PDA

View Full Version : Manifold

Craig
2nd February 2010, 08:32 PM
I am looking at buying a manifold in the next couple of months and wondered where was the best place to get it from?

Looking at either a Janspeed or GTT as they have removable sport cat's, this is so that if either the manifold or cat fails, I just need to replace one. I did think about a JCW Challenge manifold (to keep the car all JCW, but they want about £650 :thud: and it is an all in one manifold and sport cat..)

I can get the Janspeed (including sport cat) off Ebay for £465 inc delivery, is the GTT one worth the extra £100 premium?

Thanks for any help/advice :thumbs up:

leeg87
2nd February 2010, 08:47 PM
nope, the GTT is exactly the same apart from a couple welds and it uses a 120cpi cat instead of the 200cpi that comes in the Janspeed. Save the money imo

Craig
2nd February 2010, 09:13 PM
nope, the GTT is exactly the same apart from a couple welds and it uses a 120cpi cat instead of the 200cpi that comes in the Janspeed. Save the money imo

Thank you sir :thumbs up:

stoney
2nd February 2010, 10:50 PM
i would say the same just doubble check that its a new one your byeing i know a lot of them on e bay are used

Big Gordy
2nd February 2010, 11:00 PM
Check the welding splater on the Janspeed one if you go down that route:frown: Ross' first set of MG 180 ones were terrible IMO. Second set were better but still not great:ragin:

stoney
2nd February 2010, 11:04 PM
i have to say i have the gtt one and it flawless never had a prob and was told bye the guy who fitted it it was made well so i would say gtt but the choice is yours and i can see why the £100 saving is tepting

Craig
3rd February 2010, 12:03 AM
thanks folks. :thumbs up:

the manifolds are all new (sold by Roadrunner Motorsport in Nottingham which I have actually been in... :thud:)

I will check the manifold, or more the person that will be fitting it :Whistle:

Crombers
3rd February 2010, 11:06 PM
I've got a Playmini :thumbs up: manifold .......................... :thumbs up:

But I like what it does to my Coop :yes nod:

(It sure would sound AWESOME in your 'Works' though :cool:)