PDA

View Full Version : Rear silencer bracket cooper s

jaffamaster
26th January 2010, 01:58 PM
Rear silencer brackets rusted away on the left hand side of our cooper s, went into Phoenix Kirkcaldy and bought a new one with the intentions of fitting it myself over the weekend - got the car jacked up, removed part of the old bracket - then noticed they supplied the wrong part:frown: by then I recon removing the far away bracket from the rubber gromet was going to be very difficult and decided to call it a day:confused:

The only good thing to come from this was pressure washing with the wheel removed, grit and sand etc all over the suspension, brakes etc and allowed the opertunity to clean inside the alloys!!!

Has anyone esle experinced problems with this bracket? do the run of the mill tyre places carry these brackets?

Livi
26th January 2010, 05:47 PM
These are very very common to rust and break, i cant count how many times i have sold these.

Very very unsure if someone but a dealer would stock them, but careful on being supplied wrong ones.

Numbers you require:

18.20.1.490.023 (left upper)
18.20.1.490.025 (lower)

jaffamaster
26th January 2010, 10:54 PM
These are very very common to rust and break, i cant count how many times i have sold these.

Very very unsure if someone but a dealer would stock them, but careful on being supplied wrong ones.

Numbers you require:

18.20.1.490.023 (left upper)
18.20.1.490.025 (lower)

Thanks mate, what do use usually charge to supply and fit?

Livi
27th January 2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks mate, what do use usually charge to supply and fit?

Hi bud,

Parts and labour with NMS is: £94.87 for the left side to be fixed inc vat and discount

jaffamaster
27th January 2010, 09:14 PM
Hi bud,

Parts and labour with NMS is: £94.87 for the left side to be fixed inc vat and discount

ok, thanks for taking the time to reply:thumbs up: