PDA

View Full Version : Complaining

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 08:23 PM
The topic of complaining ,has reared it's ugly head again last week, certainly if you own a mini the ability to complain is generally a must.

Anyway it got a conversation going the other night and we were having a laugh at all the things I had sent back to manufactures or complained to them about a product not being satisfactory.

So I'd like to know of any unusual complaints or more importantly things you received as a result of complaining.

My list is quite long so here are best, these are all genuine and to be honest slightly embarrassing.

1. Sent back an empty packet of Halls bacon, packet stated 6-8 rashers , i got 5.
Halls sent me a voucher for 3 packs of bacon.

2. Sent a pair of 3 year old trainers back to Reebok, saying they never lasted long enough.
Reebok sent my £60 voucher.

3. Had an Atari lynx hand held that the charger socket went. Opened up and attempted to repair. Literally destroyed it and put it back together.
Atari got back and said they could not repair it and sent me a brand new one. (the console was 2 years old)

4. Got a take away Mcdonalds, got back to my work to find there was very little sauce on the burger.
Contacted Mcdonalds and they sent me a £5 voucher.

5. The best till last. Sent back a half bar of Kelloggs special K bar back to Kelloggs. saying I was deeply upset over the whole incident.
They sent a letter of apology and a voucher for 2x6 box of said bars.

Anyway anyone else as sad as me.

PS can do any letters on request.

Craig
28th January 2010, 08:39 PM
unbelievable...:thud:

I complained about the bricks on my newly built house, had to move out for 8 weeks while they took every brick off the house, threw them in the bin and rebuilt if from the ground up with new brick and a brickie that wasn't pished. :thud:

They paid for my accomodation while we were out and gave us a high 4 figure cash compensation. :thumbs up:

It was a very stressful time tho...

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 08:43 PM
unbelievable...:thud:

I complained about the bricks on my newly built house, had to move out for 8 weeks while they took every brick off the house, threw them in the bin and rebuilt if from the ground up with new brick and a brickie that wasn't pished. :thud:

They paid for my accomodation while we were out and gave us a high 4 figure cash compensation. :thumbs up:

It was a very stressful time tho...

Nice one, that must have been fun for you lol

Fartin Martin
28th January 2010, 09:01 PM
Brilliant!!:lol:..love the kelloggs one..why was it so upsetting?? Lol

craig..that's equally as good!!bet they wer not happy bunnies!!:p

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 09:05 PM
Brilliant!!:lol:..love the kelloggs one..why was it so upsetting?? Lol

craig..that's equally as good!!bet they wer not happy bunnies!!:p

Obviously it wasn't. I actually wrote the letter as a joke. Saying things like it ruined my day, and I felt deeply let down. The thing Is I made the letter from my boss. So about 3 weeks later I get to work and my boss shouts through "Greig get in here" I was pmsl it was hilarious.

euan
29th January 2010, 12:02 PM
I complained to Pizza Express the other week. We went to a new one for lunch, it was virtually empty. The guy said they were taking bookings only, and his attitude sucked. We went somewhere else and walked past it on the way out (as you had to) and it was still almost empty. So I wrote an email to them to ask why they were turning people away, and why this guys attitude was bad. They emailed and phoned, apologised and gave us a load of vouchers for our next visit :-) Happy days!

I've complained loads, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 12:14 PM
I complained to Pizza Express the other week. We went to a new one for lunch, it was virtually empty. The guy said they were taking bookings only, and his attitude sucked. We went somewhere else and walked past it on the way out (as you had to) and it was still almost empty. So I wrote an email to them to ask why they were turning people away, and why this guys attitude was bad. They emailed and phoned, apologised and gave us a load of vouchers for our next visit :-) Happy days!

I've complained loads, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

As a nation I don't think we complain enough. Not for the sake of it but if it's not right then say something. What I would say is sometimes it's just easier to say nothing for an easy life.

Stewart
29th January 2010, 02:11 PM
I’m like that advert on TV, with the over active cringe glad. It takes a lot before I complain and I mean that in a bad way. My friend is brilliant he’s had firms phone him back asking if they can use his call for training purposes as he basically takes no prisoners.

I picked up my Cooper with three tyres with alloys perfect looking like they should with 1k on the clock and a fourth wheel looking like just about legal tread wise and a rip in the side wall and an alloy that was reconditioned badly.

And I drove off after doing the paper work. Took me a week to get it back and say I’m really annoyed at this and get a brand new wheel and tyre.

dellie
29th January 2010, 02:19 PM
My partner quite enjoys complaining, he wrote to Asda complaining how upset he was and how it was affecting his day to day life after they stopped supplying a sandwich spread he liked, we got £30 in vouchers and an apology from Asda

GCA3N
29th January 2010, 02:43 PM
My partner quite enjoys complaining, he wrote to Asda complaining how upset he was and how it was affecting his day to day life after they stopped supplying a sandwich spread he liked, we got £30 in vouchers and an apology from Asda

Brilliant !!

Forbes
29th January 2010, 03:01 PM
I just take it like a man. Never really complained