PDA

View Full Version : What's worse I wonder

Scottie
31st January 2010, 07:51 PM
Was out and about today.

Noticed the Q for the Car Wash and Jet Wash. Watched the guying using the jet wash on his BMW the hose was all over his car as he used the brush on the foam wash.

Why do people do this:argh::argh: that hose is so so rough I reckon he will be doing just as much damage to his paint work as he would taking the car through the car wash.

Not the first time I have seen folks letting the hose bang rub all over the car while using the jet wash.

Craig
31st January 2010, 07:55 PM
Aye, but Fi, some people just see a car as something to get from A to B, regardless of how much they pay for it... Some are not bothered how it looks... :thud: I don't get it myself, a car is one of the things that looses money hand over fist, and I like mine to look good. You don't get anymore money for it being shiny when you trade in, so maybe it's us that are mugs... :lol:

I watched a guy recently washing a Black M6 with a jet wash and did the exact same thing... :argh: such a shame.. :frown:

euan
31st January 2010, 08:32 PM
I saw someone taking the snow off a brand new SLK with a garden broom....

But back on topic - if it's a company car, I can imagine some people will just do whatever to keep it looking reasonable. I know some of the guys at my work with company cars and I'd never buy a car that had been an ex-company car now! They are well maintained mechanically, but dear lord they don't look after them.

Stewart
31st January 2010, 09:07 PM
. I wash my Mini and can spend four or five hours and even more if I am doing the polish and wax etc. I really enjoy it as it gets me out the house.

Girl next door has a new company car, gets a split new car about every two years
OK its Black and covered in swirls close up but its spotless otherwise. I can be out washing, foaming etc and she can drive off and come back in fifteen minutes with the car looking extremely clean, with little to no effort.

But if I clean and I mean really clean the Windows, wheels, and add say a nice coat of wax on the Mini the car has that sparkle you can only get from being a silly sod :smilewinkgrin:and you can tell the difference.

At least she respect that I like washing the wee car, the guy across the road cant help but make comments as he never washes his new cars and I mean never and I think they only go to the Car wash as a last resort once or twice a year.

Best I seen was the Guy in the Merc Garage Going down all the cars clearing snow off them with the brush....:argh:

GCA3N
31st January 2010, 11:03 PM
TBH I think we are the weirdo's here, everyone else has the balanced point of view, it's only a car. For us clean freaks is more of an illness. There's nowt better than spending a couple of hours with your beloved and then going inside to the missus.lol

Scottie
31st January 2010, 11:08 PM
the thing is I don't see myself as the weirdo. I fully accept every stone chip small ding or chip on the window etc etc I wash and clean the car seeing all the small bits that are not right. If I got hung up about these things then I would never take the car out. Every since I had my first car as a young lass I've never once let any hose rub against the car to scratch. No matter whether I had a brand new MINI or a ten year old Vauxhall it would it's best, that it could look.

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2010, 12:46 AM
I once sat waiting to fill up with fuel watching a guy jet hosing his car down, while his young son (maybe 5 or 6 years old) carefully cleaned the gravel and grit on the ground using the foam brush lance:argh::argh:. His dad looked over a couple of times and said... "don't do that son.":frown: then continued jetting his car down without a care in the world for what his son was doing. I pitty the poor person who next uses that foam lance:sad:. If he'd been my son doing that, I'd be about due for release back into the community by now because that was about 6 or 7 years ago. I'd probably be tagged though.:laugh:

A.

GCA3N
1st February 2010, 09:59 AM
i once sat waiting to fill up with fuel watching a guy jet hosing his car down, while his young son (maybe 5 or 6 years old) carefully cleaned the gravel and grit on the ground using the foam brush lance:argh::argh:. His dad looked over a couple of times and said... "don't do that son.":frown: Then continued jetting his car down without a care in the world for what his son was doing. I pitty the poor person who next uses that foam lance:sad:. If he'd been my son doing that, i'd be about due for release back into the community by now because that was about 6 or 7 years ago. I'd probably be tagged though.:laugh:

A.

lmao.:lol:

Mini Ecosse
1st February 2010, 12:26 PM
I once sat waiting to fill up with fuel watching a guy jet hosing his car down, while his young son (maybe 5 or 6 years old) carefully cleaned the gravel and grit on the ground using the foam brush lance:argh::argh:. His dad looked over a couple of times and said... "don't do that son.":frown: then continued jetting his car down without a care in the world for what his son was doing. I pitty the poor person who next uses that foam lance:sad:. If he'd been my son doing that, I'd be about due for release back into the community by now because that was about 6 or 7 years ago. I'd probably be tagged though.:laugh:

A.

What a hard man you are!
The kids must be living in fear when they go to your cinema :lol::lol: