PDA

View Full Version : Peter Vardy - Edinburgh

Mini Ecosse
29th January 2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone had any dealings with Peter Vardy, Edinburgh, good or bad?

Anyone in particular who is good to deal with?

They have something I/We might be interested in:thumbs up:

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 12:16 PM
Anyone had any dealings with Peter Vardy, Edinburgh, good or bad?

Anyone in particular who is good to deal with?

They have something I/We might be interested in:thumbs up:

That's funny as I've been scouring the net for JCW's, it wasn't this you were looking at.

http://www.petervardy.com/mini/used-cars/view/280482/Mini-COOPER-S-1.6-JOHN-COOPER-WORKS-3DR-(CHILI-PACK)

Mini Ecosse
29th January 2010, 12:37 PM
That's funny as I've been scouring the net for JCW's, it wasn't this you were looking at.

http://www.petervardy.com/mini/used-cars/view/280482/Mini-COOPER-S-1.6-JOHN-COOPER-WORKS-3DR-(CHILI-PACK)

That's the one

ianking
29th January 2010, 12:50 PM
Nice car.

Have been in there on a couple of ocassions when changing cars over the years and they dont seem to come and speak to me. Never went to speak to Sarah one day she was in. Must think we are too young.
Years ago I went in and had to ask the saleswoman if she could help me. (usually sales pounce on you) anyway said I was after a mini and she looked me up and down and then sneerily said, oh they are quite expensive. I replied better leave it then and went to the other mini dealer in Edinburgh.

My Dad was in there a coupler months back just for a look as was thinking of changing the Audi for a 6 series but no one would speak to him either. He just popped in as had been at Seafield getting tiles for the house. He had his DIY clothes on so perhaps they thought he was a pleb, shouldnt judge anyone though.

MINI William
29th January 2010, 12:59 PM
Ive never had good dealings with them sales staff never come to speak and always make it seem like they are doing you a favour instead of the other way around

Scottie
29th January 2010, 01:22 PM
Not the best to deal with I bought my last car from them. But if they had a car that I wanted I would buy again from them

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 01:26 PM
Terrible rep.

Stewart
29th January 2010, 01:57 PM
Did I miss somthing was there a Lottery syndicate win on NMS. Everyone and there Gran are looking at Works Mini’s. Nice Works all the same.

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 02:51 PM
Did I miss somthing was there a Lottery syndicate win on NMS. Everyone and there Gran are looking at Works Mini’s. Nice Works all the same.

recession what recession.....your right. Especially young guys like Ryan and Baz, you guys must be very careful with your dosh (or are into drug dealing) lol, to even be thinking about R56 JCW's. Forget even about the cost of the car the insurance will surely be 3 figures.

weefossy
29th January 2010, 02:53 PM
Have bought 7 minis from them and they have been great every time. Test drove that car yesterday and it is superb. It was built for one of their exec and he has gone off the idea. Recarro seats, 18" alloys and lots of extras inside. For some reason it was also the smoothest Works I've driven, don't ask me why, but it was.
I just about bought it and i believe you will get a good deal. Just my opinion. Ask for Brian Smith or young John if Brian isn't in. Happy to mention my name, for what's that's worth.

Mini Ecosse
29th January 2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks all for your comments.:thumbs up:

At least you guys took the time to post.

I am still waiting on Peter Vardy's to get back to me!:argh:

Mini Ecosse
29th January 2010, 03:06 PM
Have bought 7 minis from them and they have been great every time. Test drove that car yesterday and it is superb. It was built for one of their exec and he has gone off the idea. Recarro seats, 18" alloys and lots of extras inside. For some reason it was also the smoothest Works I've driven, don't ask me why, but it was.
I just about bought it and i believe you will get a good deal. Just my opinion. Ask for Brian Smith or young John if Brian isn't in. Happy to mention my name, for what's that's worth.

Thanks for info:thumbs up:

We might just take a run through to Edinburgh next Monday or Tuesday.

Mini Ecosse
29th January 2010, 03:08 PM
I agree with William & Ian re being young

Not an issue for me:lol::lol:

Stewart
29th January 2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks for info:thumbs up:

We might just take a run through to Edinburgh next Monday or Tuesday.

That’s strange I just heard a blue Mini Cooper S leaving Arran there in a hurry….

Mini Ecosse
29th January 2010, 04:28 PM
That’s strange I just heard a blue Mini Cooper S leaving Arran there in a hurry….

:lol::lol: Greig can take his time, they are not open on Sundays!!

So it will defo be the beginning of the week before we go through to Edinburgh

GAJ
29th January 2010, 04:42 PM
That's the garage I use, I've always found them pretty good too. I second Malcolm's shout for Brian.

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 05:07 PM

Pmsl. Na gonna hold out...for a bit anyway. Wouldn't feel comfortable buying from a dealer so far away either. I like buying reasonably local. It is very nice though.

euan
29th January 2010, 05:19 PM
I dealt with them when I looked at my minis, service wasn't nearly as good as the "other" dealer. But when they eventually did get someone to deal with me, wasn't an issue. Got a better trade in at the othre dealer, so I bought from them.

However, as you can see, I've also heard pretty crap things about them. They need to wise up a bit if you ask me, lose the attitude, especially in a city with two dealers.

Scottie
29th January 2010, 06:44 PM

not happy with your current car.?

Fartin Martin
29th January 2010, 07:14 PM
I think the attitude of some sales staff is shocking!!!..end of the day..they should be tryin to kiss our ass..and bend over backwards to try get the car we want..not basically say..well that's all I've got so like it or lump it really!..that's what a got from DP Glasgow!!

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 07:35 PM
Heard above from a friend who knows friends that used to work there (if that makes sense). But more than likely the guy who told me this was BS'ing. Its nothing to do with my mates in the parts department, as said its a friend of a friend that USED to work at the dealership. But as said the guy who told me above info was probably just messing with me trying to wind me up.

WIT. lol

Fartin Martin
29th January 2010, 07:40 PM
WIT. lol
Lol..I know!!..i was like WTF!!:lol:

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 07:44 PM
Lol..I know!!..i was like WTF!!:lol:

I read it 3 times and still I was like WIT.

Stewart
29th January 2010, 08:21 PM
Thats about as confusing as Mr A signature, sure thats the third version I've seen today. God I spend too much time in here.:blush:

KenL
29th January 2010, 09:50 PM
I think we should be wary of slagging of a dealer in a public forum. Last thing we want is the admin getting heat and closing us down. Opinions should be fine but saying any dealer is rubbish is not really on.

My opinion:

I have had 3 MINIs.

For MINI 1 & 2 (and when I enquired about trading my first MINI for another when I was well p*issed off with it) Dunedin were really poor with their trade in offer. When I bought mt first R56, they offered me £1k less than the dealer in Perth.

However, when I bought my current car, they were really honest and up front with me. I got a really good deal as they new I was serious about buying a car.

So, although I will always shop around, I was REALLY happy with my dealings with PV last April.

In addition to my thoughts above, I would prefer to be "ignored" in a dealer's. I HATE being pressured as soon as you step over the door.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2010, 10:11 PM
Used to deal with them for sales and service. Had a good relationship with one of the salesmen. He's now moved on and the remaining sales staff just seem indifferent. Including Brian Smith. I know weefossy and gaj speak highly of him and clearly they gave a good relationship, it just seems to me he doesn't give a toss about all the business Lenore and I have given the dealership over the years. It's difficult to build a good relationship with a dealer without being able to buy a car from them.

Service dept. Completely different case. 1st class. We are well looked after. Ask for Simon. :)

A. :)

Stewart
29th January 2010, 10:21 PM
Ken there is a balance, really there should be no pressure but assistance if needed. I too got ignored at a VW dealership and once in a Mini Dealership when I was not mucking about I was buying in the case of the Mini dealership a Min when I found the right one.

In the Case of the Mini dealership, I don’t think the girl was sales but I had to chase her up to ask to see a car, She disappears and comes back and said someone will be with you, A guy actually comes out to a desk five minutes later that looked sales, picked up a sheet of paper and pissed off again. So after about twenty Minutes of standing in an empty showroom on a dull Rainy day and after getting bored of the cars in the showroom, I just left.

Two weeks later the Girl in Stirling was processing my sale and could not have been any more help she had the keys to the car two minutes of asking and let me have a look at the car myself while she cleared it for a test drive if I wanted it. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 10:50 PM
Its a shame when personnel are to blame for a garages rep, it's like you say, some garages you go in and they are great others just leave you standing. It's like when I got my car I was not even in to buy, and ended up buying a car, now that's a good sales man.

illegalhunter
30th January 2010, 10:22 AM
The APR is sky high with the finance

SimonC
30th January 2010, 11:03 AM
OK here is my input....

I bought myself a BMW Z4 2.5 Si 07 plate around about 5 months... It was a great car, however had it's problems. The car was in six times with problem after problem. The main issue I had was the car would sometimes not select first gear. It got so bad that I uploaded the footage to YouTube and went down to PV, showed them the clip while CC'ing Steve Brown (DM) the footage. My reply - "Yup, there is clearly an issue there, but as my guys, can't fault the provlem themselves, we are not going to sort it"

Thanks for your excellent service. The service was shocking and I felt they took my money and where not prepard to help. They happily took my 19K but failed to help when a problem took place. Weeks before I bought the car, my Mum bought a brand new X5.

HOWEVER..... I found a Mini which I wanted, at seafield Mini and got the best service I've ever had. "Paul Burnside" was the chap who looked after me. He knew I had issues with the car and tried his up most to make sure the whole experience was better. Nice guy, didn't push for a sale. I really can't fault the guy.

So after me spending 19K on a BMW which lasted 5 months and Mum spending 57K on BMW X5, will be be going back to PV for a BMW? No....

Sorry, it's not a great and happy post. I am extremely hungover....

Simon :)

Craig
30th January 2010, 11:26 AM
Well, having never been in PV buying a MINI I can't comment on their service.

here's what I will say on ALL of the dealers I have deal with whether it is Sales, Parts or Service.

The service you get in every dealer can vary HUGELY depending on what person you get in the dealer. Also I haven't found any dealer yet that has a service dept that I am totally happy with, although Eastern for me did the best "investigating" I would say :D. I have been to 3 seperate dealers to buy cars (1 in England) and the experience from them was all pretty much the same - nothing superb, but they did the job.

As for parts - this is the only place I can say that I have had spot on service EVERY TIME (well apart from one incident which I won't bore you with. :lol:) David at JC's has been particularly great at his job. :thumbs up: (remember the extra discount next time ;))

The problem as I see it is MINI aren't taking enough of an interest in what each dealer is doing with customer service, because, lets be honest, thats what it's all about. If they scrutinised their dealers more often and took customer feedback more seriously, we would get a more even customer experience (maybe not fantastic), but you could expect the same level of sevice regardless of what dealer you went into. I think MINI feel like they don't need to make the effort, cos we will just buy from them anyway.. :rolleyes: :frown:

stoney
30th January 2010, 12:22 PM
as craig said can not comment on PV but i know with the dealer i use i get v good sevice from parts and sales but thats prob cos my big sis worked there for a good few years also i am pals with the head bmw tec there so makes my life easy all i do is give him a text or a phone if needing some thing done
as for sales then they bend over backward to try and help

GAJ
30th January 2010, 01:13 PM
Used to deal with them for sales and service. Had a good relationship with one of the salesmen. He's now moved on and the remaining sales staff just seem indifferent. Including Brian Smith. I know weefossy and gaj speak highly of him and clearly they gave a good relationship, it just seems to me he doesn't give a toss about all the business Lenore and I have given the dealership over the years. It's difficult to build a good relationship with a dealer without being able to buy a car from them.

Service dept. Completely different case. 1st class. We are well looked after. Ask for Simon. :)

A. :)

im taking my car in on wed for a service, so fingers crossed!

KenL
30th January 2010, 05:30 PM
Craig - you are right, MINI need to really listen to customers regarding customer service.

EVERY time our wee Aygo is in Western Toyota, even for warranty work, we get a letter from the service manager thanking us for our business. We also get a form from Toyota asking us to rate the service we have had pretty much every time we have used them also.

Toyota are very high in customer satisfaction (ironic given the recall they have just announced), it would be easy for MINI to up their game in this department.

Mini Ecosse
30th January 2010, 06:47 PM
PV have just called to say JCW SOLD today.
Oh well, saves a drive to Edinburgh on Monday.

KenL
30th January 2010, 07:46 PM
PV have just called to say JCW SOLD today.
Oh well, saves a drive to Edinburgh on Monday.

That's a pity, but at least they called.

Keep your eye out for another beauty.

Mini Ecosse
2nd February 2010, 09:32 PM
Spent a pleasant morning in Peter Vardy's.

The lads we spoke to were well clued up on mini's and also the mini racing.:thumbs up:

Turns out we have a mutual acquaintance with one of the salesmen, Paul Di Resta DTM & Force India test driver. What a small world :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2010, 09:57 PM
Spent a pleasant morning in Peter Vardy's.

The lads we spoke to were well clued up on mini's and also the mini racing.:thumbs up:

Turns out we have a mutual acquaintance with one of the salesmen, Paul Di Resta DTM & Force India test driver. What a small world :thumbs up:

Thats good to hear Stephen.:thumbs up:

When do you pick the car up?:yes nod::D:D

A.:D

Mini Ecosse
2nd February 2010, 10:07 PM
Thats good to hear Stephen.:thumbs up:

When do you pick the car up?:yes nod::D:D

A.:D

Car, what car:smilewinkgrin::Whistle::Whistle:
Mid March:clap:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2010, 10:16 PM
Car, what car:smilewinkgrin::Whistle::Whistle:
Mid March:clap:

Cool.:thumbs up:

Craig
3rd February 2010, 12:00 AM
thank god you finally made a decision man...!!! :lol: how longs it been :Whistle:

weefossy
3rd February 2010, 12:15 AM
Pleased to hear that they looked after you, so it was worth the trip? "Spill the beans", what did you get?

:babypram:

Mini Ecosse
3rd February 2010, 07:58 AM
Pleased to hear that they looked after you, so it was worth the trip? "Spill the beans", what did you get?

:babypram:

Will post details this evening.
No time at moment, of to work:argh:

Craig
3rd February 2010, 09:43 PM
<taps finger on the keyboard......> We are waiting Mr Lawson....! :lol:

by the way, nice sig Fossy's ! :clap:

Scottie
3rd February 2010, 09:58 PM
<taps finger on the keyboard......> We are waiting Mr Lawson....! :lol:

by the way, nice sig Fossy's ! :clap:

if not a little on the big side:shut up:

Craig
3rd February 2010, 10:05 PM
Dinnae you start..... 2 hours and I gave up..... :argh: :lol: I don't have fancy photo packages like some !

Mini Ecosse
3rd February 2010, 10:34 PM
Laser Blue MF92 JCW

Model MF92 MINI John Cooper Works
Colour A59 Laser Blue Metallic
Upholstery FKE1 Clth/Lea Ray Carbon Black

Option 249 Multi-func. Steering Whl
Option 381 Roof in body colour
Option 872 CHILI Pack

Recaro seats in alacantra

weefossy
3rd February 2010, 11:08 PM
:thumbs up: Sounds a cracker, I do like the "all one colour" cars and the seats will add a real bit of class. Roll on delivery day.

Scottie
3rd February 2010, 11:09 PM
Sounds great Mini Ecosse.

AndyP & Lenore
4th February 2010, 12:15 AM
Very nice Stephen. :thumbs up: Best blue colour ever. :D

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the MF92?:confused:

A. :D

Stewart
4th February 2010, 01:25 AM
That’s sounds a great car, that will be a great few weeks till you pick it up. It will be like Christmas when you were a kid.

2nd Generation
| | --------------
| | ME31 = One (LHD)
| | ME32 = One (RHD)
| | MF31 = Cooper (LHD)
| | MF32 = Cooper (RHD)
| | MF33 = Cooper (USA)
| | MF71 = Cooper S (LHD)
| | MF72 = Cooper S (RHD)
| | MF73 = Cooper S (USA)
| | MF91 = John Cooper Works (LHD)
| | MF92 = John Cooper Works (RHD)
| | MF93 = John Cooper Works (USA)
| | MG31 = Cooper Diesel (LHD)
| | MG32 = Cooper Diesel (RHD)
| | MH31 = One Clubman (LHD)
| | MH32 = One Clubman (RHD)
| | ML31 = Cooper Clubman (LHD)
| | ML32 = Cooper Clubman (RHD)
| | ML33 = Cooper Clubman (USA)
| | MM31 = Cooper S Clubman (LHD)
| | MM32 = Cooper S Clubman (RHD)
| | MM33 = Cooper S Clubman (USA)
| | MM91 = John Cooper Works Clubman (LHD)
| | MM92 = John Cooper Works Clubman (RHD)
| | MM93 = John Cooper Works Clubman (USA)
| | MN51 = Cooper Diesel Clubman (LHD)
| | MN52 = Cooper Diesel Clubman (RHD)
| | MR31 = Cooper Convertible (LHD)
| | MR32 = Cooper Convertible (RHD)
| | MR33 = Cooper Convertible (USA)
| | MS31 = Cooper S Convertible (LHD)
| | MS32 = Cooper S Convertible (RHD)
| | MS33 = Cooper S Convertible (USA)
| | MS91 = John Cooper Works Convertible (LHD)
| | MS92 = John Cooper Works Convertible (RHD)
| | MS93 = John Cooper Works Convertible (USA)

Mini Ecosse
4th February 2010, 07:17 AM
Very nice Stephen. :thumbs up: Best blue colour ever. :D

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the MF92?:confused:

A. :D

mini hatch jcw

Mini Ecosse
4th February 2010, 07:19 AM
:thumbs up: Sounds a cracker, I do like the "all one colour" cars and the seats will add a real bit of class. Roll on delivery day.

Thanks, the "all one colour" is like a blank canvas for graphics.

MINI William
4th February 2010, 09:33 AM
Sounds very nice

ianking
4th February 2010, 09:34 AM
Ah very nice.

I have been thinking if I change the car early next year and 'IF' I go for another mini it would be another JCW and I was gonne do laser blue all over.
Sounds like it will be very nice with the seats.
You would be as well adding the heated seats option as it doesnt cost much, the JCW recaros all come with heaters in them but the car needs to be specced from the factory with the heated seats for them to work.

Delboy
4th February 2010, 09:48 AM
mini hatch jcw

Sounds like a cracker :thumbs up:. Nice colour choice too... :Whistle:.

Craig
4th February 2010, 11:22 AM
Nice one Stephen :clap:

GCA3N
4th February 2010, 11:37 AM
Looking forward to seeing it :thumbs up: