PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Kit

k3ith
11th February 2010, 11:44 PM
Looking at dropping the Cooper when it arrives and I have been looking at the Eibach pro-kit which drops the car by 30mm has anyone got these fitted and can recommend them, how do they interact with the standard dampers, also would I be able to fit 17" alloys with them or would I have issues and be better with 16".
I have used Eibach before on a MKII Leon FR but they didn't drop the car by the stated amount it was more like 15mm front and 10mm rear
Or can anyone recommend another Brand and a decent garage in the Edinburgh area who know what they are doing.:thumbs up:

Craig
11th February 2010, 11:47 PM
Eibachs do get a great rep for the MINI. Think some have used them before on here. As for Garages, if you fancy going to Knockhill, I am sure Craig Noble will look after you and he certainly knows what he's doing. (C.Noble on here). I am looking at putting them on my car sometime soon. :clap:

Forbes
11th February 2010, 11:49 PM
17s are fine. I believe Ryan had these on his one no issues. Might need slightly lower offsets, though think you will be fine with the OEM wheels

Ivano
12th February 2010, 12:12 AM
I had Eibachs on one of my MINIs a few years back and they are excellent.. And yes you are right about the ride heights i would say they only bring the car down around 20mm even though they state 30mm. Mine was only down around 20mm.

I run KW springs and are they are good too. Eibach and KW are part of the same company, but the KW will be true to the ride height. I have the 35mm variants on my current car and it sits so much lower that when i had Eibachs...

Big Gordy
14th February 2010, 07:34 PM
I have Eibachs on our ONE and they're excellent but your right they don't seem to drop it as far as they state....although they settle down a bit after a few months. Rear looks great but the front could do with 10 -15mm more drop I recon:p No issues with standard shocks or 17 / 18" wheel / tyre combo:thumbs up:Fourth set of Eibachs I've used so far (XR2, Mondeo Si, MG ZR and Mini) and they're top quality:yes nod: