PDA

View Full Version : Cyliinder Head Porting and Polishing

stoney
10th February 2010, 01:13 PM
Ok I have picked up a full standard head for the mini cooper s at a very good price with del miles only was taken off for a jcw kit as I am takin the rockers off it

I was wondering if any one knows of a good place that can Port and Polish to a better standard than the jcw one ::-):

thanx stoney

Gismo
10th February 2010, 01:22 PM
GTT did mine and i'm sure they would do yours on an exchange basis

stoney
10th February 2010, 01:35 PM
Will give them a phone :-)

MartinSullivan
10th February 2010, 09:35 PM
I have a ported and polished head sat in my garage, sure I could sell you it for less than GTT would charge you even for an exchange. Was a delivery mileage head and the work was done by Headworx.

Forbes
10th February 2010, 09:37 PM
I have a ported and polished head sat in my garage, sure I could sell you it for less than GTT would charge you even for an exchange. Was a delivery mileage head and the work was done by Headworx.
He lives! Any other parts?:D for Just-a-Cooper

MartinSullivan
10th February 2010, 09:39 PM
Lol you could put an S head on Just-A-Cooper ;)

Got a GTT lower strut brace, and a few set of wheels in need of refurb and thats about it, most of the stuff went with the car Im afraid

Forbes
10th February 2010, 09:40 PM
Lol you could put an S head on Just-A-Cooper ;)

Got a GTT lower strut brace, and a few set of wheels in need of refurb and thats about it, most of the stuff went with the car Im afraid

Photos of wheels, if they are for sale. PM would be good

MartinSullivan
10th February 2010, 09:50 PM
Its cold and dark out there, there is a set of dares, one slightly buckled but could be repaired by the likes of Motorworx and there is at least one other set, Ill have a look tomorrow

markycoopers
11th February 2010, 11:21 PM

how much for the head??

MartinSullivan
12th February 2010, 06:12 PM
I would be looking for about 300 quid for the head, Stoney has first dibs on it just now but nothing confirmed

stoney
12th February 2010, 08:33 PM
pm back at ya