PDA

View Full Version : Tomtom

Sheilz
1st February 2010, 05:39 PM
Decided to update my tomtom today. Got connected no probs until a box came up telling me there was an update version asking me if I wanted to download it. I did but it came up with an error telling me it couldn't complete. I think I had disconnected my device just in case it went wrong, this being the process that had seen my 300 go on the blink. I think I may have disconnected during the download. Tried installing the application directly from the site but kept getting an error message that I couldn't get passed. I uninstalled tomtom from the harddrive to try and reinstall. Same problem. Got to the same point in the applic programme as before but kept coming up against the same error message. Eventually used my daughters laptop to update without any problems. Anyone got any suggestions as to why I can't get tomtom home 7.2 to install on my machine.
Although I used the proper uninstall system device, and checked that the tomtom sign had disappeared from listed applications/programmes, is it poss that there could be hidden files or something on the harddrive that are not immediately apparent that is preventing the download. I mean this should really be a straightforward process but its got me tearing my hair out.

Mini Ecosse
1st February 2010, 08:23 PM
Sorry I have no idea how to help with you problem.
However, by coincidence, I connected my TomTom to pc today and the updated version downloaded AOK

Craig
1st February 2010, 08:34 PM
i had the same problem on sat but not had time to investigate it yet Sheilz, if I find out how to fix it, i'll let you know :thumbs up:

Stewart
1st February 2010, 09:17 PM
Is that 7.2 or 2.7? I only have 2.7 on the Tom Tom Home. its always installed no prob's. pity you need to buy the maps.

this a map pack 7.2?

baptie
1st February 2010, 09:45 PM
got an XL last week.

Had the same thing.
I removed Tomtom software, let Tomtom reinstall it.
It asked me If I wanted to ad latest update, said yes and now it is working.

Absolutly shat it as I only had it for an hour and it was gubbed!

Off to Glenrothes next week, first use then!

Sheilz
1st February 2010, 09:50 PM
It was updating to 7.2 that messed it up. My original 300 (new one is 930) would've been run on the older version. It had worked fine until I decided to update it. The 300 now alternates between telling me to put in the sd card and then when its put in it indicates it should be removed. Munro is currently trying to get it to work, even trying a new card but now ready to throw in the towel. I guess I was lucky that it didn't mess up the 930. If you (Craig) work out how to resolve this would appreciate sharing. Thanks

Craig
1st February 2010, 09:52 PM
It was updating to 7.2 that messed it up. My original 300 (new one is 930) would've been run on the older version. It had worked fine until I decided to update it. The 300 now alternates between telling me to put in the sd card and then when its put in it indicates it should be removed. Munro is currently trying to get it to work, even trying a new card but now ready to throw in the towel. I guess I was lucky that it didn't mess up the 930. If you (Craig) work out how to resolve this would appreciate sharing. Thanks

no worries Sheilz, hopefully I will get a chance to look at it later this week... :yes nod: