PDA

View Full Version : Dentist

Scottie
26th January 2010, 02:30 PM
Don't you just hate going to the dentist then once your there they decide to pull a tooth.:argh:

Ivano
26th January 2010, 02:41 PM
Oh Don't..... you have just reminded me that i need to make an appointment :sad::sad:

zimbo
26th January 2010, 02:56 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I am unfortunately an almost regular visitor to my dentist and If I could earn airmiles or such like I could be a well travelled person on those airmiles. :D and I dont mind going to him.

Sheilz
26th January 2010, 03:28 PM
Best place I know of to go to the dentist is in Dubai. No drilling for filling, laser is less sairer (I need to get a life) Another three years before this kind of technology is available here outwith Harley St and such places.

AndyP & Lenore
26th January 2010, 04:01 PM
Dentists are the most vindictive pain-givers ever invented! WHO in their right mind goes through High School thinking to them selves.... "Hmmmm, wonder what I want to be when I grow up? I KNOW!!!! I'll inflict excruciating, endless, needless pain on some unsuspecting daftie that wonders into my surgery, for no reason whatsoever!" <<<Insert evil laugh MIDI file.:ragin::ragin:

Seriously though, my dentist is very good, very patient and understand us fearties need a bit more hand holding than some braver folk.:blush:

I feel your pain, Fi. I've had my share of single teeth extractions (so has Lenore for that matter) and they are NOT fun. Worst I ever had was all four wisdom teeth ripped out my jaw bone for no apparent reason other than "they looked like they needed to come out.":argh::ragin:

B@st@rds.:argh::argh::argh::ragin::ragin::ragin:

A.:D

PS. Promtly changed dentists after that.:thumbs up:

A.

Livi
26th January 2010, 05:42 PM
I absolutly love the dentist :D:D:D

Ive been that many times they offered me to there staff night out!

Scottie
26th January 2010, 05:44 PM
I had a lump on my gum that I noticed a week past Friday tooth had a wee niggle in it prior to this. It was a crown that had root treatment so no pain unless I/they the dentist pressed the lump and I went through the roof with pain. They gave me some antibiotics which done nothing so went back today to the wee lass (as my dentist is on holiday:argh:) she asked the senior dentist the one that owns the practice to have a look which took about 30mins the wee lass explained how the lump and been soft but was now hard and he said yip it is a compacted something or other and best to get the tooth out.

I could just tell the wee lass would have her hands full taking this tooth out and she did was at it for bl00dy ages pressing and pressing I was just about to tell her to give it me and I'll yank it out when she shouted that's it the tooth is out. :frown::frown: Now that pain is worse that before :argh::argh:

Been spitting blood all afternoon went back but they assure me that it has clotted ok.

euan
26th January 2010, 06:13 PM
Nasty Fi.

I had a fantastic dentist in Edinburgh, well, North Berwick, superb guy I played hockey with.

The one in London was also great, she knew I wasn't the best at dentists and always looked after me. Saw me at short notice a couple of times as well when I chipped a tooth the week before I was due to get married!

Need to find a new one now, but the village has a local NHS guy who is taking people on, happy days!

And Andy - I alsways thought debtists were people who went to medical school and thought, you know what, I'll just take the section on teeth and be done with it. 7 years seems too much hard work!

Crombers
26th January 2010, 06:31 PM
Sorry to hear your plight Fi. I've also got a season book with my dentist. Lost my first 2 teeth in the last 3 years & have my last 'wisdom' tooth under watch!! , woopee!!

Toothache is THE worst pain ever.

20 plus broken bones were a doddle in comparison.

Craig
26th January 2010, 06:33 PM
I was just at the dentist yesterday to get a crown put back in (it fell out at the weekend)... I get on great with my dentist as I was one of his first patients when he set up his own practice... I have been sooooo many times over the years, mostly down to my earlier years of loving full fat fizzy juice and sweeties.. :lol:

Scottie
26th January 2010, 07:00 PM
I am so glad I am not the only one that is a frequent visitor with the dentist.

I am ashamed to say that in total I now only have 16 teeth left the rest including wisdom teeth have all been pulled.

The thing is I looked after my teeth right from the off but my gums have all shrung.:frown::frown:

Actually I will be glad when I have a full set of dentures.:blush:

Scottie
28th January 2010, 07:30 PM
Can I just say.
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh: :argh::argh::argh::argh:
:ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin: :ragin: :ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin:
:sad:

Is how I am feeling today. Infection in the socket, dry socket, swollen face size of a tennis ball.

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2010, 07:46 PM
Aw Fi, I feel your pain. Well, not literally. But I do feel sorry for you.:sad:

Puts my zits into perspective.:blush:

A.

MrMischief
28th January 2010, 08:24 PM
I don't mind if your dentist decides to pull out your teeth...do some crown & bridge work....replace them with implants or anything really.

Could be due to the fact I manufacture teeth, alginate impression material, denture base materials and also install dental surgeries & dental labs :thumbs up:

And I'm not overly keen on going myself but I've been quite lucky with strong teeth.

Sheilz
28th January 2010, 08:38 PM
Can I just say.
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh: :argh::argh::argh::argh:
:ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin: :ragin: :ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin:
:sad:

Is how I am feeling today. Infection in the socket, dry socket, swollen face size of a tennis ball.

Aw that's a shame from me too. Toothache is nasty and because most of us have been there we can seriously sympathise with you. Hope the antibiotics kick in quick.

Craig
28th January 2010, 08:46 PM
:sad: feel sorry for you Fi. Hope it gets better... :thumbs up:

Scottie
17th August 2010, 12:13 PM
back at the dentist today 9.30am two teeth extracted don't you just hate those wee jags they do in to the roof of your mouth...... another two months to wait until I get my plate so no steaks for me for a while.

I think to cheer myself up a wee visit to the shops is required this afternoon h'mm either some clothes shopping maybe a visit to the opticians for a pair of new glasses or maybe I'll just buy myself that link bracelet I've been looking at.

Big Gordy
17th August 2010, 01:03 PM
My dad used to take me to the toy shop after being to the dentist too Fi :p In those days it was gas for an extraction......yuck..!!

Stewart
17th August 2010, 01:33 PM
My uncle Stewart is my Dentist, and because you know the dentist I always felt I’d have to put a brave face to it. I hated the old gas, I was always sick after it. The jags are night and day but still not pleasant that’s for sure.

Thing is I prefer to get those bad boys frozen out just in case, while my Uncle goes with the view lets just se how we get on for fillings etc without the jag. Even with him saying “its just pressure” does not help me…I'm sure he thinks he can get away with more with me as in reality he's doing the work for free.

I was off to the dentist last year when my Window got smacked and cracked and that was before I got there, so not a great day.

Livi
17th August 2010, 01:48 PM
I was always scared of the dentist from what i got done when i was younger, so being a man, i had to go after missing it soo many years.

In 2 sessions my total was:

19 needles
10 white fillings
2 extractions

and a......

light bill for £144 as it was NHS :D :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th August 2010, 03:01 PM
shopping will always dull the ache

Ferengo
17th August 2010, 03:48 PM
I had 9 and a half adult teeth out as they were too large. Completely healthy but just too big. That was a nightmare, but everything since then has been a doddle in comparison.

The best anesthetic in my opinion is when you have a busty dentist. That always eases the pain for me. :thumbs up::p:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Scottie
17th August 2010, 05:30 PM
Well I have always gone to dentist brushed my teeth morning and night looked after them and now at the age of 47 I have a total of fifteen teeth left and that's including my wisdom teeth I have one of them left. I've just been unlucky it's my gums that have shrunk, anyway not long and I'll only be about 5 teeth down and hopefully back to having a good chew at my food.

Went to the shops and now have a lovely links bracelet with charm, blouse and jacket to help heel the pain...

Sheilz
17th August 2010, 07:30 PM
Went to the shops and now have a lovely links bracelet with charm, blouse and jacket to help heel the pain...

nice one :thumbs up: Can we have some pics of the bracelet :D

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2010, 07:05 PM
Well I have always gone to dentist brushed my teeth morning and night looked after them and now at the age of 47 I have a total of fifteen teeth left and that's including my wisdom teeth I have one of them left. I've just been unlucky it's my gums that have shrunk, anyway not long and I'll only be about 5 teeth down and hopefully back to having a good chew at my food.

Really feel your pain Fi.:frown:

It's probably years of a smoking habit coming up to bite you in the ass no doubt.:blush:

A.

Scottie
18th August 2010, 07:47 PM
could be but I doubt it started getting my teeth out starting age 16... my mum had the same problem and had all her teeth out by the time she was 21.

I always suffer nice swollen face tonight jaw dislocated as usual during getting it pushed down to snap away from the bone but the dentist gets it back in no problem.

Gismo
18th August 2010, 08:55 PM
I feel your pain Fi, i have the same gum problem :sad: