PDA

View Full Version : Tescos and PJs

Sheilz
28th January 2010, 08:26 PM
Today seems to be the day for nonsense stuff in the papers. Have been reading all the daily mail readers views on folk popping out to the supermarket in their PJs and slippers and am curious about what folk on here think about it.

On BBC there's been a significant proportion of people labelling the PJ shoppers as lazy, dirty and unhygienic benefit scroungers, lacking respect for themselves or others, how offended they've been by seeing it, lowering of standards, shameful etc etc. One person employed in education not sure in what capacity also stretched this wholesale labelling of people to include those who are still in PJs when they drop kids off at school.

Has anyone here ever rushed out late at night in PJs for milk, fags, etc? If you saw someone in their PJs would it bother you?

I once saw a woman in her PJs at petrol station in Montrose. It made me chuckle and wasn't in slightest bit offended by it. Did I make any assumptions about her? Yep! I assumed she'd gotten ready for bed and had forgotten that she needed petrol and wanted to avoid delay in the morning. Other than that nothing.

Any strong views on The Tesco ban?

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 08:30 PM
It's a terrible assumption to make, I would however say I could never leave the house in my PJ's. However seen if before and like you say had a wee chuckle at someone saying I don't care what folks think. Good on them.

Sheilz
28th January 2010, 08:35 PM
I once lurked in my PJs in the car coz I'd slept in and didn't want the bairn to be late for school. Normally wouldn't go to supermarket in PJs but who knows in the right circumstances I might.

Craig
28th January 2010, 08:44 PM
Farcical. :sad:

stoney
29th January 2010, 06:40 PM
well i have seen youner girls in there pjs in my local spar and dont see a big prob with it just been lasy for the day there nowt wrong with that i some times pop down the shop in my chef checks and a jumper there like my pjs

baptie
29th January 2010, 07:00 PM
its just one of the weirdest things walking thru tesco and coming across a lass in jammy trouser, slippers and a big teddy bear on her top.

Just shown how relaxed some folk are, its ok camping to walk about in your jammies but shopping.....na!

rpn
30th January 2010, 01:04 AM
What are PJ's? :confused: :D

I go to bed in my BS (birthday suits!) :p

baptie
30th January 2010, 12:35 PM
you need jammies in the winter, if not you wake up with a walnut whip!

Moan the birthday suit

N16SHP
30th January 2010, 12:42 PM
I've been down to Asda at midnight and several road trips to Baskin Robbins (31 Flavours) before in my pj bottoms but with a hoodie on top and a pair of dunlops. I'm not fussed what other folk think to be honest!

Gismo
30th January 2010, 12:44 PM
My mum used to go and get milk in her PJ's and that was a very long time ago.
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if i saw others doing the same

dellie
30th January 2010, 04:54 PM
Last year a friend of ours got married in Kenmore, we travelled down in the mini. So i didnt get the dress i was going to wear creased (we travelled down on the day) i wore my jamous (fleecy bottoms and a tshirt), we stopped at mcdonalds in forfar for food and i walked in to use the toilets, got some strange looks as my fleecy bottoms were bright pink with red hearts on them but i was comfy on the journey - i also had pants and a bra on so was fully dressed :-D

camjay
30th January 2010, 08:15 PM
I think Tesco's have gone a bit too far, but I have got to say. I absolutely hate this with a passion. This seems to be the daily uniform for SOME of the women in the north of Glasgow and I've seen it a lot in Dundee too (not just the morning - all day). I work from a health centre and they're down at appointments dressed like this - Ugg boots and jammies. Saw a girl in Tesco's in Springburn with her butt hanging out a pair of satin jammy shorts!!!! (Ok guys, don't all rush there at once LOL)! Why don't you switch off Jeremy Kyle, get off your lazy asses and get dressed for God's sake!!!

Scottie
30th January 2010, 08:25 PM
I see a lot worse going about than folks wearing PJ's.

Youngs lads with jeans half hanging down their arse.

Young ladies with their middles/fat hanging and with a huge horrible tattoo.

Crombers
31st January 2010, 12:36 AM
Don't see what all the fuss is about, do what you want....................

audrey
31st January 2010, 12:36 AM
Agree with you Scottie :thumbs up:

People out in their PJs doesn't bother me well used to seeing this now but the fat bellies hanging over the jeans is awful :frown: Only thing worse is when they bend down and all you see is a big fat bare bum YUK

Sheilz
31st January 2010, 01:54 AM
Yeah totally agree that some daywear verges on the indecent. Fat bellies and builders' bums are not nice. Makes you wonder if folk have stopped keeping mirrors in their houses. I would defo prefer to see someone happit up with cozy pjs than jeans hanging down to their queets.

Maybe PJs are the new alternative to leggings. Amn't up enough on fashion to say. I do think though that most people wouldn't feel comfortable going to appointments in town in their PJs with more laid back folk being happy enough to pop out for a quick errand. As far as I know no one has yet turned up in our office in PJs and from the judgements being made by daily mail readers this is the one place where you would expect to find them in fairly significant numbers though it could be the case that its not caught on in Aberdeen yet. I suppose at the end of the day it comes down to whatever standards have been instilled in us by our parents. I think though that there is a danger of making assumptions about people without really knowing enough about them.

Sheilz
31st January 2010, 02:00 AM
I think Tesco's have gone a bit too far, but I have got to say. I absolutely hate this with a passion. This seems to be the daily uniform for SOME of the women in the north of Glasgow and I've seen it a lot in Dundee too (not just the morning - all day). I work from a health centre and they're down at appointments dressed like this - Ugg boots and jammies. Saw a girl in Tesco's in Springburn with her butt hanging out a pair of satin jammy shorts!!!! (Ok guys, don't all rush there at once LOL)! Why don't you switch off Jeremy Kyle, get off your lazy asses and get dressed for God's sake!!!

I totally get what your saying. Some people can be picked out at sixty paces.

camjay
31st January 2010, 02:41 PM
Cheers Shielz, and I share the same view as you, randomly nipping out to the shops, dropping the kids of etc I totally get! Its the ones who wear this as daily "uniform" that I don't get! Its a real bugbear of mine. I wonder if you're right, maybe it is a fashion thing and being of a certain age, I'm not privvy to it! I would also have to agree with the "bellly" thing! I ain't no skinny myself, but the peirced belly button and gut haning over the jeans gives me the heave! LOL