PDA

View Full Version : Mini Clan Rabbie's Run - 14th February 2010

GP BILLY
12th February 2010, 02:48 PM
For the first run of the year we have decided to have a run celebrating Valentines day & Robert Burns Birthday (25th Jan) As Rabbie was a well known Scottish lothario we have came up with a run into deepest Burns country.
Why not come along and join us kick of the 2010 calendar, we might even stop off for some haggis, neeps n tatties.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/9049/Copyof2284532072_67ece6be85.jpg

“But, If ye wish her grateful prayer, Gie her a Haggis”.

It may be a wee bit chilly for your kilt but as its the month for love, show your love for our national treasure and show us your tartan!

The Meeting point will be McDonalds, East Kilbride (Queensway). Postcode for Sat Nav G74 5NY

Meet for 10 am for a 10 30 kick off

All welcome members........... non members

The clan welcomes new minis:thumbs up: I will be there in the GP

Crombers
14th February 2010, 09:34 PM
I'm all for supporting the Clan but why such little notice ??????

Craig
14th February 2010, 09:46 PM
I completely missed this, oh well, hope it was a good run. The weather wasn't the best today. It got better as the day went on. :thumbs up:

baptie
14th February 2010, 11:50 PM
As part of the Events Team for the MiniClan We don't usualy post up runs on forums.
Non members can join the forum but non member status indicates no runs/shows.
Part of memebership £12 annual gets:
Full access to forum
Monthly Newsletter - detailing up and coming runs/shows/events
Entry to shows/events
any members discounts

As part of the membership is access to events calender this is kind of a perk for all members (100 as of January 1st)

We thought as it was the delayed first run of the year it would be an idea to ask about if anyone was interested.

The timing of the post was not meant to cause offence or deter anyone from coming along.

As above, cold, wet but was a great run.
11 Classics, 5 MINI's, 1 Passat and 1 Polo went from EK down all the 'B' roads to the Burns heritage Centre.

MiniClan Flickr Group - Rabbies Run (http://www.flickr.com/groups/rabbies_run/)

Scottie
15th February 2010, 12:10 AM
not this old chestnut. Can we all not just call a spade a spade and be honest here. Most of the members of the mini clan and owners of the older style mini do not welcome the newer style mini or their owners company and that's a fact, Yes I know the "Mini Clan" and not all owners are like that, but most are it's just the way things are . So why bother dragging it all up let it be the end.

GP BILLY
15th February 2010, 10:17 AM
not this old chestnut. Can we all not just call a spade a spade and be honest here. Most of the members of the mini clan and owners of the older style mini do not welcome the newer style mini or their owners company and that's a fact, Yes I know the "Mini Clan" and not all owners are like that, but most are it's just the way things are . So why bother dragging it all up let it be the end.

Why say something like that when you were not even there !!!

On the run yesterday there were
12 classic minis
5 MINIs
1 vw passat
and a vw polo

I think I am right in saying every member on the miniclan committie has or has had a NEW MINI (times change) as do
peoples thinking. Sure there is allways an *rsehole who says something out of place (you will have them on here)

if you turn up for a run thinking as you do, you will find fault in something wether it be someone's attitude or the way
that someone looks at you. Don't judge a club by some past event you wouldn't like NEWMINISCOTLAND to be juged
on something that happen a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago......

Crombers
15th February 2010, 02:32 PM
Still waiting for the 'notice' bit ?????????????????

Forbes
15th February 2010, 02:52 PM
Why say something like that when you were not even there !!!

On the run yesterday there were
12 classic minis
5 MINIs
1 vw passat
and a vw polo

I think the cars that turned up show it all, you always get idiots you try and ruin it. Just a shame there wasn't greater notice