PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to say goodbye?

Craig
5th February 2010, 02:25 PM
Well as most of you know I ain't the luckiest with my minis.... :frown: I fully accept that cars have their issues but it's how the manufacturer and dealer deal with it that matters to me. I am sick and tired of having probs and then getting disgraceful customer service .

So sick of mini the co but not the cars. Being a nut job I still love them !

Anyway I'm away for a cry :lol:

Forbes
5th February 2010, 02:42 PM
Why not travel for better service.

For example on Monday I was in at JC Aberdeen, getting served by a clown who didn't even know as much as me. Phone David at JC Tayside as I felt the guy didn't know. And got all the nuts and bolts I needed, if it wasn't for him I would have walked out with less than half of what I needed.
Same with Sales, Ryan (think thats right) was more than helpful when buying her One7. In Aberdeen I just get fobbed off.

I would much rather use JC Tayside than the Aberdeen branch. Also been to Dundee to get work done at a Independant Garage on David's recommendation - Still saved approx £250 on the price Aberdeen said

T5LLC
5th February 2010, 02:44 PM
Dont get rid Craig! thats a shame. Ive had rubbish service in Stirling Mini but i still kept my Mini. Edinburgh are much better...

Delboy
5th February 2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your continuing problems. As you know, I've had a few myself with my Clubbie and didn't have my car for virtually the whole of July last year because the whole of the BMW Mini Technical Team in the UK didn't know what was wrong with my car :argh:. Customer Services were about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard :frown:.

Having said that, Douglas Park (Hillington) did their best and were (eventually) very good at keeping me informed of progress, or normally lack of :rolleyes:, and I couldn't really fault them for effort.

Clearly, you have had many issues with Mini, and not just with your current car, so I can understand why you feel so pi$$ed off :yes nod:. However, I've heard of many other car owners complaining about problems with dealers, customer service departments and manufacturers so you could change your Mini for, say a VW Golf, and end up with similar complaints. I myself have had big run-ins with Citroen and Land Rover.

Anyway, this message has probably not been in the least bit helpful to you :p but you know that they say, "a problem shared is a problem doubled!" :lol:.

Fartin Martin
5th February 2010, 03:12 PM
Don't doooooo it!!!!

Sheilz
5th February 2010, 04:03 PM
Yep as Delboy said other manufacturers can also offer shoddy service so could end up swapping one set of problems for another with the added disadvantage of going back to the beginning with whatever car you traded for. At least with your current one you know what's what with it.
Look on the bright side - its Friday and not snowing

GCA3N
5th February 2010, 04:10 PM
Right stop being a dafty and kid us on, you are one of the most fanatic mini lovers there is, however I know you are being pushed to the limits. We are all here for u dude hang in there.

Stewart
5th February 2010, 06:02 PM
You put so much in to the Mini scene, organising runs and meets and we all appreciate the effort people like yourself put in. I’ve only really dealt with sales staff and there is a few space cadets out there that’s for sure.

GCA3N
5th February 2010, 06:08 PM
You put so much in to the Mini scene, organising runs and meets and we all appreciate the effort people like yourself put in. I’ve only really dealt with sales staff and there is a few space cadets out there that’s for sure.

He's not going....

Craig
5th February 2010, 06:37 PM
thanks for the support guys (and the nice comments :blush:)

I am just completely fed up, but as some mentioned, I would miss the whole scene too much. It just pisses me off sooooo much how much MINI couldn't give a toss about their customer.

Leanne - I would have used Eastern, but there is a 6 week wait to get a slot with a Hire Car :thud:(which I would need to get to and from work) whereas it was only 5 day wait in Stirling (not sure what that says.... :rolleyes:) and with it being my lights that were faulty and travelling to and back from my work in the dark, it was a big issue that needed sorted quickly. And as said elsewhere, MINI were quick happy to not fix the proiblem, charge me £50 and put a dangerous car back out on the road...!! :ragin: absolutely incredible.. :argh:

anyway, it's friday which means :beer: and a nice outdoor fire. :clap:

GCA3N
5th February 2010, 06:43 PM
it's friday which means :beer: and a nice outdoor fire. :clap:

Hope it's not the car your setting on fire. :lol:

Like you Craig it's the mini scene that makes the difference. It's not why I bought the first car but was a big factor in the second one.

Scottie
5th February 2010, 06:50 PM
whats happened now last I read it was your xenon problem but thought that got fixed.:confused:

Maybe you should change the car but the next car you buy won't be a 100% either but no car is that's the thing. Your car is your hobby but you have to watch not to turn into an obsession.

Relax a bit about your car and the dealers none will ever be what you want them to be but thats life.

HTH

Sheilz
5th February 2010, 07:40 PM
Craig's just been mega unlucky with his cars. To be honest if a passerby were to read many of the threads that pop up on the site it might make them think twice about buying a mini. While they would defo pick up on the fun we all have with our cars, they might also have second thoughts for mechanical/technical reasons. Think there's a tendency to focus too much on the negative without highlighting that the majority of minis on the road are brilliant reliable wee cars. My experience of the car, dealers etc has been excellent :thumbs up: and I'm sure that's the majority experience.

LOL maybe Craig should let Jude pick the next mini ;)

zimbo
5th February 2010, 07:52 PM
Craig will never leave the MINI scene and he will never get rid of his car especially seeing as how he hunted for a while for this one in his special colour...

I must be one of the few lucky ones who has not really had what you'd call major problems with any of my minis since 2002 and my dealer of choice Grassicks is who has always looked after my cars and hand on heart have been totally awesome and never had any probs with them. :yes nod:

Craig
5th February 2010, 08:24 PM
your right Ali, I don't intend to ever sell this car, but never say never right ;) It took me long enough to get near enough the perfect car so it would be stupid to get rid of it...:rolleyes:

and I think some people may have what I am saying round the wrong way... I admit I have been unlucky with cars, and yes I am picky with cars. I always have been and I won't apologise for it. :) I had Mazdas for many years and they were NEVER back to the garage for any problems, and when it did need a service, I was looked after impeccably :clap: And this is my only issue with the mark. MINI do not take customer service seriously, they forget all about you after they have your money. I have bought (and I counted this up...!) just over £105K of MINI's in 6 years and for them to tell me to feck off over a £50 investigation fee when all the dealer did was look at a sensor and say "aye it's corroded" is very hard to accept.

I will prob be much happier after the car is out of it's warranty (I know this sounds weird) cos I won't have to set foot in a MINI dealer again for repairs... I can get my local garage to look after it. :clap: and they don't need £105k of business to look after me properly. :thumbs up:

Forbes
5th February 2010, 08:30 PM
I can get my local garage to look after it. :clap: and they don't need £105k of business to look after me properly. :thumbs up:

Gotta say there is a few local garages that I prefer having the keys

GCA3N
5th February 2010, 08:31 PM
Feel for you craig.

Craig
5th February 2010, 08:33 PM
anyway, enough of this, it's :beer: time.

The Dogfather
5th February 2010, 09:10 PM
Craig, as others have said the grass isn't much greener on the other side of the fence. I heard some horror stories of Audi via the TT Forum and the same can be said of Mazda, Honda and Smart.

All businesses are run for profit, that means paying peanuts and getting monkeys, screwing the customer over and charging for 'Courtesy Cars'. Its good to see that there are exceptions (David) but as a rule they're all barstewards regardless of make.

There's one manufacturer I've heard only good stuff about though, Jaguar, probably because I've never owned one ;)

Craig
5th February 2010, 09:24 PM
That's funny Paul . We have had 2 jags and they were superb :clap:

Scottie
5th February 2010, 09:39 PM
and they don't need £105k of business to look after me properly. :thumbs up:

if that's what you've spent I hate to think what I've spent.

Scottie
5th February 2010, 09:40 PM
Toyota anyone:popcorn:

Crombers
5th February 2010, 09:44 PM
Curry time I reckon ............................... :thumbs up:

Gismo
6th February 2010, 11:24 AM
Nae luck big yin, but, £105k, what about the trade in value, surely that should be taken off you're figure to see exactly how much you have paid to MINI :Whistle:

Forbes
6th February 2010, 11:30 AM
Nae luck big yin, but, £105k, what about the trade in value, surely that should be taken off you're figure to see exactly how much you have paid to MINI :Whistle:

Oh dear. Think there could be some big loses.

All I have paid is some repairs

Craig
6th February 2010, 07:28 PM

its all about turnover for them... If you take the new price and then what they have resold the cars for, they have made much much more... :lol:

Ally S
6th February 2010, 11:10 PM
I think your right when you say you will be happier when its out of warranty. You dont have to worry about the small print and can get work done on your own terms.

stoney
6th February 2010, 11:59 PM
its fantastic the only prob is bmw part prices are still murder and that dose bump the bill up

i was thinking my mini was going last night but is not so all os fine and im so looking forward to monday

T5LLC
8th February 2010, 05:45 PM
Leanne - I would have used Eastern, but there is a 6 week wait to get a slot with a Hire Car :thud:(which I would need to get to and from work) whereas it was only 5 day wait in Stirling (not sure what that says.... :rolleyes:) and with it being my lights that were faulty and travelling to and back from my work in the dark, it was a big issue that needed sorted quickly. And as said elsewhere, MINI were quick happy to not fix the proiblem, charge me £50 and put a dangerous car back out on the road...!! :ragin: absolutely incredible.. :argh:

Craig i have an insider in Service at bmw eastern btw! So if you need it looked at and need a car let me know ( Pm me ) :)

Big Gordy
8th February 2010, 06:05 PM
In all the time we've owned our mini (May 2003) I've NEVER taken it to a BMW garage :yes nod: Ooooh I tell a lie.....I think I used one of the free ticket things for a brake fluid change:p Because we do such a low mileage (18K in 7 years) the 5 year TLC ran out before the mileage was high enought to use the rest of them:rolleyes:

Craig
8th February 2010, 06:06 PM
Craig i have an insider in Service at bmw eastern btw! So if you need it looked at and need a car let me know ( Pm me ) :)

Thanks Leanne, I'll keep that in mind. Car working fine at the mo(touch wood :lol:) so next time it will be in is for a service in about June time. :thumbs up: