PDA

View Full Version : Away to sell my Cooper S

bazzaric
8th February 2010, 11:49 PM
A new family on the way and a lack of funds forces the sale of my car, but not got a clue what it has or how much it's worth.

It's a dark Silver 53 plate Cooper S and I think it has the 'chilli' pack and air con. 49000 miles and funcy rear lights from newministuff but standard everything else.

Anyone with a good valuation? I'm thinking pistonheads or somewhere to sell. No whole cars seem to sell here so would rather get advice!

PS. Thinking about getting a motorbike as main vehicle, crappy car as the work vehicle (just to make Gismo happy!)

bazzaric
8th February 2010, 11:53 PM
Also got a house in Portlethen sell if anyone's interested!!

Forbes
8th February 2010, 11:58 PM
These seem to be going around £6.5k-8k, just the market just now. Clean car with the history helps - being standard should help aswell

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 12:04 AM
These seem to be going around £6.5k-8k, just the market just now. Clean car with the history helps - being standard should help aswell

Like ben says, bottom end quite high though seen these going for as little as 5.5k The thing is so much can vary price. If I were you go online and get a Personal valuation for it so to know where to aim value wise. Hope you get it sold ok.

Craig
9th February 2010, 12:07 AM
With it being pre-facelift, you will be looking at the lower level price wise. I would say anywhere between £5.5k and £6.5k, and as Ben has said, if it is std, it will attract more buyers, also if it is clean and is pretty much perfect in condition, then it should sell well.. :thumbs up:

Best of luck with the sale :clap: Why not thro the car in with the house sale (with an adjustment in price of the house obviously) ;)

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 12:11 AM
With it being pre-facelift, you will be looking at the lower level price wise. I would say anywhere between £5.5k and £6.5k, and as Ben has said, if it is std, it will attract more buyers, also if it is clean and is pretty much perfect in condition, then it should sell well.. :thumbs up:

Best of luck with the sale :clap: Why not thro the car in with the house sale (with an adjustment in price of the house obviously) ;)

There's an idea.

Forbes
9th February 2010, 12:14 AM
I think it can fetch a wee bith more than you think due to the chilli pack and low mileage, for the age - and it has a large market

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 12:41 AM
I think it can fetch a wee bith more than you think due to the chilli pack and low mileage, for the age - and it has a large market

You could well be right ben.

bazzaric
9th February 2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks Guys. I've worked out I really need to either sell for £7k or put up with the limited access to the back seats. The finance is the killer!!

It looks good in the parking space for the house, so might actually help with the house sale!

Fartin Martin
9th February 2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks Guys. I've worked out I really need to either sell for £7k or put up with the limited access to the back seats. The finance is the killer!!

It looks good in the parking space for the house, so might actually help with the house sale!

its has been done before, plenty of folk have kids and a mini!:D

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 08:40 PM
its has been done before, plenty of folk have kids and a mini!:D

Kids and minis are managable it's babies and minis that's the struggle I mean it just doesn't take a pram or push chair.

Forbes
9th February 2010, 08:52 PM
Kids and minis are managable it's babies and minis that's the struggle I mean it just doesn't take a pram or push chair.

Greigiswrong.com (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/107-totalparenting/4649-living-mini-babies-kids.html)

MrMischief
9th February 2010, 10:33 PM

We have an iCandy Pear as a main buggy & there's no way it could fit in the MINI, however we also bought a Silver Cross Halo which is a nice compromise between baby comfort & fitting in the MINI.

Our main issue has to be car seats. We have a Maxi Cosi Cabriofix seat with Isofix base & it probably would fit in the back BUT not with the JCW (Sparco) bucket seats in the front. They just don't move far enough forward to give clearance for access :ragin:

Now that Luca's a bit bigger, we have a forward facing Britax seat that copes fine for short journeys in the MINI, and a BeSafe Izi Comfort X1 Isofix for in the Passat - a beast of a seat :yes nod:

We had also bought a BeSafe Izi Combi X3 (rear & front facing) and while the side-impact & head protection is great, I really didn't like the single leg support that terminates behind the child's head so we returned it. The manufacturers reassure me that it has passed extremely strenuous tests & never showed any signs of failure in that area, but I'm not willing to take the chance.

Therefore....our MINI will be up for grabs soon too....damn JCW seats - great for your ass but not for kiddy seats :argh:

Steve

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 10:41 PM
Greigiswrong.com (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/107-totalparenting/4649-living-mini-babies-kids.html)

Wit u on about. I have tried to live with our wee one and the mini and honestly without a second car I think I would never have got a mini. ( glad I did though). I love my mini but if we could only have one car it simply couldn't be a mini, well you could argue the clubman would give it a good shot though. It's a great car but I'll argue with anyone who says it's a practical family car. I'll finish by saying this though if u love ur mini enough you'll find away.

Forbes
9th February 2010, 11:07 PM
Wit u on about. I have tried to live with our wee one and the mini and honestly without a second car I think I would never have got a mini. ( glad I did though). I love my mini but if we could only have one car it simply couldn't be a mini, well you could argue the clubman would give it a good shot though. It's a great car but I'll argue with anyone who says it's a practical family car. I'll finish by saying this though if u love ur mini enough you'll find away.
Did you click the link?

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 11:24 PM
Did you click the link?

On my iPhone so it did not work what was it supposed to do.

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 11:25 PM
Tried it again and it worked off to read it.

Forbes
9th February 2010, 11:26 PM
And....

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 11:27 PM
Pff...like I said depends on how much u love ur mini.

Forbes
9th February 2010, 11:35 PM
Pff...like I said depends on how much u love ur mini.
I think what you mean to say is thanks for showing me the light Ben

euan
10th February 2010, 10:20 AM
Mini's and babies can mix, but it's a personal thing.

They are a faff getting the kid into, the prams don't fit without getting a very small one, or taking the wheels off them. Our friends have a clubman and she has to put the buggy base on the front passenger seat to fit all the stuff in. When it's lashing with rain, and the missus is the one doing it day in and day out, Mini isn't the right motor. For the odd weekend trip, it's fine.

Put it this way, I flogged my 3 series coupe when my little one was born as I got fed up with the twisting to get the car seat in as it was doing my back in, and bought a stupidly fast tourer instead. now everything gets lobbed in and it's easy :-)

As you say though, depends how much you love your Mini and how much you want to compromise on it.

GCA3N
10th February 2010, 10:36 AM
Mini's and babies can mix, but it's a personal thing.

They are a faff getting the kid into, the prams don't fit without getting a very small one, or taking the wheels off them. Our friends have a clubman and she has to put the buggy base on the front passenger seat to fit all the stuff in. When it's lashing with rain, and the missus is the one doing it day in and day out, Mini isn't the right motor. For the odd weekend trip, it's fine.

Put it this way, I flogged my 3 series coupe when my little one was born as I got fed up with the twisting to get the car seat in as it was doing my back in, and bought a stupidly fast tourer instead. now everything gets lobbed in and it's easy :-)

As you say though, depends how much you love your Mini and how much you want to compromise on it.

Agree 100%

GCA3N
10th February 2010, 10:37 AM
I think what you mean to say is thanks for showing me the light Ben

Well since it's you.