PDA

View Full Version : I see......

Big Gordy
25th January 2010, 05:48 PM
......Rossi was only 0.23 seconds off the lap record on the last day of his Ferrari test :thumbs up:

From MCN website........

Rain and fog couldn’t prevent Valentino Rossi from showing his prowess on four wheels as the Italian bike legend ended a two-day test session in a 2008 Ferrari F1 car thrilled with his pace.
Rossi, who is aiming to win an eighth MotoGP world title in 2010, finished his sixth test behind the wheel of a Ferrari F1 car at the Catalunya circuit in Spain with a best time of 1.21.900.
Rossi set his best time on his penultimate lap of the test, which was arranged by Ferrari as a gift for the Fiat Yamaha rider notching his ninth world title on two wheels last season.
The 30-year-old, who won six races in the 2009 MotoGP world championship, said: “We kept the last three quarters of an hour to try a ‘time attack’ with little petrol and fresh tyres. I would have given anything for such a lap time.”
Comparing his last Ferrari experience in Mugello at the end of 2008, Rossi added: “It’s more fun here, because it’s a little bit easier. It’s more effort in Mugello, but this track here is really wonderful, with motorbikes and cars, although I have to say that turn 10 is a little tight and you’re braking much later.
"I want to thank Ferrari, but especially Domenicali and Montezemolo, for giving me this present.”
Ferrari’s Luca Baldisserri praised Rossi’s latest performance and said: “We tried different set ups and he improved a lot. This means that the driver learns quickly and has room for improvement.”

euan
25th January 2010, 08:22 PM
And Massa went out the next day and went 3 seconds better ;-)

It was on James Allens blog but that appears to be down just now.

zimbo
26th January 2010, 12:07 PM
Yup just goes to show that Rossi can drive as well as he can ride...:clap: