PDA

View Full Version : What a week.

GCA3N
23rd January 2010, 11:12 AM
Well I know I cleaned the car last Friday, so don't think it happened when my car was left in Aberdeen, anyway cleaning the car yesterday and found a scuff on the back bumper corner. Looks like someone has clipped it.......:argh::argh::argh::argh::frown:

It's not that bad certainly noticeable enough for it to annoy me. Anyway this could be the catalyst for the new kit, now just need to get £1200 saved up.

Craig
23rd January 2010, 11:32 AM
This really annoys me... People do it all the time and don't have the decency to own up... :argh: Sell the new kit to Kim - you know you can... Remember and mention the cost to fix this versus the cost of the new kit...:lol:

GCA3N
23rd January 2010, 11:37 AM
Already there dude, showed her it last night and she said it won't be much for that, here's what I replied.

I said that it would have to get done at the BMW dealership, for the warranty and that, then they will need to respray the whole bumper and part of the wing due to the metallic paint. I said it would probably be around the £500 mark. If I get the new kit I could probably get £300 for the one removed so it's not really worth going for the respray job. I cannot write down what she replied. It I had the spare cash it would be getting done this week, anyway will make do till the summer then who knows.

N16SHP
23rd January 2010, 12:26 PM
I think if you order through David, it will come in at about £990 will it not? Im sure I enquired before and I was about that!

GCA3N
23rd January 2010, 12:38 PM
I think if you order through David, it will come in at about £990 will it not? Im sure I enquired before and I was about that!

I thought it was more, I presume there's fitting on top of that too.

N16SHP
23rd January 2010, 12:53 PM
The kit as far as I can see is pretty easy to fit the kit. There are a couple of How To's kicking about with pics etc!

GCA3N
23rd January 2010, 01:47 PM
The kit as far as I can see is pretty easy to fit the kit. There are a couple of How To's kicking about with pics etc!

Cheers.

Forbes
23rd January 2010, 02:17 PM
Well I know I cleaned the car last Friday, so don't think it happened when my car was left in Aberdeen, anyway cleaning the car yesterday and found a scuff on the back bumper corner. Looks like someone has clipped it.......:argh::argh::argh::argh::frown:

It's not that bad certainly noticeable enough for it to annoy me. Anyway this could be the catalyst for the new kit, now just need to get £1200 saved up.

Be very surprised if it was another car up there, unless the boy has scraped the Porsche next door. Also kids know to avoid the cars

GCA3N
23rd January 2010, 02:23 PM
Be very surprised if it was another car up there, unless the boy has scraped the Porsche next door. Also kids know to avoid the cars

Don't worry, don't think it was either, just one of those things.

Forbes
23rd January 2010, 02:30 PM
Don't worry, don't think it was either, just one of those things.

Would like to think if it was anyone they would of told me.