PDA

View Full Version : Window problem!

camjay
3rd February 2010, 05:29 PM
Hi folks! Had problems with my driver side window today. When I'm closing the door, its not going up fully! Its leaving about a half inch gap at the top. Its' the same when I get in the car, but I'm able to fully close it with the window button. I thought it might have been something to do with the cold weather as this happened to me during the really cold spell. It only lasted for a couple of days then it went back to normal.

I'm covered by the warranty but I just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem and any tips. I'm a bit peed off actually as now the snow has come on and my bloody window won't close! :argh:

GCA3N
3rd February 2010, 05:32 PM
Window reset needed. Try this sit in the car and open window fully. Now hold window button down for 20 secs now try it again. I've done this a couple of times before and it works a treat.

It should work with the door closed, but if not go though the sequence with the door open too.

Fairy
3rd February 2010, 05:47 PM
Had this problem in my GP, and the last 'S' I had. But in my case the window was completely stuck half way down n wouldn't move either way...thought the motor was broken but a local garage played around with it a bit and both times have managed to get my window working again without having to replace it - Bonus!! :)
Good luck & hope u get yours fixed soon

Livi
3rd February 2010, 05:48 PM
The window motors are really common for going, i would have it checked out by 'A' garage to make sure.

Fairy
3rd February 2010, 05:51 PM
The window motors are really common for going

Nae so good when they cost over £100 huh?!

camjay
3rd February 2010, 05:56 PM
Hi guys. Thanks for getting back so quickly. GCA3N (is it Greig?) you're a star - it worked. Thanks x

Livi
3rd February 2010, 06:01 PM
Nae so good when they cost over £100 huh?!

your correct Fay,

The price and the availability on them is shocking! there were worldwide backorders through the roof for these and customers screaming for them.

camjay
3rd February 2010, 06:10 PM
The price and the availability on them is shocking! there were worldwide backorders through the roof for these and customers screaming for them.

Cheers. Will phone asap to get it checked out - nearest is Park's! Thank you!

Craig
3rd February 2010, 06:46 PM
I know someone that has had their car in 7 times for this very same problem. The actuator has been replaced each time and the problem keeps coming back.... That is why the car is currently up for sale. Just another example of why customers are leaving due to their inability to fix the problem or the fact they just don't care... :frown:

Hope you get it fixed OK :thumbs up:

GCA3N
3rd February 2010, 06:55 PM
Hi guys. Thanks for getting back so quickly. GCA3N (is it Greig?) you're a star - it worked. Thanks x

Glad to help, ye it's greig BTW :thumbs up:

WeeTerri
5th February 2010, 08:56 PM
hey guys just read this,
am having a similar problem, every now and again when i go out to the car in the morning both of my windows are about a inch down! don't know how or why but its driving me crazy! specially when its raining outside....any ideas what the problem could be or window reset seem the best thing aswell??

Thanx

T

GCA3N
5th February 2010, 09:01 PM
Try it and see seems to be quite common. I've had to do this atleast 3-4 times over the last 3 years.

E1ONN
6th April 2010, 10:24 PM
I have got leaking windows on both sides :( iv had all the seals changed on my doors but it is still leaving a wet smeer all over the windows. what do you think is wrong?