PDA

View Full Version : trade in's

HiddenHOBO
31st January 2010, 11:56 AM
where is the best bet for a trade in, I'm needing to change my bumpers,bonnet and exhaust first, back to standard so it will take a little time. any ideas; Cooper 52plate 80'000 on the clock, wud like to get 06/07 cooper s or a jcw if i can find 1. any help will b appreciated. cheers guys.

Bazthemod
31st January 2010, 12:15 PM
Dealers won't offer you much as your car is too old and high mileage to go into Mini Cherished. They will more than likely punt it off to auction. Try selling private would be my advice.

illegalhunter
31st January 2010, 05:01 PM
Iam with Baz on this , mileage is way too high. Anyway you never get what you think you will with trade ins.

HiddenHOBO
31st January 2010, 06:44 PM
the buy back deal on my finance plan is £4250 so i might just have to do that then i think.

Crombers
31st January 2010, 09:14 PM
Back to standard on a private sale 'should' make you more ££££ (it is a hassle though, especially if you have to sell in order to buy, i.e. go without a car for a bit)

GCA3N
31st January 2010, 11:06 PM
Private sale is the way to go garages just rip you off what they will offer. I saw a 02 mini one (very basic looking) the other day in a garage forecourt (obviously not BMW) it was up for £5,500 and yet I take in a 2008 r56 S and they offer me 12K don't figure.

Stewart
31st January 2010, 11:53 PM
You almost get the feeling is when you drive in the Salesperson is working with the Dealers instructions of not “How can I help this Customer” But “How can a screw every last penny out this deal”

Your Blue S would be put back on the lot for 15K easy.

GCA3N
1st February 2010, 12:02 AM
You almost get the feeling is when you drive in the Salesperson is working with the Dealers instructions of not “How can I help this Customer” But “How can a screw every last penny out this deal”

Your Blue S would be put back on the lot for 15K
easy.

Your spot on there it really annoys me. I actually went in to look at what I thought was a factory jcw turns out it's an 59 plate S with the jcw kit and the challenge alloys. Now it was nice but bearing in mind this car was being put up for sale in march (6months old) they wanted 25k for it. The thing is there was nothing special about the interior no full leather no ricaros no uprated sound system. Infact inside it had the multi function steering wheel and obviously they extras now with the chilli pack. Anyway it was only a look see I actually originally went in to price up the jcw kit.