PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray in the Australian Open

AndyP & Lenore
24th January 2010, 02:56 AM
Is anyone else up at 2am watching Andy Murray's 4th round match in the Australian open?

A.

Sheilz
24th January 2010, 03:13 AM
Naw! Just having a gander on NMS. Now there's something different to do. Cheers

zimbo
24th January 2010, 11:23 AM
Andy P :hand: :rolleyes:

Ivano
24th January 2010, 12:33 PM
Briiliant that he got through...

Now all the fun starts in the next round or should i say anxiety and stress with Nadal in the Q Final...

euan
24th January 2010, 12:44 PM
I stayed up to watch the first set, then realised I'd missed most of the tie-break as I'd been asleep on the sofa!

GCA3N
24th January 2010, 02:50 PM
Is anyone else up at 2am watching Andy Murray's 4th round match in the Australian open?

A.

Was that against the 6'9'' guy?

euan
24th January 2010, 08:50 PM
Was that against the 6'9'' guy?

Aye, he was some size! Made Murray look a midget, and he's over 6'!!!

Delboy
24th January 2010, 09:00 PM
Another convincing win for Andy Murray :thumbs up:. Hope he can keep up this good form against Nadal...

AndyP & Lenore
24th January 2010, 11:01 PM
Another convincing win for Andy Murray :thumbs up:. Hope he can keep up this good form against Nadal...

Hope so Del. And he'll have to to get passed Nadal, 'cos he's playing really well just now too.

But, got to say, Andy was playing the best I've seen him for a long time last night. He seemed to actually be enjoying the match, which I haven't seem him do for quite a while.:thumbs up:

A.:D

euan
26th January 2010, 10:09 AM
Get in, watching it live now while sitting in the office - happy days.

AndyP & Lenore
26th January 2010, 10:36 AM
Me too. Got up nice and early to watch it on BBC HD.

"C'MON!":thumbs up:

Delboy
26th January 2010, 11:11 AM
Watching the score on my phone and calling my wife at home for updates - come on Andy!!

GCA3N
26th January 2010, 11:47 AM
Watching it at home too del great game.

AndyP & Lenore
26th January 2010, 12:29 PM
It's a real shame, Nadal almost looks like he's given up. His knee must be really bad.:sad:

Terrific match so far though.:thumbs up:

GCA3N
26th January 2010, 12:35 PM
Great result for murry he was amazing.

AndyP & Lenore
26th January 2010, 12:38 PM
Great result for murry he was amazing.

Absolutely. And even if Raffa hadn't retired, the scores were on the doors and he was gonna take the match. and I guess you take a win any way you can, but a real shame for Raffa. Hope his knees are OK.:thumbs up:

euan
26th January 2010, 02:14 PM
Absolutely. And even if Raffa hadn't retired, the scores were on the doors and he was gonna take the match. and I guess you take a win any way you can, but a real shame for Raffa. Hope his knees are OK.:thumbs up:

You have to think his knees are a weak point, he's always had issues and this is the first slam of the year - doesn't bode well.

Murray had him though, he looks to be the form player at the moment, though Fed looks to be back nearing his best as well - could be an interesting few days!

Ivano
26th January 2010, 02:16 PM
Great result... Shame it was the result of a retirement from Nadal considering how well Murray was playing... It would have been seen as a huge win if he had won the 3 sets by playing the whole match...

But anyway he is in the Semi and i think he will get by Cillic despite what people have been saying in the tennis world that neither Murray or Nadal would defeat Cillic on his current form...

Andy Murray you go and show them.... :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Scottie
26th January 2010, 07:17 PM
good one Andy followed it when I could at my work today sneaking on the BBC website.:smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2010, 10:15 AM
Well, the lads back out in the Semi Final. And early signs are that Cilic could prove dangerous.

A.

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 10:47 AM
Andy is not playing great so far. Mo'n andy!

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2010, 11:08 AM
Playing better second set.:thumbs up:

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 11:17 AM
Fingers crossed 2nd set looks good.Even better with the HD too.

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2010, 11:22 AM
Fingers crossed 2nd set looks good.Even better with the HD too.

Greig, you watching Eurosport HD or BBC HD. Commentary on BBC is much better. John Lloyd courtside and Tim Henman in the UK.

A.

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 11:43 AM
Greig, you watching Eurosport HD or BBC HD. Commentary on BBC is much better. John Lloyd courtside and Tim Henman in the UK.

A.

BBC one like you say much better commentry.

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 12:07 PM
What a set. Come on Andy!

Gismo
28th January 2010, 12:17 PM
I'm watching it too, come on Andy

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 12:19 PM
I'm watching it too, come on Andy

Great game so far.

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2010, 12:22 PM
4th Set looking good!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Gismo
28th January 2010, 12:43 PM
Fantastic result

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 12:46 PM
Oh yes brilliant diplay what about that shot in the last game.

N16SHP
28th January 2010, 12:53 PM
That was brilliant! I've seen Federer do it at Wimbledon last year in his first round match, and on the ATP a good few years back, but both were on the open side. To squeeze it between the post and the umpires chair was just unbelievable skill and a good hand full of luck!

euan
28th January 2010, 01:59 PM
Awesome result that. When is the final?

Gismo
28th January 2010, 02:00 PM
Awesome result that. When is the final?Sunday

shaunbhoy67
28th January 2010, 03:29 PM
its gonna be a great final cant wait, go on andy great result today some of his shot were unbelievable :thumbs up:

Delboy
29th January 2010, 12:13 AM
That was brilliant! I've seen Federer do it at Wimbledon last year in his first round match, and on the ATP a good few years back, but both were on the open side. To squeeze it between the post and the umpires chair was just unbelievable skill and a good hand full of luck!

Some of us were working this morning :sad: but I caught up with some highlights tonight and I totally loved that shot between the net and the umpire's chair - awesome :yes nod:. Can't wait to see the final on Sunday - c'mon Andy!

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2010, 01:15 AM
Good luck tomorrow Andy!:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Hope he can wipe that smug grin off Federer's mug tomorrow.

Some of the interviews Federer's done the past couple of days have been quite unprofessional.:frown:

Crombers
31st January 2010, 01:37 AM
Good luck tomorrow Andy!:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Hope he can wipe that smug grin off Federer's mug tomorrow.

Some of the interviews Federer's done the past couple of days have been quite unprofessional.:frown:

Maybe he knows AM is gonna be a BIG test :yes nod:

Alarm set for tomorrow :thumbs up:

Scottie
31st January 2010, 08:50 AM
I'm up .

GCA3N
31st January 2010, 09:04 AM
Will be recording it. What's the chances of me not finding out the score.

Craig
31st January 2010, 09:46 AM
A few of my friends have went to the Dunblane Centre to watch it there. They were putting on bacons rolls and drinks during the match :thumbs up: Lets hope he can do it, cos Federers comment about a Brit not winning in so many thousand years and then laughing, I just wanted to drag him out of the telly. Smug Git ! :argh:

Craig
31st January 2010, 09:50 AM
Murray broken in the second game....:frown: I have a bad feeling....:rolleyes:

The Dogfather
31st January 2010, 10:13 AM
I hope he does it, it'll be a huge weight off his shoulders if he can.

camjay
31st January 2010, 02:47 PM
Bad luck. Just wasn't on game today! He's still a young guy, and he's going to win a grand slam sooner or later. It was quite nice to see Murray in tears - never been a huge fan of him, but it made me warm to him a bit more!

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2010, 03:13 PM
Gutted for Andy. He played well, but the UK commentary was spot on... He's looked like he was more waiting for Fed to loose, than playing for Andy to win. He played better against Nadal and Cilic, but today, you have to hand it to smug Fed, Andy was outplayed today.

Like others have said, he's 22, and has a long Slam career ahead of him.:thumbs up:

N16SHP
31st January 2010, 08:07 PM
It doesn't matter if it was Pete Sampras in his day on the otherside of the tape, Federer was just amazing in the 1st two sets! As Big Rodge said, Andy is too good a player not to win a slam. Nadal and Federer both probably only have 3 good years ahead of them, possibly even less for Nadal, and Andy will have to be able to beat Djokovic, Del Potro and Cilic on regular basis (which i'm confident he can!)

Mat's on Eurosport said it spot on today. "Andy Murray has been probably the best player in the world in the past 6 months, the only thing that goes against that, is that he doesn't have a slam title to prove it!"

AndyP & Lenore
31st January 2010, 08:50 PM
It doesn't matter if it was Pete Sampras in his day on the otherside of the tape, Federer was just amazing in the 1st two sets! As Big Rodge said, Andy is too good a player not to win a slam. Nadal and Federer both probably only have 3 good years ahead of them, possibly even less for Nadal, and Andy will have to be able to beat Djokovic, Del Potro and Cilic on regular basis (which i'm confident he can!)

Mat's on Eurosport said it spot on today. "Andy Murray has been probably the best player in the world in the past 6 months, the only thing that goes against that, is that he doesn't have a slam title to prove it!"

Probably the best summing up of the day I've read so far.:thumbs up: Agree 100% with all of the above.:thumbs up:

Crombers
31st January 2010, 09:09 PM

I'll go with that too. It was on TV at work & it sounded as if the Swiss bloke was sublime ....................

GCA3N
31st January 2010, 10:59 PM
Managed to watch game tonight, never heard the result all day, remarkable really, thanks to all on the run for not spoiling it. The only thing wrong with the game was the result what a magnificent performance from both players, Federer's tennis was sublime Andy will have is day soon.

N16SHP
1st February 2010, 04:04 PM
Probably the best summing up of the day I've read so far.:thumbs up: Agree 100% with all of the above.:thumbs up:

Joys of working in a local tennis shop ;)