PDA

View Full Version : POTN.co.uk review - a warning about this company

The Dogfather
8th February 2010, 01:51 PM
Just thought I'd share my experiences of POTN.co.uk

I bought some clearance wheels from POTN, OZ Ultraleggera 17s including some Hankook K104 tyres, they were a bargain at £429. The wheels were described as having some minor scratches. I made payment by PayPal and was told the wheels and tyres would be delivered on Tuesday last week, so I took a day off work as no one would be in.

The wheels didn't show up.

I contacted them they said they'd be delayed and would arrive on Friday instead. The missus was going to be at home. The wheels turned up without the tyres, they were also chipped were the tyres had been removed.

I rang them up on Friday trying to sort out a partial refund so I could go out and get some tyres over the weekend rather than waiting for the missing K104s. I was offered a paltry £50. They said they'd come back to me on Monday.

I got an email, no call, from them today saying that they weren't going to give me the K104 tyres or the partial refund in lieu of the tyres. They've arranged for collection of the wheels today and they won't issue a refund until the wheels are back with them.

I probably should have realised what this company way going to be like when their website says they only deal with people by email. I just thought I'd warn people to stay away from this company to avoid a load of unnecessary hassle.

Paul G

Craig
8th February 2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I had looked at some stuff n their site. Glad I found this out, it's not as if I need anymore bad luck/service :lol:

GCA3N
8th February 2010, 02:16 PM
Hope it all works out dude. This company obviously doesn't care for returning customers.

The Dogfather
8th February 2010, 02:51 PM
I dare say there will be more updates, I somehow doubt that the wheels will get collected today.

Delboy
8th February 2010, 02:56 PM
What a bummer :frown:. I hope you get the refund ok, and without any more hassle.

Thanks for posting the warning :thumbs up:.

Forbes
8th February 2010, 03:11 PM
Would have been a bargain though. Shame it didn't work out

GCA3N
8th February 2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I had looked at some stuff n their site. Glad I found this out, it's not as if I need anymore bad luck/service :lol:

If I had read the txt I would have sworn is was one of your stories Craig :lol:

The Dogfather
8th February 2010, 06:06 PM
I've decided to keep the wheels as this company has a habit of not refunding for returned goods.

I might be taking them through the small claims court for the missing tyres. Its up to them they have 5 days to supply before I contact Paypal and ultimately the courts if no luck there.

Craig
8th February 2010, 06:14 PM
That sucks Paul - I have no idea how companies like this are still in business. :argh:

Scottie
8th February 2010, 07:03 PM
you have a reply from potn.co.uk over on total mini. Seems to me you may well be able to resolve your problems with them at least they are showing some customer care and trying to sort it out.

The Dogfather
8th February 2010, 07:37 PM
I've responded, the guy is trying to save face by blaming his sales guy, however the paltry offer and decision to ask for the wheels back came direct from him.

I'll keep you posted.

The Dogfather
9th February 2010, 06:25 PM
I spoke to Nick (the M.D) today, he explained that the salesperson had made an error when telling me that tyres were included. He's agreed to supply some Falken FK452 instead of the Hankooks which is a fair replacement, he did offer Prada Spec 2s but I declined as I like to go round corners in the wet :D

As soon as the tyres arrive I'll let everyone know, his supplier are waiting on stock but they shouldn't be too long.

Forbes
9th February 2010, 06:44 PM
Glad it is sorted, hopefully

The Dogfather
9th February 2010, 06:59 PM
Cheers, it sounds that way but we'll see.

Craig
9th February 2010, 08:27 PM
at least they are making the effort Paul - hope it all turns out well... Now if only MINI cared that much.... :lol: :laugh:

The Dogfather
9th February 2010, 08:29 PM
MINI care, just not about you :p

Craig
9th February 2010, 08:40 PM
MINI care, just not about you :p

:lol: ain't that the truth! ;)

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 08:42 PM
We care about you craig....

Craig
9th February 2010, 08:47 PM

thanks man - group hug... :lol:

The Dogfather
9th February 2010, 08:50 PM

Do you mean in a 'care in the community' sort of way?

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 09:34 PM
Do you mean in a 'care in the community' sort of way?

Well that too

The Dogfather
17th February 2010, 03:58 PM
My tyres turned up today :D

Stewart
17th February 2010, 04:03 PM
Glad you got what you paid for kind off. :thumbs up:

Craig
17th February 2010, 04:15 PM
A result at last !!! ;)

GCA3N
17th February 2010, 04:35 PM
About time, nice one though. :thumbs up:

camjay
17th February 2010, 06:13 PM
good news!

The Dogfather
17th February 2010, 06:35 PM
I've put them up for sale on NM as I'm thinking of going for the new Hankook Evos, mind you if they don't sell then I'll use them.