PDA

View Full Version : Sick as a dog!!!

zimbo
2nd February 2010, 12:45 PM
Yup that was me :yes nod: All started on Thursday evening when I decided to treat my mother and myself to a chinese take-out about 5.30pm all was ok (only actually ate about half of it...) my old lady (oops mum) had something different, anyway went to bed about midnight then a couple of hours later started feeling cold and shivering and I kinda got an idea of was about to happen shortly but hoped I was wrong, BUT NO!! I was right about 3.30am got up and was sick ...and so to cut a long story short I have basically been sick as from that point till probably this morning, where I am now feeling SO much better again...

I mean that is basically 4 days of my life I've spent in my bed feeling like death warmed up that I will never get back :argh: and I am only now starting to try eating anything again for fear of seeing it all again involuntarily. And feel really weak and tired.

I TELL YOU ALL NOW!!! I will NEVER be getting a chines take-out again and that is difficult for me to say because I love chinese food, so can imagine how bad this was for me to now turn around and say this... :frown:

GCA3N
2nd February 2010, 12:56 PM
Hey dude glad your feeling better however what I would say is my mother and father in law both had the same thing last weekend 4 days being sick and a bit of the squirties. I also know 2 others very similar to your illness. The irony is her mum and dad had a chineese the day before too. Anyway I know there's alot of this stomach bug going about. If you had food poisoning it would have cleared your system way earlier that 4 days.

The Dogfather
2nd February 2010, 01:16 PM
Food poisoning can last for weeks, not just days.

Sheilz
2nd February 2010, 01:22 PM
Poor you. Glad you're feeling much better. Even if the Chinese wasn't the source of the problem, its association with the onset of illness in itself would be enough to put you off for a very very long time. Hope your MUm and Dad are ok too

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2010, 01:43 PM
Zimbo, sorry to hear about the spewing mate. Not nice.:sad:

Gotta disagree with Greig though... Classic food poisoning. Far too quick for it to be one of the nastier bugs like Campylobacter - that's a nasty b@st@rd, had it once, never want it again. But it's obviously been some form of food borne bug that's bounced in your stomache. What's the chinese like that you go to? Most likely source of this, especially with it being so quick to react in your body, is the rice. Poorly reheated rice is lethal And unfortunately it's a common (but very questionable) practice for chines take-away's to bulk make rice containers then re-heat on order.:frown:

A.

GCA3N
2nd February 2010, 01:44 PM
Food poisoning can last for weeks, not just days.

U are correct with things like salmonella etc.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2010, 01:45 PM
I TELL YOU ALL NOW!!! I will NEVER be getting a chines take-out again and that is difficult for me to say because I love chinese food, so can imagine how bad this was for me to now turn around and say this... :frown:

And.... I know you say that now. but after a few months, and perhaps choosing a different venue, you'll be tucking into a nice chinese and loving the taste. You know it.:thumbs up:

A.:D

GCA3N
2nd February 2010, 01:47 PM
Zimbo, sorry to hear about the spewing mate. Not nice.:sad:

Gotta disagree with Greig though... Classic food poisoning. Far too quick for it to be one of the nastier bugs like Campylobacter - that's a nasty b@st@rd, had it once, never want it again. But it's obviously been some form of food borne bug that's bounced in your stomache. What's the chinese like that you go to? Most likely source of this, especially with it being so quick to react in your body, is the rice. Poorly reheated rice is lethal And unfortunately it's a common (but very questionable) practice for chines take-away's to bulk make rice containers then re-heat on order.:frown:

A.

you could well be right but my point was it might not neccessarly have came from the chinese, any time I have had food posioning it has always gone within 24-48 hours.

GCA3N
2nd February 2010, 01:49 PM
Your right about the rice though most cases of food posioning with chinese is the rice allot of people don't realise how dangerour reheating rice can be.

Craig
2nd February 2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Ali. :sad:

My worse case of food poisoning was in Ibiza and I could not eat for nearly 2 weeks!!!! The effects of it lasted for about 6 months. It was a burger that did it but I never lost the love :lol:

Sheilz
2nd February 2010, 02:27 PM
Thing with rice is it comes with a bacteria that is normally killed by proper cooking but there are instances, not very common, of spores surviving that are resistant to re-heating. I've been aware of this for some years now because of H&S in previous employment.

stoney
2nd February 2010, 02:28 PM
stop moaning ya fud

no hope you are felin better

Big Gordy
2nd February 2010, 02:49 PM
Kirstens just recovered from the very same thing Ali and she never had a chinese:p

zimbo
2nd February 2010, 03:40 PM
stop moaning ya fud

:moonie: youd be moaning too if youd lost 4 days and all that COD time too :ragin: :D

Thanks for the comments guys and gals.

Stewart
2nd February 2010, 03:43 PM
Best chinese around here is Ding's Express Uddingston, they have few cooks and they cook it fresh right in front of you but its my friends local in Bothwell. Last time I just drove round the corner to the local I was sick an hour after, nothing more but still sick as I think it was just too heavy.

Crombers
2nd February 2010, 04:49 PM
Yup that was me :yes nod: All started on Thursday evening when I decided to treat my mother and myself to a chinese take-out about 5.30pm all was ok (only actually ate about half of it...) my old lady (oops mum) had something different, anyway went to bed about midnight then a couple of hours later started feeling cold and shivering and I kinda got an idea of was about to happen shortly but hoped I was wrong, BUT NO!! I was right about 3.30am got up and was sick ...and so to cut a long story short I have basically been sick as from that point till probably this morning, where I am now feeling SO much better again...

I mean that is basically 4 days of my life I've spent in my bed feeling like death warmed up that I will never get back :argh: and I am only now starting to try eating anything again for fear of seeing it all again involuntarily. And feel really weak and tired.

Aw diddums, poor wee Zimbo :rolleyes:

Right now your better ................................ next :Whistle: :p

Scottie
2nd February 2010, 06:54 PM
Poor you. Dogs eat their own sick did you know that.

Crombers
2nd February 2010, 07:03 PM
Poor you. Dogs eat their own sick did you know that.

Yup, usually in the car. Tends to get trapped though between the back seat bench & the upright :yes nod:

audrey
2nd February 2010, 11:45 PM
Sounds bad :frown:

Glad you are feeling better my sister was like this all weekend too but she didn't have a chinese