PDA

View Full Version : MINI Wiper Blades

Scottie
24th January 2010, 03:51 PM
Nearly time for a new set of wiper blades always replace once winter is out. I'm a aerotwin flat wiper blade fan.

I've been looking at the Sparco ones and fancy getting them. Only thing is the word Sparco seems to a bit bold on them and I'm to old for all that chav crap. Anyone seen them in the flesh or better still have them fitted to their car.

stoney
24th January 2010, 06:23 PM
colin had some on his checkmate i think where do u get them fi cos i like the look of hem as well

Scottie
24th January 2010, 06:36 PM
colin had some on his checkmate i think where do u get them fi cos i like the look of hem as well

I currently have the same type as Colin got them form ebay. Size 18" for both side is what you need. The left side will not hit the windscreen when at rest about 1" but when sweeping the window it hits the window ok all but for a wee bit a the bottom of the sweep. Nice and smooth wipe and to date I've had no judder.

link for Sparco what do you think.

http://www.priracing.com/product.php/2791/437/sparco-aero-wiper-blade--single----16-inch-/b06ff138e28fd5778ffff4e0fd7eed87

Sheilz
24th January 2010, 07:00 PM
Would 18ins be for all models? There are times when I think my wipers are merely skimming over the window which is a real pest when its very heavy rain, dark and with oncoming headlights. That's the one time I hate driving in town coz always think I'm about to swipe or be swiped by oncoming traffic. Does anyone know how to stop blades smearing the window on its last swipe. That's just such a damned pest. I always wipe the blades when I wash the car or windows so not sure what that's about at all.

Scottie
24th January 2010, 07:04 PM
the norm is 19" left and 18" drivers but with the flat blades you need 18" both sides or you would even have more of the wiper not touching the windscreen ( left side only) when at the rest. As I said the left wiper on the sweep action misses at bit at the bottom left corner but the clearing on the windscreen is much better imo. that and they look much better than MINI wipers.

KenL
24th January 2010, 08:47 PM
the norm is 19" left and 18" drivers but with the flat blades you need 18" both sides or you would even have more of the wiper not touching the windscreen ( left side only) when at the rest. As I said the left wiper on the sweep action misses at bit at the bottom left corner but the clearing on the windscreen is much better imo. that and they look much better than MINI wipers.

I tried these on my R56 Cooper, and ditched them straight away as I did not think they were any good. They worked brilliantly on my Golf but it had a totally flat screen.

I think the OEM ones are the best I have used on the MINI.

Scottie
24th January 2010, 08:50 PM
I tried these on my R56 Cooper, and ditched them straight away as I did not think they were any good. They worked brilliantly on my Golf but it had a totally flat screen.

I think the OEM ones are the best I have used on the MINI.

what made you think they were no good when sweeping the window.?? much smoother than the OEM ones I've had them fitted to a few of my mini's now and prior to that I had the PIAA ones fitted.

Sheilz
24th January 2010, 11:47 PM
PIAA ones are quite pricey in comparison to the sparco ones. Quality or branding?

N16SHP
25th January 2010, 11:53 AM
Would 18ins be for all models? There are times when I think my wipers are merely skimming over the window which is a real pest when its very heavy rain, dark and with oncoming headlights. That's the one time I hate driving in town coz always think I'm about to swipe or be swiped by oncoming traffic. Does anyone know how to stop blades smearing the window on its last swipe. That's just such a damned pest. I always wipe the blades when I wash the car or windows so not sure what that's about at all.

Sheilz, I use Rain-x on my windows, as before that, my wipes used to jump across the window when I was doing more that 20. Now they are like butter, and its super easy to use. Just spray on and wipe off with a microfibre towel!

Sheilz
25th January 2010, 02:32 PM
Sheilz, I use Rain-x on my windows, as before that, my wipes used to jump across the window when I was doing more that 20. Now they are like butter, and its super easy to use. Just spray on and wipe off with a microfibre towel!

I've used rain-x before but its only really effective on the open road when you can get some speed up. Have to say my first impression of AG window polish has been very positive so am hoping that using that stuff contributes to improved wiper function. Amn't getting any opportunity to try it out just now :sad: but hopefully the cast will be off soon and downsized to a support bandage :thumbs up: so I will be able to take Dougall out to stretch his legs :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
25th January 2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah, id say the same that it only works at speed, but for keeping your window clean and stopping wipers jumping, i like it!