PDA

View Full Version : PM system

Forbes
11th February 2010, 12:13 AM
Is there a problem with this system since the change over as I have had a few problems recently sending PMs and not being allowed, maybe folk just don't like me.

For example I had to add Greig as a friend to send a PM.

Notice in one of the current For Sale threads others are having problems

GCA3N
11th February 2010, 05:44 AM
I was going to ask this too ben is there a setting to change or something.

stoney
11th February 2010, 09:14 AM
you may have it set so only friends and mod's can pm you have a look at your set up in your profile bit

Gismo
11th February 2010, 12:05 PM
you may have it set so only friends and mod's can pm you have a look at your set up in your profile bitWhat the speedy man says :thumbs up:

Forbes
11th February 2010, 04:13 PM
you may have it set so only friends and mod's can pm you have a look at your set up in your profile bit

What the speedy man says :thumbs up:
THat I know I haven't had any problems, just contacting others. Maybe they just changed their settings:confused:

bry_mini
11th February 2010, 05:30 PM
Yep i didnt realise i had ticked friends and mods only box, waiting on a reply to see if it works now i de-ticked it lol

GCA3N
12th February 2010, 07:19 AM
oops did not know that box was ticked anyway sorted it now so goodness knows what riff raff will be emailing me now, oh thats right Baz is a friend anyway. :p

Gismo
12th February 2010, 08:00 AM
Yep i didnt realise i had ticked friends and mods only box, waiting on a reply to see if it works now i de-ticked it lol

oops did not know that box was ticked anyway sorted it now so goodness knows what riff raff will be emailing me now, oh thats right Baz is a friend anyway. :p:Whistle:

Forbes
12th February 2010, 10:14 AM
:Whistle:
But I only noticed this when we changed to the new software that was my point, did the new software change these settings?

Gismo
12th February 2010, 10:53 AM
But I only noticed this when we changed to the new software that was my point, did the new software change these settings?Yes, it's the default setting for vBulletin