PDA

View Full Version : Whats my car worth - 2003 Cooper S

jaffamaster
24th January 2010, 02:11 PM
Hi Folks, unfortunatley it's getting nearer the time to depart from our mini:sad: she's been a cracking little car, but size and comfort are now becoming an issue, we are now considering selliing to buy a bigger family car, currently looking at Audi A4s....

Our mini is a 2003 model Cooper S, chilli pack, half leather, multi function steering wheel, almost imaculate condition - 4 new runflats, full service history and only 39,000mls:smilewinkgrin:

Any idea what they are worth now, paid 8.5k for it a 11/2 years ago:yes nod: don't suppose I'll get anything near that now:sad:

Look forward to your feedback, happy motoring:thumbs up:

GCA3N
24th January 2010, 03:01 PM
Looking about I think if you were selling it privately advertise it at £6500 but be willing to negotiate, certainly no less than 6K. If you are trading up then your gonna be offered around the 5.5K, but that would depend on where you go, I would imagine you would get slightly more from BMW. They will be selling these for 7-8 K ish so that should give you a rough estimation. What I would say is I have had a look about and there seems to be a lot less S's than cooper/one models about, so that should stand in your favour. Hope this helps

Crombers
24th January 2010, 03:32 PM
Simplest way is to look up Autotrader & see what similar 'private' cars, age, spec & milage are going for.

GCA3N
24th January 2010, 03:54 PM
Autotrader has loads from 5k to 7k, all 03/53 cooper S, depending on Spec, mileage etc and obviously over pricing sellers. However I gave you figures based on latest glasses guide. I think for yours, on spec, age, mileage and so on you won't be far away on the figures I gave you.

Craig
24th January 2010, 06:56 PM
yeah, I agree with Greig. £6k would be the minimum I would expect, but if someone is willing to pay more, then take it. ! :clap:

Sheilz
24th January 2010, 07:40 PM
if 6K is all this car is worth then I did extremely well when specy went for 4200. I never realised that a low mileage car wouldn't really fare much better. That's only maybe 1300 of difference plus I got the benefit of an extra 115K miles worth of fun.

I do hope you get a good price for it.

Big Gordy
25th January 2010, 10:31 AM
I'll swap you my A4 for it:smilewinkgrin: Just run in nicely with 129,000 on the clock:p

RyanK
25th January 2010, 11:01 AM
Just to kinda relate numbers.

For my 55 plate S (fully freakin loaded haha :D) against a new mini, I was only getting 8k for my car. 4k loss in 6 months...cheers!

Think this means that the R56's are now well established & the price of the R53's are only gonna get lower. Rather unfortunate like

jaffamaster
26th January 2010, 01:53 PM
I'll swap you my A4 for it:smilewinkgrin: Just run in nicely with 129,000 on the clock:p

Hi Folks, thanks for your input, interesting to read your comments - not in any hurry to make a decission, in fact the wife is back tracking faster than Brown over Iraq:yes nod:

Shame about the milage or a deal could have been on the cards:thumbs up: