellery shops around London to mark the inaugural London Jewellery Week.Created by Japanese designer Ginza Tanaka, the bag has been set with more than 2,000 diamonds.
Price: $ 2 million / € 1,422,122.00
2. Diamond Forever by Chanel

http://www.cooldesignerhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/diamond-forever.jpg
The Chanel Diamond Forever Classic Bag will debut in December adorned with 3.56 carats made up of 334 diamonds, 18 carat white gold hardware, and white alligator skin. Five of these ostentatious handbags will be available in the states.
Price: $ 261000 / 185.646,16 €
3. Matte crocodile Hermes bag

http://www.cooldesignerhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/hermes-matte-crocodile-birkin-bag.jpg
This beautiful bag is made from luxurious crocodile leather. The white gold clasp of this stunning tote is encrusted with a dazzling 10 carats of white diamonds.
Price: $ 120000 / 85.342,44 €
4. Lana Marks Cleopatra Bag

http://www.cooldesignerhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cleopatra-bag.jpg
The Cleopatra Clutch is in such high demand, only a handful of actresses have been allowed to carry them to high-profile events and Marks’ astonishing, hand-crafted designs have made her a favorite with First Lady Laura Bush and the late Princess Diana of Wales.This year’s limited edition Art Nouveau creation gem is dressed in metallic silver alligator suit with 1500 fully cut and faceted black and white diamonds set in an 18-carat white gold frame
Price: $ 100000 / 71.144,00 €
5. Precious Rose bag

http://www.cooldesignerhandbags.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/leiber-precious-rose.jpg
Made in the shape of a perfect flower, the bag is made with 1,016 diamonds totaling 42.56 carats, 1,169 pink sapphires and 800 tourmalines.
Price: $ 92000 / 65.457,17 €

The last couple of holidays I went on was to Dubai. I think that's where hangbags first popped out at me as a fashion item simply because handbags, shoes and enormous rocks were the only way that Muslim women could make a public statement. Those I say fully wrapped up in the black robes (cant spell the word but know what it is) could only make a personal statement with their shoes, many of them even having their hands covered. Some of the bags and accessories I saw were very bling bling. This was a bit of a shock to me because handbags fall into the same realm as my nails = no consideration at all. Mine are for utility not show.

Would you consider ever paying this kind of money for a handbag or would you think it quite vulgar?

Scottie
14th February 2010, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't pay that money. I have my LV purse which I paid £350 but that's my limit

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2010, 12:29 AM
http://www.superiorpics.com/wenn_album/Marti_Pellow_-_The_Abbey_Shoot/marti_pellow_001_011407.jpg

http://cdn.7static.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/000/395/0000039556_350.jpg

This is more my taste.:thumbs up:

L:D

Sheilz
14th February 2010, 12:45 AM
http://www.superiorpics.com/wenn_album/Marti_Pellow_-_The_Abbey_Shoot/marti_pellow_001_011407.jpg

http://cdn.7static.com/static/img/sleeveart/00/000/395/0000039556_350.jpg

This is more my taste.:thumbs up:

It was Lenore that posted this ?? wasn't it ;)

A most respectable young man :thumbs up: But ...............Who is he :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Scottie
14th February 2010, 12:45 AM
God I thought Andy was trying to tell us all something:laugh::laugh:

Then I saw the L.

Sheilz
14th February 2010, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't pay that money. I have my LV purse which I paid £350 but that's my limit

Is that in purse purse or bag purse. O dear, I felt totally decadent and so guilty spending £35 on a radleigh purse, aye as in purse purse. The one I used for years cost about £7 and it did just fine. LOL It held so little money that a couple quid of change and I felt like the richest person in the world. My eldest is a bessom for bags and stuff. She's got quite a collection of designer bags and to be honest, last one she bought, a Marc Jacobs one, didn't look much different from my one from Next, only a bit tattier because it was 'weathered'.
I think purses/bags for mannies are just as expensive. Do any of your men folk carry bags. I noticed quite a few young men in Dubai carrying the male equivalent. None of mine do and to be honest I would have to cover my ears if I ever presented them with one. They wouldn't be very PC.

If I ever had one of those bags I'd be a philistine and sell it.

Sheilz
14th February 2010, 12:57 AM
God I thought Andy was trying to tell us all something:laugh::laugh:

Then I saw the L.

Yeah! But he could be pretending to be L :Whistle: :laugh:

Scottie
14th February 2010, 01:05 AM
Is that in purse purse or bag purse. O dear, I felt totally decadent and so guilty spending £35 on a radleigh purse, aye as in purse purse. The one I used for years cost about £7 and it did just fine. LOL It held so little money that a couple quid of change and I felt like the richest person in the world. My eldest is a bessom for bags and stuff. She's got quite a collection of designer bags and to be honest, last one she bought, a Marc Jacobs one, didn't look much different from my one from Next, only a bit tattier because it was 'weathered'.
I think purses/bags for mannies are just as expensive. Do any of your men folk carry bags. I noticed quite a few young men in Dubai carrying the male equivalent. None of mine do and to be honest I would have to cover my ears if I ever presented them with one. They wouldn't be very PC.

If I ever had one of those bags I'd be a philistine and sell it.

A purse purse this will be my third LV purse had this one the longest must be 5 year old now

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah! But he could be pretending to be L :Whistle: :laugh:

He's NOT. I promise.:laugh:

A.:D

Sheilz
14th February 2010, 01:50 AM
A purse purse this will be my third LV purse had this one the longest must be 5 year old now

That's me officially a cheapskate :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sheilz
14th February 2010, 01:53 AM
He's NOT. I promise.:laugh:

There there noo dina fasch yersel' :babypram::Whistle::laugh:

camjay
14th February 2010, 10:44 AM
OMG all that money for bags and purses is obscene. I don't think that even if I had a load of money I would pay that much! I'm very much a Primark girl me! Or stock up on the fakes when I go to Turkey. (Did get a Marc Jacobs purse from my husband last year, only because the bag I liked was £750)! Ridiculous!

I don't feel sorry at all for John Terry's wife. I think she can't see past the glitz and glam that comes along with being a WAG. She's failing to see the crap she's to put up with and the total humiliation she's going through. I might see her point if it was one indiscretion, but all these different girls coming forward and telling their stories. I think she's a VERY silly girl to put up with that!

I have to add this picture in. This guy (along with Gerard Butler) is my fave. He is Tom Hardy, relatively unkown actor, but is going to be huge! He was in Martina Cole's "The Take" and "wuthering Heights" a couple of months ago on TV. Not to everyone's taste but for me YUM YUM! :thumbs up:

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/TomHardy.jpg

Sheilz
14th February 2010, 11:19 PM
OMG all that money for bags and purses is obscene. I don't think that even if I had a load of money I would pay that much! I'm very much a Primark girl me! Or stock up on the fakes when I go to Turkey. (Did get a Marc Jacobs purse from my husband last year, only because the bag I liked was £750)! Ridiculous!

I don't feel sorry at all for John Terry's wife. I think she can't see past the glitz and glam that comes along with being a WAG. She's failing to see the crap she's to put up with and the total humiliation she's going through. I might see her point if it was one indiscretion, but all these different girls coming forward and telling their stories. I think she's a VERY silly girl to put up with that!

I have to add this picture in. This guy (along with Gerard Butler) is my fave. He is Tom Hardy, relatively unkown actor, but is going to be huge! He was in Martina Cole's "The Take" and "wuthering Heights" a couple of months ago on TV. Not to everyone's taste but for me YUM YUM! :thumbs up:

He's not bad looking at all. Not quite up to George's standard :drool::drool:but can anybody equal him ;)

Seems the ladies on NMS have different priorities from gatherers of baubles and trinkets. My daughter thinks I'm nuts revolving a significant part of my life around a car. As far as she's concerned the only thing about a car a woman need worry about is the size of the boot for carrying shopping. In fact she'd a bit of bother with her 'Polly'. Garage identified a problem with the ABS, She'd been dreading a large repair bill but lucky for her Mitsubishi have a recall for the Pajero so that'll be a few more dresses or baubles into the wardrobe. Actually she's pretty lucky coz one of her good friends owns a few jewellery shops in Dubai so anything she buys is at a very good price. She's designed a few pieces herself. At one point she contemplated going into business with his brother but decided not to. They're Indian and work long long hours and have little by way of days off or holidays. If there's one thing she likes even better than dresses and baubles its holidays :thumbs up: The chap's a really nice bloke but when it comes to pay day he's always in a bad mood. Dani teaches his wee boy English and when she goes into the shop to pick up her pay cheque, K is always as grumpy as anything. Must have Scottish blood coz he just hates parting with his dosh. Dani took me to meet him at his main shop. I tell you I've never ever been treated so well in a shop in my life. Tea, dates, juice, a chair, more tea, and tray after tray of diamonds flashed before me so that I could pick and chose the perfect stone for my purchase. Was the same when it came to Catriona getting earrings. Despite her only being ten they were prepared to give her as much time as she needed to chose stones for them. Despite this saga about Dubai, I don't collect jewellery anymore than I do handbags. Dani has an amazing collection though. She says its her pension fund. Have to say its a much more fun way to gather a pension fund than the way we do it. LOL since Dani moved there the whole family plan holidays around the need/wish to buy jewellery. I want to move to Dubai. I love the lifestyle. I find it quite magical being able to walk in the warmth of the evening with children of any age and not have to worry about being accosted by drunks or having to side step brawling outside pubs. I've been keeping an eye on the embryo development of social services in the country. It is there but not at a stage where I could take personal advantage of it. One day hopefully........... The education system there is excellent, in fact i think the most highly rated school in the world is in Dubai, so wouldn't even have to worry about Catriona losing out in opportunity either. In the meantime though will just have to make do with taking our hols out there. Roll on autumn :cool::thumbs up:

Scottie
15th February 2010, 12:59 AM
I like Jewellery and Watches along side cars.

Cars win though. It would though being the only daughter the youngest with five older brothers all of them into cars and three of them mechanics. From the time I could walk I was always with my dad while he worked in his garage: four bays for repairs I was often found down the pit looking up to the underside of a car , three bays for detailing all surrounding one huge wash bay I was washing cars by the time I was five and was allowed to restore my first horse box by the time I was 16 (he wouldn't let loose on a car) got to ride in cars that most folk could only dream about and I loved it when he took me round all the car showrooms when he was visiting his mates.

Hence I'm a 46 year old woman who still loves cars more than most blokes I think. I often say to myself Fiona are you still going to love cars by the time your 60.:D

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 02:11 AM
I like Jewellery and Watches along side cars.

Cars win though. It would though being the only daughter the youngest with five older brothers all of them into cars and three of them mechanics. From the time I could walk I was always with my dad while he worked in his garage: four bays for repairs I was often found down the pit looking up to the underside of a car , three bays for detailing all surrounding one huge wash bay I was washing cars by the time I was five and was allowed to restore my first horse box by the time I was 16 (he wouldn't let loose on a car) got to ride in cars that most folk could only dream about and I loved it when he took me round all the car showrooms when he was visiting his mates.

Hence I'm a 46 year old woman who still loves cars more than most blokes I think. I often say to myself Fiona are you still going to love cars by the time your 60.:D

I like jewellery and watches too but I don't, or rather very rarely, buy any. Dani just shakes her head when she sees my motley collection. I prefer cars too though I didn't have the early introduction to them as you did. My dad was fanatical about keeping his cars immaculate inside, outside and underneath to the extent they were always sold before they hit the forecourt. I think I'd have liked to have brothers that were into cars and stuff. i do have one brother, he's just the best bloke ever, but he's not interested in cars for anything other than going from A to B. I do have three sisters though and my dad's view was that girls helped their mother in the house. O God! Those Saturday morning chores did my nut :argh: According to my mother instead of doing chores I hid under my bed reading a book :D Now while I can remember those moments being very happy ones, I also know she has exaggerated that because once the old bedstead was replaced by a divan there was no way I could have hidden under it :ragin:

To be honest for all the years I've had a licence it was only the arrival of Hamish in 2004 that triggered the passion for cars, or rather minis, though always kept them fairly clean. I had one car for three years before I found out how to open the bonnet :blush: had to get my mum, who doesn't drive, show me how to open it after running out of screenwash and shock horror there wasn't a mannie around to sort it for me. That's really bad but it was just the way of it. Of course its all different for kids learning to drive nowadays. fluttering the eyelashes and looking helpless doesn't get them out of learning essential maintenance. LOL I still don't know how to change a wheel, well I think I do, but don't think I'd like to drive any car that depended on my mechanicing (non) skills.

camjay
15th February 2010, 06:24 PM
I didn't discover cars until I met my husband. He is a real petrol head and when we met I couldn't tell what car was what. That's all changed now. I would still say I'm rusty when it comes to how cars work etc. But at least I can tell what type of car I'm driving! And of course I love my minis. Got my first one in 2002 and was bitten then! Unfortunately, had to trade my beloved wee car in due to children, but now my kids are out of prams I got another!

Lurve bags and shoes - the higher the better. This is just a recent thing. I used to wear high heels as a teenager in the 80's then never wore them until I turned 40 (midlife crisis). I'm about 6 ft when I wear my highest and they kill me by the end of the night, but I can't go out without them. Don't care during the day, wear my flatties then, but save the skyscrapers for nights out! Mad for bags too but can't afford designer. River island though do a fantastic range, mostly under £30!

Scottie
15th February 2010, 07:18 PM
wee need pictures of these high heels.

camjay
15th February 2010, 07:42 PM
Mine are just a wee bit higher than these! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/41JPcxIVEbL__AA280_.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2010, 07:45 PM
My weaknesses other than MINI's are - watches, Radley handbags and Ugg boots (all are a bit expensive:blush:).

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2010, 07:46 PM
Mine are just a wee bit higher than these! :laugh::laugh::laugh:]

Good god, I couldn't walk on those.:hand:

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2010, 07:48 PM
http://thecreme.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/hammond.jpg

Also think Richard Hammond is not bad to look at but only when he has short hair.:thumbs up:

camjay
15th February 2010, 07:55 PM
Also think Richard Hammond is not bad to look at but only when he has short hair.:thumbs up:

I know. What the hell is up with the hair - it is truly dreadful. THAT is a man in mid-life crisis definately!

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 08:11 PM
My weaknesses other than MINI's are - watches, Radley handbags and Ugg boots (all are a bit expensive:blush:).

I've got one Radley bag, was a pressie, its green, and my purse. Have to say its a very nice purse, though not sure I could really justify spending a lot (for me anyway) on it. I've got Uggs too. Real ones not the fake ones. Only one pair though. I got them a bit muckit so they've been through the washing machine and survived. I didn't put them in the tumble drier, otherwise they would've ended up 'dolly' sized. I did that once with a Norwegian cardigan, LOL, a midget would have struggled to make it fit. The Uggs are really comfortable though. I've always intended getting another pair but not quite got round to it.

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2010, 08:13 PM
I've got one Radley bag, was a pressie, its green, and my purse. Have to say its a very nice purse, though not sure I could really justify spending a lot (for me anyway) on it. I've got Uggs too. Real ones not the fake ones. Only one pair though. I got them a bit muckit so they've been through the washing machine and survived. I didn't put them in the tumble drier, otherwise they would've ended up 'dolly' sized. I did that once with a Norwegian cardigan, LOL, a midget would have struggled to make it fit. The Uggs are really comfortable though. I've always intended getting another pair but not quite got round to it.

I've got 4 pairs of Uggs, several Radley handbags and purses.:blush:

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.nbc.com/ER/images/wherearetheynow/george_clooney.jpg

For Sheilz and me.:thumbs up:

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=camjay;236798]Mine are just a wee bit higher than these! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/h[http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/41JPcxIVEbL__AA280_.jpg
h337/fudgieB/41JPcxIVEbL__AA280_.jpg (http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/h[http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/41JPcxIVEbL__AA280_.jpgh337/fudgieB/41JPcxIVEbL__AA280_.jpg)

I can't see them. Could you re-post it for me so that I can pay homage :cool: One of the seniors at work is about six foot tall and she wears absolute killers. I now get vertigo on anything over a couple of inches :sad:

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.nbc.com/ER/images/wherearetheynow/george_clooney.jpg

For Sheilz and me.:thumbs up:

O Yummy isn't he just totally lush. We'll have to share, think Fi might want to get her mitts on him too:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Scottie
15th February 2010, 08:29 PM
I like Radley with the Scottie connection. Also Juicy Couture.

Scottie
15th February 2010, 08:30 PM
O Yummy isn't he just totally lush. We'll have to share, think Fi might want to get her mitts on him too:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Already have........... in my dreams.:thumbs up:

Actually wonder if he's gay .:confused:

Scottie
15th February 2010, 08:32 PM
Mine are just a wee bit higher than these! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/41JPcxIVEbL__AA280_.jpg

No way could I ever walk in anything even half that size.

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 08:50 PM
I've got 4 pairs of Uggs, several Radley handbags and purses.:blush:

My daughter-in-law is into the Radley bags big time. I think Darren sometimes struggles to find one she hasn't got. She was the one that chose the Radley bag for me last Christmas otherwise I wouldn't have it. The Uggs are cool though. Do you have them in different colours and leg lengths? I'd a squint on their website just a couple of weeks ago and noticed they've fairly extended their range.

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 08:54 PM
http://thecreme.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/hammond.jpg

He's cute enough. I prefer James May. Hammy reminds me of something you'd keep as a pet, you know wee, impish grin and mischievous . Would look cute and quite entertaining in a cage by the fireside.

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 08:56 PM
No way could I ever walk in anything even half that size.

Eeek! You'd need scaffolding to get up to them. O my they're pretty awesome. Much respect to any female who can stand up in them never mind walk. :cool::smilewinkgrin:

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 09:08 PM
Already have........... in my dreams.:thumbs up:

Actually wonder if he's gay .:confused:

George :drool::drool::drool:cannot be gay. Its not allowed. Would destroy the fantasies of millions of women across the globe. A truly terrible thought though there is an inordinate amount of really good looking men who are. I worked with a young bloke who was unbelievably good looking, but it was just so obvious that he batted for the wrong side. What a waste :frown:

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 09:12 PM
Talking of men has anyone noticed 'that lot next door' have run out of bosoms to display. Either that or their 'bosses' have caught them red handed and they're all in the dog house

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

camjay
15th February 2010, 09:43 PM
He's cute enough. I prefer James May. .

Do you know what - I do too! I worry about myself and my weird crushes sometimes! (I have a thing for Marco Pierre White who both repulses and quite oddly attracts me)!

Not a fan of Radley or ugg ladies - sorry!

ELFMAN
15th February 2010, 09:48 PM
Oh God, sorry! Thought this was the Gents.... how embarrassing.

camjay
15th February 2010, 09:52 PM
Oh God, sorry! Thought this was the Gents.... how embarrassing.

Yeah Right! :hand:

ELFMAN
15th February 2010, 10:02 PM
Larky Girls are all the same, too clever. OK, my Nails were in a mess from doing Manly Tasks and I was looking for some hints.... And I just can't do a thing with my hair. Mainy because it's gone. Have fun ladies, I'm off to the 'Men Only' section - Hope they've got some Kate Bush foties....

Scottie
15th February 2010, 10:03 PM
Do you know what - I do too! I worry about myself and my weird crushes sometimes! (I have a thing for Marco Pierre White who both repulses and quite oddly attracts me)!

Not a fan of Radley or ugg ladies - sorry!

Richard Hammond is way to tiny for me. James May I like but his hair needs sorting. Clarkson is a no. The stig looks like he could be hunk has a nice slim body anyway.

Marco needs his hair sorting. Chefs h'mm I like James Martin.

Sheilz
15th February 2010, 11:09 PM
Chefs - well if I wanted a bit of 'rough' it would have to be Gordie but for me it would have to be Jamie. I like him best. Having no interest in cooking I think that's the only two chefs I know of LOL

Clarkson doesn't do it for me either, I like him but I prefer James' more quiet way.

Wot waz Elfman wittering about ;) Bless his socks, waz that his feminine side he waz 'exposing'

Bless :laugh::laugh::laugh:

audrey
15th February 2010, 11:39 PM
Richard Hammond does nothing for me at all not into wee skinny guys :frown:

Ugg boots I love also have 4 pairs. Jackets and coats can't ever have enough always remember when I was young my gran talking about someone who lived near her she was trying to describe her and I still didn't know who she meant till she said you know her the woman who wears the blue coat.Think this has stuck with me would hate to be described like that :smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
15th February 2010, 11:52 PM
Richard Hammond does nothing for me at all not into wee skinny guys :frown:

Ugg boots I love also have 4 pairs. Jackets and coats can't ever have enough always remember when I was young my gran talking about someone who lived near her she was trying to describe her and I still didn't know who she meant till she said you know her the woman who wears the blue coat.Think this has stuck with me would hate to be described like that :smilewinkgrin:

how did you get on with your nails?? happy in the end with them.

camjay
16th February 2010, 12:05 AM
Half the men on here think I'm a man. They refer to me as bud and mate and dude! This thread will have them wondering! LOL

camjay
16th February 2010, 12:09 AM
Larky Girls are all the same, too clever. ...

Actually, I'm a Dundee girl - happen to live in Larkhall. Mind you - I don't know what's worse! :p

audrey
16th February 2010, 12:11 AM
how did you get on with your nails?? happy in the end with them.

Turned out nice in the end how are yours holding up still loving them?

audrey
16th February 2010, 12:12 AM
Half the men on here think I'm a man. They refer to me as bud and mate and dude! This thread will have them wondering! LOL

Noticed that too

Scottie
16th February 2010, 12:16 AM
Turned out nice in the end how are yours holding up still loving them?

I get them topped up on the 27th hopefully get them a bit more square also don't want them to long. It's a bugger cleaning the car either have my marigolds on for washing the car and my walking gloves for cleaning the interior just to make sure no breaking of nails happen or you will hear the scream in Glasgow.

Scottie
16th February 2010, 12:19 AM
Noticed that too

have any of you been to a run

Scottie
16th February 2010, 12:22 AM
Talking of men has anyone noticed 'that lot next door' have run out of bosoms to display. Either that or their 'bosses' have caught them red handed and they're all in the dog house

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:yes nod::yes nod:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 12:38 AM

NMS I assume ?

Yep - Aberdeen x 1, Arbroath x 2, Julz' Harvest Run, Oxford x2, Manky Thrash x1, One in Fife - can't remember what it was called but pulled out half way through coz the bairn was bored and feeling a bit giddy from all the bendy roads, Loch Ness x 1, Argyll and Bute x 1 and the Twilight Run. That's my lot I think. Like to go on one or two a year. Since I tend to put the miles on the clock I hold back from attending too many simply because I don't think my car needs the exercise.

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2010, 12:56 AM
Re - Uggs, got a pair of these -http://www.cloggs.co.uk/content/ebiz/cloggs/invt/805878/ugg_boots_capstone_brn_m.jpg

These - http://www.schuh.co.uk/images/product/140345/1403456250_main.jpg

These - http://www.uggbestsell.com/images/Ugg-Mayfair-Boots/Ugg-Mayfair-Boots-2.jpg

And These - http://www.softugg.com/images/Chocolate-Ugg-Classic-Short-Boots.jpg

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 01:01 AM
They may have ran off to make baby bra's.:blush: Talking about bras how annoying is it they after a couple of washes they are no longer white. I've started to wash mine by hand:blush:

Lordy me - how did I miss this one. BRAS - isn't it just the worst thing ever when they turn dingy white :argh: Best way to avoid that is to go coloured :thumbs up: though not any use with the obligatory white work shirt :frown: I used to keep a drawer full of ones I intended to wear but knew damned fine I wouldn't. One day I took a very deep breath and chucked them in the bin. That was quite liberating :laugh:Tumble drying is just as bad because the heat affects the whiteness too and spoils the elastic. One of these things that can only be remedied by a bin liner and a trip to M&S.

The office I work in is right next door to M&S in the St Nicholas Centre so am perfectly placed for a quick spot of retail therapy when I need a break from the computer screen :smilewinkgrin:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 01:06 AM
Re - Uggs, got a pair of these -http://www.cloggs.co.uk/content/ebiz/cloggs/invt/805878/ugg_boots_capstone_brn_m.jpg

These - http://www.schuh.co.uk/images/product/140345/1403456250_main.jpg

These - http://www.uggbestsell.com/images/Ugg-Mayfair-Boots/Ugg-Mayfair-Boots-2.jpg

And These - http://www.softugg.com/images/Chocolate-Ugg-Classic-Short-Boots.jpg

Mine are the bottom ones. These are all are very, very nice boots :thumbs up: I'd like a pair of the second and third ones. The top ones are well :cool: but I'd never get them under my jeans and would look a right track wearing jeans tucked inside them and don't have any skirts I could wear them with so I'd have to make do with buying them for Catriona with her lanky long legs ;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2010, 01:06 AM
How about this one girls -

Matthew Fox (Jack from Lost):thumbs up:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q2iQkra7ffU/Svt1qepj-TI/AAAAAAAAHgk/QlYWvn22JO4/s400/lost_jack.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2010, 01:07 AM
Mine are the bottom ones. These are all are very, very nice boots :thumbs up: I'd like a pair of the second and third ones. The top ones are well :cool: but I'd never get them under my jeans and would look a right track wearing jeans tucked inside them and don't have any skirts I could wear them with so I'd have to make do with buying them for Catriona with her lanky long legs ;)

The top ones are snow boots and the laces loosen so they fit over jeans very nicely.:D

audrey
16th February 2010, 01:19 AM
Lenore your boots are all fab :thumbs up: Only ones I have out of them are the last ones terrible with all this computer stuff can't even post pics not got a clue :blush:

Matthew Fox WOW Gorgeous or what

audrey
16th February 2010, 01:21 AM

Never been on a run

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 01:41 AM
I didn't discover cars until I met my husband. He is a real petrol head and when we met I couldn't tell what car was what. That's all changed now. I would still say I'm rusty when it comes to how cars work etc. But at least I can tell what type of car I'm driving! And of course I love my minis. Got my first one in 2002 and was bitten then! Unfortunately, had to trade my beloved wee car in due to children, but now my kids are out of prams I got another!

I think I was the typical female driver. When asked by someone at work what kind of car I had, without thinking replied 'a green one' LOL. I could at least identify different car models though from childhood. Me and my sis went through a phase of collecting car regs - apprentice anoraks - when we were kids and with that of course came recognition of differnet makes and models.

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 01:46 AM
How about this one girls -

Matthew Fox (Jack from Lost):thumbs up:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q2iQkra7ffU/Svt1qepj-TI/AAAAAAAAHgk/QlYWvn22JO4/s400/lost_jack.jpg

He's not bad looking but not liking the jaw line at all.

George still in pole position :drool::drool::drool:

Scottie
16th February 2010, 08:54 AM
NMS I assume ?

Yep - Aberdeen x 1, Arbroath x 2, Julz' Harvest Run, Oxford x2, Manky Thrash x1, One in Fife - can't remember what it was called but pulled out half way through coz the bairn was bored and feeling a bit giddy from all the bendy roads, Loch Ness x 1, Argyll and Bute x 1 and the Twilight Run. That's my lot I think. Like to go on one or two a year. Since I tend to put the miles on the clock I hold back from attending too many simply because I don't think my car needs the exercise.

Shielz I know you've been on runs.

Scottie
16th February 2010, 08:55 AM
He's not bad looking but not liking the jaw line at all.

George still in pole position :drool::drool::drool:

x2

Scottie
16th February 2010, 08:57 AM
I couldn't wear the Ugg boots but I like the bottom two in the pictures.

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 12:01 PM

:blush:

Was fun remembering which ones :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2010, 12:13 PM
Lenore your boots are all fab :thumbs up: Only ones I have out of them are the last ones terrible with all this computer stuff can't even post pics not got a clue :blush:

Matthew Fox WOW Gorgeous or what

Cheers Audrey.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2010, 12:14 PM

I've been on runs.

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 12:23 PM
Lenore,

Andy's perviing again :Whistle:

GCA3N
16th February 2010, 01:47 PM
Lenore,

Andy's perviing again :Whistle:

Yup perving about this

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/keeley_hazell_calendar.jpg

well you started it Shielz :lol:

Mini Ecosse
16th February 2010, 02:44 PM
Good god, I couldn't walk on those.:hand:

Hold the front page:computer:

Who posted the above A or L :lol::lol:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 05:09 PM
Yup perving about this

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/keeley_hazell_calendar.jpg

Shoo! Shoo! Nae hussies in here :knife::Whistle:;):clap:

Stewart
16th February 2010, 05:13 PM
Here if this is the pics being posted then I'm jumping ship the Guy thread has went pair shaped. no pun intended on the above.

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 05:25 PM
Here if this is the pics being posted then I'm jumping ship the Guy thread has went pair shaped. no pun intended on the above.

Indeed :Whistle::Whistle:

:idea: Do you think they're plastic ? Look afa shiny to me :confused:

Would you consider having implants or reductions ? Stewart ? Particularly interested in your response. And its okay you know in this thread we understand: compassion and empathy and all that ****- that's our trademark - just let it all oot and we promise not to as much as smirk about it. Honest :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2010, 05:32 PM
Yup perving about this

Get back to your own thread Greig.:hand::smilewinkgrin:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.pumelo.com/p103/good-looking-males3.jpg

http://img.allposters.com/6/LRG/18/1848/IQG8D00Z.jpg

Who could resist James Dean ? :thumbs up:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 05:54 PM
LOL first one is not JD. Just liked his toned torso. He's a bit dark and broody looking but not in the same league as the man himself.

Stewart
16th February 2010, 05:59 PM
Indeed :Whistle::Whistle:

:idea: Do you think they're plastic ? Look afa shiny to me :confused:

I keep trying to think up a witty response but then I’d have to stop looking at the plastic.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/129042947290255574.jpg

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 06:01 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:zhcAdxf_EtvKRM:http://chicklitisnotdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/images816105_richard-gere.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://chicklitisnotdead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/images816105_richard-gere.jpg&imgrefurl=http://chicklitisnotdead.com/2009/02/silver-foxes-by-lisa/&usg=__U0k0ixHeNScqaW54Bj7CrUe4vMI=&h=400&w=300&sz=27&hl=en&start=6&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=zhcAdxf_EtvKRM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drichard%2Bgere%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26u m%3D1)

Another rather sexy bloke. One of my favourites :thumbs up::drool::clap::clap:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 06:03 PM
I keep trying to think up a witty response but then I’d have to stop looking at the plastic.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/129042947290255574.jpg

:lol: Cute 'teddy bear' shame about the teeth

camjay
16th February 2010, 06:47 PM

Not yet. Had trouble getting due to my job and hubbies job, but definately coming along this year! I'm a bit shy! :blush: :p

Scottie
16th February 2010, 06:51 PM
Here if this is the pics being posted then I'm jumping ship the Gay thread has went pair shaped. no pun intended on the above.

No problem Stewart I wouldn't hang about that thread either:laugh:

Scottie
16th February 2010, 06:53 PM
LOL first one is not JD. Just liked his toned torso. He's a bit dark and broody looking but not in the same league as the man himself.

stop it Sheilz I can't help but agree with your taste in men well in the looks department anyway. I don't do short guys they have to be tall. I'm thinking we are starting to show our age a wee bit.

Scottie
16th February 2010, 06:55 PM
Hold the front page:computer:

Who posted the above A or L :lol::lol:

for this thread I think Lenore needs her own log in. I have a good laugh everytime there is a reply thinking it's really Andy thats replying.:hand:

Scottie
16th February 2010, 07:09 PM
What do think girls should we follow the advice below:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/haha.jpg

Not bl00dy likely.:hand::laugh:

m8cxc
16th February 2010, 08:10 PM

ahhh dont think so lol

GCA3N
16th February 2010, 08:22 PM
"when he reaches his moment of fulfilment a small moan from yourself is encouraging to him and quite suficiant to indicate any enjoyment that you may have had"

now we're talking.

:lol:

camjay
16th February 2010, 08:46 PM
"when he reaches his moment of fulfilment a small moan from yourself is encouraging to him and quite suficiant to indicate any enjoyment that you may have had"

now we're talking.

What something like - that ceiling really does need painting! Is that moany enough! :laugh:

camjay
16th February 2010, 08:48 PM
"its likely that your husband may promplty fall asleep"............some things really haven't changed over the years have they! LOL

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 10:18 PM

A low moan "O God I forgot to tell you, I maxed the credit card this afternoon" :smilewinkgrin:

"get that kitchen finished........:nag:"

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 10:26 PM

Seriously though, of course I do :Whistle::Whistle::Whistle::rolleyes:;)

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 10:28 PM
stop it Sheilz I can't help but agree with your taste in men well in the looks department anyway. I don't do short guys they have to be tall. I'm thinking we are starting to show our age a wee bit.

Nothing to do with age :Whistle: just good taste :cool::thumbs up:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 10:45 PM
http://files.funnypictures.tv/SSpictures/sbocasdfw34rtr457y678tyjfgj56juu.jpg (http://www.funnypictures.tv/html/funny-pictures/funny-photos/2009-08-05/funny-photo_1249517774d137036.html)

This guy could've been doing with a shottie o' Alan's new knickers :moonie:Nae bonnie at a' :frown:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/chesthair_formations.jpg

:popcorn:Romeo has lost his Juliet :laugh:

Sheilz
16th February 2010, 10:58 PM
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/8uggies.jpg

Proof of the Pudding - some men never grow up

AndyP & Lenore
16th February 2010, 11:24 PM
for this thread I think Lenore needs her own log in. I have a good laugh everytime there is a reply thinking it's really Andy thats replying.:hand:

It's not. Although this time, it is.:D

That's how it should be:yes nod:. Why did it ever change?:confused:

camjay
17th February 2010, 12:08 AM
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/chesthair_formations.jpg

:popcorn:Romeo has lost his Juliet :laugh:

Dear God, that would give ye the boak!!! EEuugghhh!!

Scottie
19th February 2010, 11:23 PM
I feel the need for some Tiffany. Any of you girls like Tiffany.? Had a bit of a shopping spree the last couple of days. Not finished yet.:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

audrey
19th February 2010, 11:32 PM
Not got any Tiffany lovely though :yes nod: So what you thinking of buying?

Scottie
19th February 2010, 11:38 PM
Not got any Tiffany lovely though :yes nod: So what you thinking of buying?

this one

http://uk.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00020&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+8-c+287466-r+201323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Scottie
19th February 2010, 11:39 PM
do you like links of london stuff.??

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 12:12 AM
The nearest I got to London designer jewellery was a necklace and bracelet from Liberty from my mega rich London boss for my 19th birthday. Danielle now has the set. Must have a look. Have you been buying something nice?

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 12:17 AM
this one

http://uk.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00020&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=s+5-p+8-c+287466-r+201323338-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Its a nice ring but do you not think its a bit of a cheek making you pay that much for a ring advertising their company?

Scottie
20th February 2010, 12:24 AM
Its a nice ring but do you not think its a bit of a cheek making you pay that much for a ring advertising their company?

it's Tiffany I have the same idea on my bracelet that I have from them.

Scottie
20th February 2010, 12:27 AM
while waiting on Allan finishing some stuff today I browsed the Jewellers shop at the top of King St. Stirling saw a few nice rings might go back there tomorrow and get one I saw instead of Tiffany

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 12:35 AM
while waiting on Allan finishing some stuff today I browsed the Jewellers shop at the top of King St. Stirling saw a few nice rings might go back there tomorrow and get one I saw instead of Tiffany

Forking out a lot of dosh is ok as long as its not just for a name. To be honest Dani would go mad at me if I bought any jewellery in the UK. Can buy gold and platinum jewellery for about a third of what you'd pay for the same in UK. I've been conditioned to this. LOL I just place my order.

audrey
20th February 2010, 12:43 AM
this one

That is lovely go for it I would

Scottie
20th February 2010, 12:44 AM
I'm a silver girl so no worry about costing very much.

audrey
20th February 2010, 12:46 AM
do you like links of london stuff.??

Yep I do like the links of london stuff but there are that many fakes when you have something trom there especially the sweetie bracelet everyone just assumes its fake.

What about Thomas Sabo do you like their stuff?

Scottie
20th February 2010, 12:54 AM
Yep I do like the links of london stuff but there are that many fakes when you have something trom there especially the sweetie bracelet everyone just assumes its fake.

What about Thomas Sabo do you like their stuff?

I got my sweetie bracelet from Frasers but one of the girls at work got hers from the store in stirling and hers looks so much better than mines.

Yes I Like Thomas Sabo. I bought a bracelet from their store in Buchanan Galleries and also a Scottie Charm, the charm now dangles below my rear view mirror in the mini as I missed placed the bracelet.

camjay
20th February 2010, 09:06 AM
I really like the ring on the Tiffany site. I'm a fan of silver though, not too keen on gold! I haven't got a links, but do have a black Thomas Sabo bracelet, the charms are a mobile phone and and I-pod touch (sounds very chavvy, but its lovely)! Also like the other stuff out just now, the one you add the little charms too, is it Pandora?

camjay
20th February 2010, 09:29 AM
Hi ladies. I will definately be coming to a NMS meet or 2 this year, so can you put up a pic of yourselves, so as I know who you all are. It' s actually quite daunting as you probably well know for a first-timer!This is me:

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh337/fudgieB/060-1-1-1.jpg

As some of the guys on here think I'm a man, hopefully I don't look like one!

LightningStevie
20th February 2010, 09:35 AM

Tom Hardy is lovely! He's in the new kleenex ad as well as Rock'n'roller :D

PS can gay guys join in this thread, or is it really just for the ladies??

Scottie
20th February 2010, 10:00 AM
I really like the ring on the Tiffany site. I'm a fan of silver though, not too keen on gold! I haven't got a links, but do have a black Thomas Sabo bracelet, the charms are a mobile phone and and I-pod touch (sounds very chavvy, but its lovely)! Also like the other stuff out just now, the one you add the little charms too, is it Pandora?
I had a Pandora bracelet however by the time I finished adding all the beads and spacers etc etc had one small charm and padlock with key I found the whole bracelet to heavy and chunky sold it on fleabay

Scottie
20th February 2010, 10:01 AM
Hi ladies. I will definately be coming to a NMS meet or 2 this year, so can you put up a pic of yourselves, so as I know who you all are. It' s actually quite daunting as you probably well know for a first-timer!This is me:

don't think you should get mistaken for a guy LOL runs are good can be a bit long some times you have to enjoy driving.

Scottie
20th February 2010, 10:06 AM

don't see why not.

LightningStevie
20th February 2010, 10:10 AM
don't see why not.

Cool! I can't promise to be any good at nails/handbags/heels but there wont be any sport talk!

camjay
20th February 2010, 10:49 AM

Stevie. If you're a fan of the Hardy you are most welcome. I think Tom is utterly gorgeous! Have you seen Bronson (he looks totally different all beefed up - SIGH)!

camjay
20th February 2010, 10:53 AM
don't think you should get mistaken for a guy LOL runs are good can be a bit long some times you have to enjoy driving.

Hi. no problems with driving at all. Drive all day long as part of my job and commute every day too, so I'll be fine! x

LightningStevie
20th February 2010, 10:58 AM
Stevie. If you're a fan of the Hardy you are most welcome. I think Tom is utterly gorgeous! Have you seen Bronson (he looks totally different all beefed up - SIGH)!

no, not seen that one. Have you seen rock'n'roller? Really good film and he does look great in it! mind you, he bats for my team in the film lol

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 06:34 PM
Hello Stevie welcome to 'our thread'. D'you not like any sport at all? I love watching rugby. Best Saturday's involve drive up and down to Edinburgh with a 'comfort break' at Murrayfield. If I'm stuck at home I sometimes have to close my eyes because I think if I open them it'll jinx the players and the other team will win. I was at the historic match when Scotland bet South Africa, awesome game and have also seen the 'guffies' getting a thrashing. Such joy! If I was given the choice of wandering around the shops on a Saturday or going to the rugby, rugby would win. My idea of hell is shopping on a Saturday afternoon. Only do that when I absolutely have to and then get it done as quickly as possible. Tom Hardy is pretty good looking. Good to know you've got decent taste in men. What about George Clooney :drool::drool::drool:or is he too old for you?

Think you need to work on your partner to make sure he goes down the mini route. Don't think he'd regret it all.

Its okay about not talking about nails and hair because I think we know the difference between being gay and cross-dressing. One of my funniest ever pals was a gay bloke from London. One night three of us took my hubbie to the gay club in town. He'd no idea where he was at, in fact I don't think he knew such a place existed. Well there was an awful lot of pierced nipples, bellybuttons, naked torsos and jewellery. I could see Graham staring about him, looking at me, looking around and just edging that bit closer as he tried to figure out what was what. Time came for drinks from the bar so up Graham went. He came back a bit white faced and whispered in my ear "I think that ****'s gay". Such an innocent! LOL when he needed the loo he made me stand outside the door because he was sh*t scared someome made a pass at him. His reactions were just so funny. He laughed about it himself afterwards but couldn't persuade him to go out in a foursome again when there was mention of clubbing.

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 06:39 PM

I think there are photos on the site with pics of Fi, Lenore and myself already. Am away for a rake.

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 06:51 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/DSC01644.jpg

Fiona

Scottie
20th February 2010, 07:11 PM
oh thanks Shielz you had to pic that picture.:frown::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin: I'll have to get Allan to take an up to date pic

camjay
20th February 2010, 07:21 PM
no, not seen that one. Have you seen rock'n'roller? Really good film and he does look great in it! mind you, he bats for my team in the film lol

Yup, seen it, its one of my favourite films! Tom is hot, hot, hot in it! He fancies Gerry Butler (who doesn't). I;m a total saddo, even my kids know I fancy them! My son told his nursery teacher "my mum's boyfriends are Tom and Gerry" LOL. Chance would be a fine thing!

Fartin Martin
20th February 2010, 07:39 PM

Me too then???:lol:..I can offer you ladies hair tips, al even do it for free!;)

Fartin Martin
20th February 2010, 07:41 PM

I LOVE that film! got ity saved on my sky box and everything! :lol:

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 11:44 PM
oh thanks Shielz you had to pic that picture.:frown::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin: I'll have to get Allan to take an up to date pic

sorry Fi, it was the only one I could find. A lot of the pics on the rogues gallery thread have gone because folks free accounts have ended. Most of the photos on the site are of blokes. Only came across one of Lenore but she was in the background, patting her head :confused: Am sure there's other ones but couldn't find them. i saw one of her in the snow. Ok now off to look through the snow pics. I just sussed where I saw it.

Sheilz
20th February 2010, 11:59 PM
Strange the photo I was going to copy was on the snow thread but none of Andy's photos will open. Shame, those pink boots were quite funky. Speaking of snow. How much snow is lying out and about? On Friday we'd about 3-4 inches. Still lying and more predicted for Mon and Tues. Cold and crisp outside. Only place to be by the fire, except haven't got one anymore, but covering the chest with lit candles has the same effect. Brrr!

LightningStevie
21st February 2010, 12:01 AM
Sheilz, I love taking straight friends to gay clubs! They end up loving it lol And don't worry about persuading my partner about the mini, its worked and we should pick up our car on Tuesday! Woohoo!

As for George Cloonie, he's ok, but I will let you girls fight over him lol

And what do you all think about the guy from the Tudors

http://hillbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/the-tudors.jpg

LightningStevie
21st February 2010, 12:02 AM
Strange the photo I was going to copy was on the snow thread but none of Andy's photos will open. Shame, those pink boots were quite funky. Speaking of snow. How much snow is lying out and about? On Friday we'd about 3-4 inches. Still lying and more predicted for Mon and Tues. Cold and crisp outside. Only place to be by the fire, except haven't got one anymore, but covering the chest with lit candles has the same effect. Brrr!

Really? Hmmm, will have to maybe change my work plans on Monday

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 12:09 AM
Me too then???:lol:..I can offer you ladies hair tips, al even do it for free!;)

Are you a hairdresser? Cool. On runs you could set up a wee stall offering haircuts and stuff. A few times when visiting the hairdresser my response to enquiry as to what 'Madam' wants today has been to keep a dead pan face while telling them I want it blonde and down to my waist. A couple of times its been met with a snooty look but most times it has the desired affect.

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 12:25 AM
Sheilz, I love taking straight friends to gay clubs! They end up loving it lol And don't worry about persuading my partner about the mini, its worked and we should pick up our car on Tuesday! Woohoo!

He's handsome. Still not got anyone to topple George :drool::drool:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI3OTIxMDIyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI5NTYyMQ@@._ V1._SX100_SY140_.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/rg/action-box-name/headshot/media/rm179477760/nm0000148)

though this bloke is a serious rival. Harrison Ford is a very sexy man :drool::drool::drool:

The night we took Graham to the club was the funniest ever. It was all about his reactions, the shock, the fear and threat he clearly felt to his masculinity. Think that was the only time I ever saw him unsure of himself. I often went to the club with a group of friends it was good fun. Blokes all seemed to be such good dancers.

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 12:30 AM

What kind of mini ? Cooper or S ? You'll have to put up some pics of it when you take delivery. A new car is always exciting. Congratulations :thumbs up::clap::clap:

audrey
21st February 2010, 12:36 AM

Hi don't think anyone would mistake you for a man. As for me posting a pic not a clue what to do

audrey
21st February 2010, 12:38 AM

Hi Stevie Good Luck with the new car and welcome to our thread

audrey
21st February 2010, 12:41 AM

Hi Martin God knows I need all the help I can get LOL

audrey
21st February 2010, 12:44 AM

Hi Sheilz we don't have any snow in Glasgow at all but it is freezing cold.How's your ankle now been out driving yet?

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 01:03 AM
Hi Sheilz we don't have any snow in Glasgow at all but it is freezing cold.How's your ankle now been out driving yet?

Thank you for asking. Its still in a cast so haven't been driving yet. Got hosp next week so would be nice to be cast-free. Ankle still hurts when walking so not sure what will happen. Once I get back to work the posting will drop away. Will have been off work for six weeks at end of month so will have soooooooo much work to catch up with. Also major reshuffle at work with all the SWs having to state which part of children's services we want to work in so all that going on next month. I want to move to the childrens hosp but not guaranteed anything. Field work is hard and stressful, got to be one of the most unappreciated jobs out there so I imagine theres going to be a lot of people stampeding from it for not enough posts elsewhere. Am hoping my nursing background might stand me in good stead but the workers already in those posts wont be giving up without a fight and who could blame them. You'd have to be seriously deficient to want to do my job sadly you dont know it till its too late.

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 01:06 AM
Ive just noticed my sig thingy is back :confused: It disappeared for a while. I suppose I should change it now that specy is gone :sad: Maybe I could just add Dougall to it rather than replace the wee fella altogether :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
21st February 2010, 01:18 AM
Strange the photo I was going to copy was on the snow thread but none of Andy's photos will open.

Fixed.:thumbs up:

But proceed with caution on copying the pink boots pic, or sexual favours may be withdrawn again.:laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
21st February 2010, 01:27 AM
In fact, here's one of the both of us. Saves the pink boots pic being posted again.:frown:

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/fun_stuff/me_and_lenore_reduced.jpg

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 04:28 AM
Fixed.:thumbs up:

But proceed with caution on copying the pink boots pic, or sexual favours may be withdrawn again.:laugh:

My goodness, she surely drive a hard bargain. it could be easy enough to replace you with a wee bit plastic and bit battery :hand: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mini Ecosse
21st February 2010, 07:22 AM
It could be easy enough to replace you with a wee bit plastic and bit battery :hand: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:lol::lol::lol:

Stephen

LightningStevie
21st February 2010, 09:41 AM
Hi Stevie Good Luck with the new car and welcome to our thread

What kind of mini ? Cooper or S ? You'll have to put up some pics of it when you take delivery. A new car is always exciting. Congratulations :thumbs up::clap::clap:

CHeers Ladies! Getting a 56 plate Cooper with Chilli pack. Blue leather interior with the blue on dash as well. Will post up pics when I can

He's handsome. Still not got anyone to topple George :drool::drool:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI3OTIxMDIyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI5NTYyMQ@@._ V1._SX100_SY140_.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/rg/action-box-name/headshot/media/rm179477760/nm0000148)

though this bloke is a serious rival. Harrison Ford is a very sexy man :drool::drool::drool:

The night we took Graham to the club was the funniest ever. It was all about his reactions, the shock, the fear and threat he clearly felt to his masculinity. Think that was the only time I ever saw him unsure of himself. I often went to the club with a group of friends it was good fun. Blokes all seemed to be such good dancers.

I like Harrison Ford more than I do George lol

And trust me, I ain't a good dancer, its just a rumour that all gay guys can dance hahaha

camjay
21st February 2010, 10:02 AM

Oh Yeh! He is sexy as...!

camjay
21st February 2010, 10:04 AM

Of course you can Martin - you're very welcome. This is a daft question, but I think you might have been standing in front of me in the queue at the cafe beside your mum's work! Are you tall, and have some tattoos, and piercings?

LightningStevie
21st February 2010, 10:08 AM
You'll have to put up some pics of it when you take delivery. A new car is always exciting

Posted some on this thread, hope they worked

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?19698-Hello-from-Edinburgh!-Buying-advice-please-)&p=237697&posted=1#post237697

camjay
21st February 2010, 10:14 AM
Stevie, its lovely! You and your partner will love everything about it, theyr'e not without their little niggles, but they're fab cars! I've posted this before, but I had one of the first generation in 2002, but had to get rid due to babies! It was one of the saddest days of my life (I know its only a car), but as soon as Jay didn't need a pram, I was back to my mini again! Love them with a passion! x

camjay
21st February 2010, 10:15 AM
In fact, here's one of the both of us. Saves the pink boots pic being posted again.:frown:

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/fun_stuff/me_and_lenore_reduced.jpg

That's a lovely picture :thumbs up:

LightningStevie
21st February 2010, 10:17 AM
Aww thanks! I know its gonna be fun! We've both had smarts in one form or another for about 6 years. Its how we met actually! So its going to be weird not owning one at all eek! As for niggles, trust me, owning a smart makes me used to niggly faults, they are terrible. But, for some reason I love them. Just waiting to hear about finance, there was seemingly a massive queue for the finance (we were number 59 in the queue to be approved) should hear tomorrow. Can't see their being any problems though, and if not, we should collect him on Tuesday! Soooooo excited!

camjay
21st February 2010, 10:24 AM
A bit of advice guys! Went to visit my family in Dundee yesterday to discover my young brother eloped to Vegas and got hitched! My new sister-in-law isn't getting away without a hen night/weekend. Any suggestions whats hot and whats not! Me and her mum are to arrange it! Ta xx (PS her mum is fairly young and enjoys a good night out, so it doesn't have to be too sedate!)

LightningStevie
21st February 2010, 12:11 PM
Where would you want to go out? Dundee or somewhere else?

Scottie
21st February 2010, 12:39 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/dycecooper/DSC01644.jpg

Fiona

got Allan to take a pic this morning while out walking with the dogs not the best sun was in my eyes and I had a hat head going on but what the hell here you go.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Library-4189.jpg

Gismo
21st February 2010, 01:07 PM
Doing well Fi, keep up the good work :thumbs up:

You coulda smiled though :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
21st February 2010, 01:21 PM
Some difference there Fi, you must feel a shed load better for that weight loss. Well done!:clap:

Fartin Martin
21st February 2010, 01:30 PM
Of course you can Martin - you're very welcome. This is a daft question, but I think you might have been standing in front of me in the queue at the cafe beside your mum's work! Are you tall, and have some tattoos, and piercings?

Ha ha..sounds pretty much like me!:lol:..even if I do sound abit mental for having piercings and tattoos..got an M on my right side of my neck and the middle of my neck pierced and my ear!..so not as crazy as it sounds!

You know something, when I seen your pic I thought I recognized your face!..when was it you seen me?..think your deffo following me now!:lol: ha

Fartin Martin
21st February 2010, 01:38 PM
A bit of advice guys! Went to visit my family in Dundee yesterday to discover my young brother eloped to Vegas and got hitched! My new sister-in-law isn't getting away without a hen night/weekend. Any suggestions whats hot and whats not! Me and her mum are to arrange it! Ta xx (PS her mum is fairly young and enjoys a good night out, so it doesn't have to be too sedate!)

Don't do tacky..like i.e wearing matching crazy tshirts and wigs made out of poly bags!:lol:..after workin in glasgow city centre for 3 years now at the weekends..I've seen a fair few horror stories! ha..and it aint pretty!:p

what I would do..and its a fab night!..is if you fancy doing it in glasgow, well yous could hit Tiger Tiger..they do like a ****tail Night and yous all get a chance to make ****tails too..with the barman showing you what to do..and everyone gets to see your "****tail face"..which is the face you make when your shaking a ****tail..and also the face you make during sex!!!!:lol:..I nearly dies when I was doing my ****tail training for G1 lol..think possibly a few G1 units also do this too, if you want I can get some info for you, a good few of my friends are managers in these places such as November Cafe and the new Hummingbird on Bath St if you know it?

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 03:15 PM
got Allan to take a pic this morning while out walking with the dogs not the best sun was in my eyes and I had a hat head going on but what the hell here you go.

You've lost heaps of weight. Well done. Nice place for a Sunday stroll.

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 03:20 PM
Posted some on this thread, hope they worked

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?19698-Hello-from-Edinburgh!-Buying-advice-please-)&p=237697&posted=1#post237697

The mini looks remarkably sedate compared to your smart, It looks quite fun and funky. That's a very handsome little mini though. You will love it :thumbs up::clap::clap:

Sheilz
21st February 2010, 03:32 PM

Congratulations to your bro. Will have saved themselves an absolute fortune not forking out for a trad Scottish wedding. When Dani got married we had a weekend in Glasgow with loads of pampering and night out on the town. When son got married his wife chose to have an eighties night in Aberdeen with some crazy golf and then to a place for food and drinks. Eek I took the eighties theme quite seriously and decided on a HIlda Ogden theme. Was well disguised though, or so I thought, but once the party moved out into the pubs first one we went to someone I normally meet in formal meetings grabbed my arm to say hello. I'd felt quite smug thinking no way anyone would recognise me so was one of thsoe 'O sh*t' moments.
Suppose one of the things to remember about hennies is to make sure its affordable for the folk you'd want to be there. I say that minding how much Dani's one cost

LightningStevie
21st February 2010, 06:36 PM
The mini looks remarkably sedate compared to your smart, It looks quite fun and funky. That's a very handsome little mini though. You will love it :thumbs up::clap::clap:

It is yeah, but its good a good spec so thats why I loved it. Would never have went for blue, but I really like it! The smart stands out at the best of times, even more so when I got the paint splashes. Mind you, I doubt the Mini will stay that way though. Andy, my other half, hadn't seen it, so popped up to garage and had a look. And now he's found the accessory book and wants some decals from it....

Fartin Martin
21st February 2010, 06:44 PM
It is yeah, but its good a good spec so thats why I loved it. Would never have went for blue, but I really like it! The smart stands out at the best of times, even more so when I got the paint splashes. Mind you, I doubt the Mini will stay that way though. Andy, my other half, hadn't seen it, so popped up to garage and had a look. And now he's found the accessory book and wants some decals from it....

its a slippery slope when you start modding!..im desperate to start, just need to get the cash first!:p

Scottie
21st February 2010, 06:47 PM
we have a wee smart at work it's been wrapped with our branding. Milk.

camjay
21st February 2010, 06:48 PM
Ha ha..sounds pretty much like me!:lol:..even if I do sound abit mental for having piercings and tattoos..got an M on my right side of my neck and the middle of my neck pierced and my ear!..so not as crazy as it sounds!

You know something, when I seen your pic I thought I recognized your face!..when was it you seen me?..think your deffo following me now!:lol: ha

Hi It was definately you. I was in with my workmates having lunch and we were standing behind you waiting to pay and I saw your neck peircing and thought it was unusual! Hey, it's not a crime, I've got piercings and a couple of tats as well! x Your very own stalker aye right. :clap:

Ps I put an ok pic up, usually much rougher going to work LOL!!

camjay
21st February 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the advice on the hen night. I was thinking Glasgow,know it like the back of my hand, but the girls were thinking abroad. Its all very rushed, and I think abroad is too expensive and too ambitious! I'm going to push the Glasgow thing though. The ****tail night sounds good!

Wow, Fiona you've lost shedloads of weight, well done! How did you do it? I'm trying my best and am great during the week but struggling at the weekend. I really need to up the excercise, I've started Zumba which is aerobics type dance and Pole-Dance fitness (which is bloody hard and an art form - these girls are super fit, that's how I'm able to wear the high shoes)! But I just love my food, especially crisps! I used to be slim when I was young, but now in my forties I'm struggling big style!

Fartin Martin
21st February 2010, 06:57 PM
Hi It was definately you. I was in with my workmates having lunch and we were standing behind you waiting to pay and I saw your neck peircing and thought it was unusual! Hey, it's not a crime, I've got piercings and a couple of tats as well! x Your very own stalker aye right. :clap:

Ps I put an ok pic up, usually much rougher going to work LOL!!

ha..well gees a wee tap on the shoulder next time!;)

just out of noseyness..was a what you thought I may have looked like? lol...cos most folk on here I have a rough idea of what I imagin what they look like..and then sometimes when you see them your like..oh..your different to what I thought!:lol: ha ha

and your not what I imagined at first cos like most on here thought you where a dude..then aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago..i realised that yoe weren't :lol:

camjay
21st February 2010, 07:03 PM
Martin, You probably weren't far off what i thought you would look like, but I'm not one for judging the way people look. My husband is very tall, heavily tattood and has really short hair, drives a skyline and might look intimidating to some people, but he's the nicest, laid back guy!

I know, why do people think I'm a man! Its probably the CAMJAY thing, probably quite masculine. Its actally a combination of my 2 kids names. My name is Norma which is totally hideous - much prefer the Camjay!!

Scottie
21st February 2010, 07:12 PM
Wow, Fiona you've lost shedloads of weight, well done! How did you do it? I'm trying my best and am great during the week but struggling at the weekend. I really need to up the excercise, I've started Zumba which is aerobics type dance and Pole-Dance fitness (which is bloody hard and an art form - these girls are super fit, that's how I'm able to wear the high shoes)! But I just love my food, especially crisps! I used to be slim when I was young, but now in my forties I'm struggling big style!

on the excercise front I do what I enjoy and that's walking my dogs every evening and every weekend: cycling I have a 5 mile route stick to that do it 5 nights = 25 miles a week. Soon to start back swimming. As for eating well that all came about because I am now diabetic so I have to loose the weight so my diet has changed completely I have to say it's changed for the better.

Fartin Martin
21st February 2010, 07:15 PM
Martin, You probably weren't far off what i thought you would look like, but I'm not one for judging the way people look. My husband is very tall, heavily tattood and has really short hair, drives a skyline and might look intimidating to some people, but he's the nicest, laid back guy!

I know, why do people think I'm a man! Its probably the CAMJAY thing, probably quite masculine. Its actally a combination of my 2 kids names. My name is Norma which is totally hideous - much prefer the Camjay!!

lol..there should be a page where you have to post a pic when you join up so theres not this confusion!:p

yeah a think it is CAMJAY, and ur pic too..but I think we all know now!;)..and Norma aint that bad really..but like you..me no like my name either!lol

camjay
21st February 2010, 07:17 PM
on the excercise front I do what I enjoy and that's walking my dogs every evening and every weekend: cycling I have a 5 mile route stick to that do it 5 nights = 25 miles a week. Soon to start back swimming. As for eating well that all came about because I am now diabetic so I have to loose the weight so my diet has changed completely I have to say it's changed for the better.

Sorry about the diabetes, but as you know, its a managable condition and your doing the right things. I actually love walking but in winter I seem to hibernate! I need to get my butt in gear! My husband bought me a bike not long ago! I took one of my kids to Center Parcs last year and he begged me to hire bikes - it nearly killed me! I really need to build up my stamina!

audrey
21st February 2010, 11:55 PM

Well Done you look like a different person WOW no wonder you are well chuffed you should be

audrey
22nd February 2010, 12:02 AM

Like you I hate my name too. About the hen night thing agree with Martin the tacky t-shirts BIG NO NO. Went to a hen night last year spent a fortune on an outfit when I got there was handed a big baggy t-shirt with the bride to be pic on it and to make it worse we had to pay for them wasn't happy at all.Congrats to your brother BTW

Scottie
26th February 2010, 09:00 PM
well I bought that tiffany ring arrived today really happy with it going to have a wee look now for a bracelet.

Nails get topped up tomorrow £27:argh:

I thinking of getting some blue nail varnish so I can go a wee bit longer between top up's what coulur would you choose.

Sheilz
26th February 2010, 09:56 PM
well I bought that tiffany ring arrived today really happy with it going to have a wee look now for a bracelet.

I thinking of getting some blue nail varnish so I can go a wee bit longer between top up's what coulur would you choose.

If i want my nails to last longer i go for natural colours so that chips are less noticeable. Glad you like the ring, once you get the bracelet you'll have to put up pics :thumbs up:

audrey
26th February 2010, 11:24 PM

Glad you liked the ring matching bracelet would be nice. I have a blue nail polish I use often its Ruby & Millie its a dark colour but I love it. At the bottom of the bottle it just says Blue 620C you will get it in Boots. Only thing is I would use a top coat with it as it does chip quite easily.

camjay
27th February 2010, 12:14 PM

Ooooo I really like that ring - lovely. Haven't got nails so am never good with nail varnish. Am brill with make-up, but could never master varnish at all. I'm a fan of natural nails to be honest, but I quite like the trend for the really dark, almost black colours!

Gismo
27th February 2010, 01:16 PM
Wanders in for a looky, cringes, runs and hides :Whistle:

camjay
27th February 2010, 04:13 PM
To All Straight, male Members of NMS - What part of "ladies only thread" do you guys not understand!!!!

:lol::moonie::hand:

Scottie
27th February 2010, 05:52 PM
Ooooo I really like that ring - lovely. Haven't got nails so am never good with nail varnish. Am brill with make-up, but could never master varnish at all. I'm a fan of natural nails to be honest, but I quite like the trend for the really dark, almost black colours!

I am not a make up kinda girl never wear the stuff unless I have something really special on and then I get a professional to do it.

After summer I'll have a couple months without the gel nails and then I will get coloured one maybe go for a brown I think.

Scottie
27th February 2010, 05:55 PM
My next thing is my hair (Fartin Martin) may help with this one.

Got a gift of a voucher for my hairdresser so I'm thinking highlights now in the past I've always went with the blonde type highlights but now that I'm reaching 47 and my greys are getting more and more I was thinking that I fancy silver highlights ??!! thoughts opinions suggestions. Keep in mind that my hair only ever gets brushed when it gets cut I do nothing to my hair wash it and go.

Sheilz
27th February 2010, 07:13 PM
I once got my make up done professionally and couldnt get home quick enough to wash it off. Only ever do my own but prefer it when it looks like I've not got any on when I have make up on most days. Cannae stand seeing young lassies wearing so much makeup they have a ledge around their faces not just a rim.

Silver highlights would be quite cool though would they not be inclined to make you look older. Though last time I was in the hairdressers I noticed one of the young lassies had her hair dyed grey but a funky grey rather than old wifies grey. I notice the odd grey hair creeping in but not enough to merit covering it up. Funny my two older sisters were both grey in their early thirties but me and my twin have held onto our natural colour for about twenty years longer than they did.

Sheilz
27th February 2010, 07:15 PM
Wanders in for a looky, cringes, runs and hides :Whistle:

nosey git :hand::laugh::laugh::laugh:

camjay
28th February 2010, 02:01 AM
Just got in from a night out so drunk posting! Re the hair thing. What age do you think women should get their hair cut? I'm thinking I should maybe think about getting my hair cut. Am almost 41 (EEEK!) but still have long hair. Despite my age, I still love fashion and don't feel any different from when I was in my twenties and my friends say it looks fine, but I wonder, is it time to get it lopped off????

Fartin Martin
28th February 2010, 05:00 AM
Just got in from a night out so drunk posting! Re the hair thing. What age do you think women should get their hair cut? I'm thinking I should maybe think about getting my hair cut. Am almost 41 (EEEK!) but still have long hair. Despite my age, I still love fashion and don't feel any different from when I was in my twenties and my friends say it looks fine, but I wonder, is it time to get it lopped off????

No no no no!! There's no specific age where you should have your hair short!..I have alot of clients that are older that have long hair..it's a total personal thing tbh ;) So carry on as you are :D

LightningStevie
28th February 2010, 11:02 AM
YAY! Drunk postings! lol

Agree with Martin, if you have long hair, keep it! In work there used to be a lady with shoulder length mousy brown hair and she really suited it. Couldn't imagine her with short hair, and she was about early 50's.

camjay
28th February 2010, 11:08 AM
Hungover.....but cheers guys, will do. xx

LightningStevie
28th February 2010, 11:18 AM
Aww happy hangover! Do what I do, go to sofa with the duvet, switch on TV, and don't move from there until its bed time.

Or just go back out of the lash lol

camjay
28th February 2010, 01:40 PM
Still in my jammy's. Had a shower, a bottle of diet irn bru and 3 (yes 3) tunnocks teacakes! Feeling tickety boo! Doing nothing today - about to lie on the settee and watch the Old Firm. Don't care who wins though! (I'm a Dundee fan) :thumbs up:

Sheilz
1st March 2010, 02:00 AM
Agree with the guys about your hair. Your age is irrelevant and so what if you still like fashion. I was 46 when I got my hair streaked with pink, purple, blue, raspberry and all shades in between using the fudge colour range, a bit pink here, blue there, flash of purple etc etc. It was really cool, the kids at school loved it and best bit was mixing colours to make unusual colours so that when colour looked like it was fading I just topped it up quite randomly so that my hair was different from week to week. Catriona still asks me to colour my hair blue as that was her favourite. When I first went on an NMS run my hair was pink and purple. Was only when I changed my job to a more formal setting that I let my natural colour come through. Didn't think the old foggies on children's panels were ready for sw with punky hair colour.

LightningStevie
1st March 2010, 09:01 AM
We need a photo of your very cool sounding hair!

audrey
1st March 2010, 11:56 PM
We need a photo of your very cool sounding hair!

Agree with Stevie show us a pic sounds fab

Sheilz
2nd March 2010, 08:00 PM
I don't think I have any. I'm the one that lurks at the back of photoshoots! Will have a look through some discs to see if I have any.

Sheilz
2nd March 2010, 10:07 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs482.ash1/26379_1099704749954_1746720627_197525_4634129_s.jp g

A bit muted but you get the idea. Think had blue, raspberry and purple round the back.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs502.snc3/26379_1099704789955_1746720627_197526_3785645_s.jp g

A bit more conventional colouring after starting my current job.

On day of interview had a real panic as still had pink and purple in my hair. Thought to myself there was no way I'd ever get a job with it so attacked my head with a set of clippers we kept for clipping pets. Made a frightful mess, really dreadful so had to find an emergency hairdresser to tidy it up as best as they could to hide the howks. Lied through my back teeth that it had been done under influence of alcohol. Couldn't admit to being idiotic while sober. I do mind the haircut, despite a slavage job, attracting curious stares. Probably got the job out of pity :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LightningStevie
2nd March 2010, 10:11 PM
from what I can see looks rather cool! And I'm sure you got the job through your skills and suitability for it :)

audrey
2nd March 2010, 11:34 PM
Looks :cool: I would never have the nerve to do something like that but it suited you :thumbs up:

As for using clippers on it :hand: No wonder you told the hairdresser you were drunk she might have thought you were mad :lol:

camjay
3rd March 2010, 06:30 PM
Shopping in Glasgow today.. depressed myself. Any ideas how to lose 2 stones in 2 months (without resorting to an eating disorder) Oh, and any tips on how to make your ankles slimmer!:frown:

Scottie
3rd March 2010, 07:55 PM
how whats wrong with your ankles. Pictures required??

2 stones in 2 months now that's difficult will power and major exercise. The odd tummy bug would help also

camjay
3rd March 2010, 08:52 PM
For ankles read "cankles"! I wouldn't dare show a picture of my mine - put everyone off their dinner! Was out walking yesterday and today. Zumba fitness tomorrow! Back to pole dance fitness next week (was off due to shoulder injury)! You're doing great Fiona. How long has it taken you to get the weight off and how much have you lost again?

Scottie
3rd March 2010, 09:20 PM
I started watching what I ate last March 2009 and lost some weight. However since December I've lost just over a stone cracking on with it now. it's great when people I've not seen for a while are starting to notice like the women who cuts the dogs was saying to me today then again the hairdresser tonight noticed really gives me a lift. I never used to be over weight until about the age of 35 then it went on me jings my life style when I stayed up north was awful.

camjay
13th March 2010, 09:58 AM
Has anyone been watching Pineapple Dance Studios (sky 1)? Utterly, utterly mental!

Scottie
13th March 2010, 08:16 PM
Sorry don't watch it.

Any Desperate Housewife fans on here??

audrey
13th March 2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry don't watch it.

Any Desperate Housewife fans on here??

Love this. Who do you think strangled Julie?

audrey
13th March 2010, 11:30 PM
Has anyone been watching Pineapple Dance Studios (sky 1)? Utterly, utterly mental!

Never seen this. Did anyone watch the sport relief dance final tonight?

Scottie
13th March 2010, 11:49 PM
Love this. Who do you think strangled Julie?

I watch it on E4 Sunday night. I think I know who done it!!!

Sheilz
14th March 2010, 02:59 AM
I missed the dance thingy was too busy doing a jigsaw. No end to the excitement of a Sat night in my house :blush::laugh:

camjay
21st March 2010, 11:11 AM
Went to see The Bounty Hunter last night. :popcorn: Anyone seen it? I was disappointed, it was pretty average, but at least Gerry get his top off! Every cloud..............:drool:

Bumble
21st March 2010, 12:10 PM
Look Fi ... I posted in the ladies only thread.

audrey
21st March 2010, 11:47 PM
I watch it on E4 Sunday night. I think I know who done it!!!

Do you think it was Nick or is that too obvious.

Scottie
21st March 2010, 11:49 PM
Look Fi ... I posted in the ladies only thread.
:thumbs up::smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
21st March 2010, 11:51 PM
Do you think it was Nick or is that too obvious.

not sure I know that family go out at the end of this season linked to John Barrowmans arrival.