PDA

View Full Version : Are the police serious?

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2010, 07:36 PM
WTF are they doing ignoring all the eejits with illegal tyres, illegal use of fogs, no insurance, no tax, allowing rapists, murderers and burglars away scot free..... but if you blow your nose while you're car is stationery, 4 (FOUR) of them pounce like you're a paedophile!

BBC Clicky Linly (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8484978.stm)

A.:frown:

Forbes
28th January 2010, 07:37 PM
WTF are they doing ignoring all the eejits with illegal tyres, illegal use of fogs, no insurance, no tax, allowing rapists, murderers and burglars away scot free..... but if you blow your nose while you're car is stationery, 4 (FOUR) of them pounce like you're a paedophile!

BBC Clicky Linly (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8484978.stm)

A.:frown:

So funny but so stupid at the same time, Think they have targets to hit. Like, 5 offences a day?

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 07:58 PM
Look gonna read between the lines here. Before I was a plod I thought there were 2 sides to every story, when in actual fact it's at least 3. What I am getting at is there is more to this than what he is saying, think about it logically there is no way the police would have ticketed this guy if what he says is accurate. However I know what they can be like and have heard of worse stuff than this before.

The Dogfather
28th January 2010, 08:12 PM
Christ, I have allergies like you wouldn't believe. I wouldn't be able to drive before 9am and at all in summer.

Sheilz
28th January 2010, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately its the kind of thing that pushes public confidence in the police back to zero. What a colossal waste of public money apart from the fact that he should never been fined for it in the first place. Imagine if he was convicted - anyone with a common cold could find themselves in a similar situation. Besides blowing your nose does not involve the same involuntary movement as sneezing so woe betide anyone who happens to do so in front of the polis. Farcical situation. More to the point if they did something about all the idiots who continue to drive with a mobile attached to their lugs. ACC could refill its coffers no probs if they had the means of imposing financial penalty for that in Aberdeen.

Fartin Martin
28th January 2010, 08:23 PM
That Polis is a plamf!!..end of!

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 08:26 PM
Unfortunately its the kind of thing that pushes public confidence in the police back to zero..

That's the big issue here your right.

That Polis is a plamf!!..end of!

Agree 100%

I cannot believe at some of the stories I here nowadays.

Craig
28th January 2010, 08:43 PM
:laugh:

I heard the guy on the radio this afternoon.... Just don't pay the fine.. Imagine the PF looking at that case... :thud: It just wouldn't make it to court. :thumbs up:

Gismo
28th January 2010, 11:22 PM
:laugh:

I heard the guy on the radio this afternoon.... Just don't pay the fine.. Imagine the PF looking at that case... :thud: It just wouldn't make it to court. :thumbs up:Agreed

Delboy
28th January 2010, 11:59 PM
I'm sure the police chiefs are very embarrassed about this story now it's hit the news :yes nod:. Nearly as funny as the YouTube video of the two coppers sleeping in their car :laugh:.

zimbo
29th January 2010, 12:27 AM
This is just ANOTHER point adding to the fact that this country is going down hill RAPIDLY and NO WONDER people are leaving it as quick and as many as they are... The way things are going I might not be too far behind them either!! :ragin:

baptie
29th January 2010, 08:28 AM
The same cop gave out a £50 spot fine for littering, A guy had dropped a £10 note out of his pocket and never saw it.

Makes me think twice about blowing my nose in Ayr, specially when stationary and handbrake on.

Crombers
30th January 2010, 07:30 PM
What do you reckon the fine would be for picking your nose ??

illegalhunter
31st January 2010, 04:56 PM
Its all about revinue raising