PDA

View Full Version : Swine!

camjay
10th February 2010, 06:25 PM
Some swine in a lorry overtook me today on the M74. Down to 2 lanes due to the new M74 extention, so he was quite close to me. Heard a big bang and when I checked, I've a big chip on the roof - git! Its sooooo annoying! :argh:

KenL
10th February 2010, 06:28 PM
That sort of thing is SO annoying!

Will you be able to touch it up OK?

stoney
10th February 2010, 07:37 PM
thats a shame it a real pain when that happens

Delboy
10th February 2010, 08:08 PM
What a bummer. I got the same on my Clubbie roof last year - all I was able to do was seal it with touch-up paint.

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2010, 08:32 PM
Such a pain when that happens.... the perils of motoring.

Same happened to us on the way down to Oxford two years ago. It left a nasty dent, and several chips right on our MINI's forehead. Then spent a few weeks of painting in, rubbing down, machine polishing up, painting in, rubbing down, machine polishing up, paint..... rinse repeat. For a few weeks, just to get the levels back up to take the dent out (dentmaster no use because of the location of the dent). Was worth it though, because you'd hardly know there was anything there before.

A.

GCA3N
10th February 2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear that dude, I got two coming home last trip so annoying. Infact gonna have to get David to order me a touch up paint.

Stewart
10th February 2010, 10:27 PM
Sorry to read that there, after a Truck kicked up a stone and hit my screen I’ve been a bit wary of them and try not to sit behind anything like that now.

That was the only consolation to the screen getting it, that it was not the body work as with the horrendous bang I’m sure it would have dented.

camjay
10th February 2010, 11:01 PM
Cheers guys. It happened to me only a couple of months after I got this car - massive dent in the bonnet. I thought I needed a new one, but they were able to repair it. Its just a pain. This time though, although it's quite small, its pretty deep but I'll try and and patch it up the best I can! Usually keep a distance but this guy was on a mission and nothing was keeping him back!