PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Phone Prep?

Bazthemod
1st February 2010, 11:59 PM
Does anybody have Bluetooth Phone Prep in their car? How does it work?

Mini Ecosse
2nd February 2010, 07:05 AM
Sorry cannae help, no bluetooth in our Park Lane

The Dogfather
2nd February 2010, 08:25 AM
I've got basic bluetooth, is that the same?

stoney
2nd February 2010, 09:34 AM
i have a parrot kit in my van

ianking
2nd February 2010, 09:50 AM
I have basic bluetooth with USB and multifunction wheel with voice control in my car.
Works well. It is paired with my new iphone and previously with my old Nokia.

When someone calls their name appears as it is stored in your phone book on the radio screen. You can either answer by using the button on the multifunction wheel or by pushing the button on the radio.

To call out you can scroll your phone book via the wheel or via the radio buttons. If you have voice control and you have a whole weekend on your hands you can store voice commands and simply push the speak button on the steering wheel and say 'phone home' and it will more than likely phone your work or something like that. I have given up with the voice control.

Livi
2nd February 2010, 09:53 AM
No sure if you are free anytime, but i/someone could have a look and show you? :D

Bazthemod
2nd February 2010, 10:45 AM
It seems there is a snap in inside the arm rest, just wondering if the iphone is compatible. Also wondering if i can play audio via the snap-in too?

Ian that sounds about right from what i expected from the kit but it's just the weird name of phone prep that confuses me.

Livi
2nd February 2010, 11:35 AM
Baz,

You can't play audio through the Snap-in as its not supported.

It is however compatible with the 3G and the 3GS

84 21 2 158 682 Adapter
TECHNICAL
AG HAVE CONFIRMED THAT THIS IS
SUITABLE FOR THE 3GS PHONE.

Ryan is also another person who has used his Iphone with a MINI so he might be more help with the showing :D

ianking
2nd February 2010, 01:21 PM
Baz

I dont have the full bluetooth as I dont like the arm rest.

If you went for the full kit and like to use your phone for the music as well it wouldnt let you do this. I have my bluetooth switched on and have the phone plugged in via the 'Y' lead. The music comes through the 'Y' lead and the phone stuff is via B/tooth. All seems to work well. The mini appears to be iphone friendly. My car is 2008 and my iphone is the new 3GS.

Bazthemod
2nd February 2010, 06:55 PM
lol proper confused now between here and the dealers.

So if i have full bluetooth i can use my iphone as a music player too and browse playlists etc through the dashboard?

ianking
3rd February 2010, 09:48 AM
Dont think so if you have Full B tooth as the Btooth bit doesnt transfer the music data only the phone data.

Better with the basic bluetooth as its a whole lot cheaper and you can then use the iphone for everything.

Bazthemod
3rd February 2010, 05:09 PM
Hmmm, the car already has full bluetooth - i should really just go see the car again and play about with it lol