PDA

View Full Version : Argyll & Bute V - Sunday 20th June 2010

Craig
21st January 2010, 10:25 PM
Last year's run thread is HERE (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?16180-Argyll-Bute-IV-Sunday-9th-August-2009) :thumbs up:

Trying to fit this in between the BIG runs at the early start of the run season and my hols. ;)

Start will be in Callander and the finish will be in Balloch (Loch Lomond) :thumbs up:

More details near the time, I may look at an amendment to the end of the route as per Stewarts comments :D

UPDATE 28 April 2010:- Please see Google Map links below showing the route with each stop marked (A, B, C, etc..). You can browse the route easily, zoom in and out of each area, view satellite image of route, print maps, print directions for the route and even switch on "Street View" by clicking on one of the steps in the directions (you will then see a photo of the road or junction from that point in the route - this is awesome!). Don't worry though if you are not comfortable with printing your own maps and directions, the formal "Run Notes" are also available below :thumbs up:.

The morning route (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Station+Rd&daddr=A82+to:B8074+to:56.434206,-4.868081+to:A85&hl=en&geocode=FY48WgMdoKW__w%3BFcYkXQMdGh-4_w%3BFXqdXQMdnj22_w%3B%3BFX7gXAMdGHOs_w&mra=mi&mrcr=1,2&mrsp=3&sz=17&via=2&sll=56.433577,-4.867995&sspn=0.003951,0.009602&ie=UTF8&ll=56.388063,-4.86969&spn=1.012611,2.458191&z=9)

The afternoon route (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=The+Ave+to:B839+to:56.226177,-4.8563+to:A814+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=FTjgXAMdunGs_w%3BFf_3WQMdJ4iy_w%3BFbq2WQMd 6bm0_w%3B%3BFZmhWAMdm5C2_w%3BFfKLVgMdTum5_w&mra=mi&mrcr=1,2&mrsp=3&sz=13&via=2,4&sll=56.227131,-4.867973&sspn=0.063554,0.153637&ie=UTF8&ll=56.225031,-5.037231&spn=0.508465,1.229095&z=10)

Run Notes:- http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/images/smilies//link.gif (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/run_notes/2010/argyle_&_bute_run_2010.pdf)

Name Please :yes nod:

1. Stoney
2. Ivan & Carol
3. Sav112
4. Mum and dad
5. Greig & Kim
6. Del & Michael
7. D3 JDA
8. Truckerbabe

Ivano
21st January 2010, 10:34 PM
Excellent news Craig...

Myself and Carol will be there, so stick us down :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Craig
21st January 2010, 10:48 PM
Excellent news Craig...

Myself and Carol will be there, so stick us down :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Well Done :clap:

Stewart
21st January 2010, 11:38 PM
That’s right bring up two runs at once.......Can I go provisional on this one as right now I’m driving up from the Yorkshire dales via the lakes on the Saturday 19th or the 12th still to be worked out.

But if I’m back up the 12th I’ll be there.

AndyP & Lenore
21st January 2010, 11:42 PM
As explained on t'phone tonight mate, we will more than likely be away to the BTCC at Croft that day.:argh: Really want to see more touring cars this year. If plans change will deffo be there though.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Scottie
21st January 2010, 11:42 PM
No can do away on my holidays

Sheilz
22nd January 2010, 12:17 AM
Can I be a maybe please? Depends on work, not just mine but Munro's too.

stoney
22nd January 2010, 09:05 AM
put me down please

Craig
22nd January 2010, 09:30 AM
That’s right bring up two runs at once.......Can I go provisional on this one as right now I’m driving up from the Yorkshire dales via the lakes on the Saturday 19th or the 12th still to be worked out.

But if I’m back up the 12th I’ll be there.

I'll put you down as a maybe Stewart

As explained on t'phone tonight mate, we will more than likely be away to the BTCC at Croft that day.:argh: Really want to see more touring cars this year. If plans change will deffo be there though.:thumbs up:

A.:D

no probs mate - understand :thumbs up:

No can do away on my holidays

hope it's somewhere nice :clap:

Can I be a maybe please? Depends on work, not just mine but Munro's too.

Sorted.

put me down please

Done.

Mini Ecosse
22nd January 2010, 09:32 AM
FFS, cannae make this run either:argh::argh: Away on hols

GCA3N
22nd January 2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Craig Stick Kim and I down for just now, a little bit up in arms re. moving but should defo be up for this, TA.

Craig
22nd January 2010, 11:59 AM
Hey Craig Stick Kim and I down for just now, a little bit up in arms re. moving but should defo be up for this, TA.

Sorted.:yes nod:

Colin
22nd January 2010, 05:19 PM
Put me down as a maybe Craig, dont know whats happening holiday wise around that time.

Craig
22nd January 2010, 07:56 PM
Put me down as a maybe Craig, dont know whats happening holiday wise around that time.

will do Colin

Duncan Stewart
22nd January 2010, 09:38 PM
Sorry, were going to the BTCC at Croft that day

have a great run

Neil and Lorna
22nd January 2010, 10:57 PM
Sorry Craig.

Were on our holibags then so we canny go.:sad:

Neil and Lorna:D

Craig
23rd January 2010, 11:18 AM
No worries, thanks for letting me know... :D

Delboy
25th January 2010, 10:33 AM
Craig - please put me down for this run :thumbs up:.

Craig
25th January 2010, 11:42 AM
Craig - please put me down for this run :thumbs up:.

That's you added Del :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
27th January 2010, 01:10 AM
Apologies, Big Man, but I'll be coming home from a week's holiday at Porsonachan the night before and will have lots of stuff to attend to before work on the Monday. First Argyll & Bute I've missed for a while... I'll have to clone myself so that one of me can do the work while the other one has all the fun. I'm usually up at Portsonachan the week before, but the cottage was booked that week.

Craig
27th January 2010, 09:06 AM
No probs Euan. It can't be helped :D

leighj
31st January 2010, 11:53 AM
can you put my name down as maybe please

thanks

Craig
31st January 2010, 06:53 PM
can you put my name down as maybe please

thanks

Done :yes nod:

D3 JDA
1st February 2010, 12:58 AM
Craig put us down for the run cheers:cool:

Craig
1st February 2010, 08:33 AM

Sorted David.

GCA3N
1st February 2010, 09:57 AM

Good on ya!

Ally S
6th February 2010, 10:59 PM
cool, can you put my name down too cheers!

Craig
6th February 2010, 11:18 PM
cool, can you put my name down too cheers!

Done !

Stewart
9th February 2010, 12:38 AM
Just got sorted for the dates for my usual trip down south to the dales.

So all being well I willl be there.

Sheilz
9th February 2010, 05:01 AM

So all be well I willl be there.

So its yourself that Dougall will be 'stalking' then :thumbs up::laugh:

Craig
9th February 2010, 08:59 AM

So all be well I willl be there.

Well done Stewart ;)

Stewart
9th February 2010, 07:17 PM
:oops:Here I'm in twice, too early for some.

Craig
9th February 2010, 08:28 PM
:oops:Here I'm in twice, too early for some.

:blush: trying to do it all from an iPhone as I'm not allowed on NMS at work... always miss something... :rolleyes: :lol:

Craig
9th February 2010, 08:46 PM
Ok, I've been looking at the route for this year. I have always had complaints (some more than others... :rolleyes:) that there is no toilet stop in the afternoon. Well I am looking at reversing the route and amending it slightly.. Looking at starting in Balloch around 10am and then going over Glen Fruin rather than Glen Douglas, plus stopping at Inverary for a pee stop. There is next to no parking in the town, but I am looking at Inverary Castle - according to their website, you can park for £1 and use the public toilet facilities. This area has fantastic roads and views, but they just don't cater for those that can't go 2 hours withoot a pee.. :lol: If anyone is going up that way sometime soon, can they maybe do a wee check and let me know... I am not going to make it up that way til late April at the earliest.. :rolleyes:

The rest of the route will be pretty much unchanged, finishing in Callander, although I am thinking about just finishing in Stirling (ie being more central).

Thoughts as always welcome. Also if someone already has been to the Castle and can answer the parking/pee problem.

Delboy
9th February 2010, 09:11 PM
Firstly, starting in Balloch would get my vote :thumbs up:.

Secondly, I visited Inverary Castle last summer and there was a decent amount of parking, although I could imagine it being pretty busy on a Sunday in June. I reckon we could squeeze in though even if we had to double park with each other (it's just an area of semi-prepared ground with no parking bays marked out). The toilets are inside the castle but you access them through the shop/cafe so you don't have to pay the castle entrance fee. I think it's a good plan :yes nod:.

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 09:46 PM
Craig what ever u decide is cool with me, I can go just about 2 hours these days so no issues on the toilet stop. My only concern is squeezing up in a car park, will jude be coming with u :lol:

Craig
9th February 2010, 09:50 PM
Craig what ever u decide is cool with me, I can go just about 2 hours these days so no issues on the toilet stop. My only concern is squeezing up in a car park, will jude be coming with u :lol:

:lol: Jude just said..... "tell him I'll do it properly next time" !!!! :thud: :laugh:

GCA3N
9th February 2010, 09:56 PM
:lol: Jude just said..... "tell him I'll do it properly next time" !!!! :thud: :laugh:

:laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2010, 10:25 PM
I have always had complaints (some more than others... :rolleyes:) that there is no toilet stop in the afternoon.

Aye, but we're no going so you should be OK.:moonie:;)

L:smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
10th February 2010, 12:00 AM
Its all good chief :thumbs up: Although if you ended in Callander I know what why I’d be heading home - over the Dukes pass to Aberfoyle.:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
22nd April 2010, 04:49 PM
Guys/Gals,

I am really sorry but I am going to have to cancel/postpone this event. I just won't have time to get the recce done (as there needs to be a pee stop and I want to do the run in reverse) before June due to other pressures which are now upon me. If someone else wants to pick up the baton on this one, then please be my guest..., I'll provide all the help you need to get this done. I might even be able to come along for the run..! :lol:

Again, really sorry for those who were looking forward to this, but I just can't fit it in now...:frown:

GCA3N
22nd April 2010, 04:59 PM
Really sorry to hear that craig but totally sympathies mate. If Someone wants to take it on I would do the reckie (dodgy spelling) with them. As I have never organised a run i'd be a bit lost, anybody want to help me?

Stewart
22nd April 2010, 06:24 PM
I really enjoyed it last year as well:sad: but totally understand just don’t pull the Perthshire Pleasure IV not done that one. :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
22nd April 2010, 10:25 PM
I really enjoyed it last year as well:sad: but totally understand just don’t pull the Perthshire Pleasure IV not done that one. :smilewinkgrin:

Not planning to Stewart ;). You wanna take this on ? :lol:

GCA3N
27th April 2010, 12:47 PM
This is not 100% yet but Del and I are in discussions re:doing this run. So If anyone has booked on can they hold off writing the day off yet. Like I say not 100% but don't want you folks cancelling or changing plans quite yet. Will update Criag ASAP on our final decision.

Craig
27th April 2010, 01:12 PM
Well done guys for "stepping up to the plate". I really hope you can keep this alive ;)

Stewart
27th April 2010, 01:18 PM
I’ll be there :thumbs up:as long as its after the 12th....

Delboy
27th April 2010, 01:48 PM
I’ll be there :thumbs up:as long as its after the 12th....

Stewart, it'll still be on Sunday 20th June if Greig and I organise it. :thumbs up:

stoney
27th April 2010, 04:12 PM
i will still be there as well would have helped just not got the time the now

GCA3N
27th April 2010, 06:08 PM
Right folks looks like it's a go-ahead. Going to PM craig now and get him to update. It will be the same date with a slightly different route to accomodate toilets etc. Del will post up the proposed route asap.

Stewart
27th April 2010, 06:28 PM
I think it might be pushing it ( it would add 40 miles) but that road down from Oban round the sound of Jura and was stunning the only time I did it many years ago and if you can enjoy it in a massive Volvo 740 them in the mini it must be fantastic.
That B840 that runs the length Loch Awe looks stunning as well.

Hope its not being too cheeky saying that.

Delboy
27th April 2010, 07:04 PM
Stewart, we're still working on the exact route but it will be similar to last year's with only some minor tweaks. We'll post up the details as soon as we can.

Gismo
27th April 2010, 07:06 PM
Do you want me to remove the cancelled bit out of the header?

GCA3N
27th April 2010, 07:12 PM
Do you want me to remove the cancelled bit out of the header?

Yes please Alan, i have pm'd craig so as lond as it's not stepping on his toes, thanks Alan

Craig
27th April 2010, 08:10 PM
Already made the change Greig. ;)

thanks again to you and Del for taking this on. :thumbs up:

Delboy
27th April 2010, 08:33 PM

No worries Craig :thumbs up:.

Ok folks, the outline plan is as follows:-

Morning (as per last year):-
1. Start at Callander 9:30am for a 10am departure.
2. Tyndrum - toilet/refreshments stop for 15 mins.
3. Photo stop at Catnish for 15 mins.
4. Oban - arrive about 12:30pm for lunch.

Afternoon:-
5. Leave Oban no later than 2pm.
6. Inverary (car park identified at rear of town) - toilet/ice cream stop for 30 mins.
7. Photo stop at Rest and be Thankful for 15 mins.
8. Go through Arrocher and down Loch Long.
9. Take Glen Fruin road from Garelochhead to A82 Loch Lomondside.
10. Finish at Loch Lomond Shores, Balloch about 5pm.

We will post up notes/maps in due course once we have compiled them all.

Cheers,
Del & Greig

GCA3N
28th April 2010, 08:35 AM
Already made the change Greig. ;)

No probs Craig, but to be honest Del has done all the work in getting a slighly alternate route together and then doing it all on google maps. He has just emailed me the route and it looks excellent.

Just a note to folks who had said maybe and any others who might be interested to get their names down. This is one of the best runs of the year and is well worth it. So come on folks get yer names down.lol

Colin
28th April 2010, 09:47 AM
The Glen Fruin road is fantastic :thumbs up:

Stewart
28th April 2010, 10:34 AM
The Glen Fruin road is fantastic :thumbs up:

I take it that’s the newish military road. 817, yeah its a nice bit of road.......

TG used it on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H7S1UgWazU

Delboy
28th April 2010, 01:36 PM
Please see update on first post - Google Maps links added showing morning and afternoon routes :thumbs up:.

Gismo
29th April 2010, 02:49 PM
Run notes posted on 1st post :thumbs up: good on you guys for taking on this run

GCA3N
29th April 2010, 03:04 PM
Run notes posted on 1st post :thumbs up: good on you guys for taking on this run

Thanks Alan.

weefossy
3rd May 2010, 10:02 PM
Great extract from Top Gear....typical Clarkson :yes nod:
Can you add us to the run please as we are now free on Sunday 20th and well done guys for taking it on.

GCA3N
4th May 2010, 06:02 AM
Great extract from Top Gear....typical Clarkson :yes nod:
Can you add us to the run please as we are now free on Sunday 20th and well done guys for taking it on.

Excellent, that's you added. :thumbs: .....and we get to see your car yipeee!!!!

Sheilz
8th May 2010, 10:34 AM
I defo can't make this one. Sis lands from Oz same day and need to be doing the airport run. Hope you all have a lovely time.

GCA3N
8th May 2010, 11:00 AM
I defo can't make this one. Sis lands from Oz same day and need to be doing the airport run. Hope you all have a lovely time.

That's a shame let us know if anything changes. :thumbs up:

Delboy
10th May 2010, 04:19 PM

That's a bummer Sheilz, sorry you can't make it. One Clubbie down :sad:.

gauldrymini
12th May 2010, 08:59 AM
Greig,

This maybe a possibility for Sharon and I to join this run, it will all depend on when the new "wee bean" arrives...

will update you later as best we can...:thumbs up:

Andrew

Delboy
12th May 2010, 09:04 AM
Greig,

This maybe a possibility for Sharon and I to join this run, it will all depend on when the new "wee bean" arrives...

will update you later as best we can...:thumbs up:

Andrew

Andrew - that would be great if you could come along but obviously nature will have the final decision :lol:. I'll put you on the list as a maybe :thumbs up:.

gauldrymini
12th May 2010, 09:10 AM
Andrew - that would be great if you could come along but obviously nature will have the final decision :lol:. I'll put you on the list as a maybe :thumbs up:.

Cheers Del...

Looking forward to our new arrival:thumbs up: just working on the roof spoiler at present:laugh:

stoney
1st June 2010, 04:05 PM
i am going to have to pull out of this one guys as going to glasto on the Wednesday hope you have a good run

Stoney

Delboy
1st June 2010, 04:38 PM
i am going to have to pull out of this one guys as going to glasto on the Wednesday hope you have a good run

Stoney

That's a bummer Stoney - was looking forward to seeing your GP!

stoney
1st June 2010, 06:42 PM
That's a bummer Stoney - was looking forward to seeing your GP!

well if you want to fill my tank for me :Whistle::lol:

Delboy
2nd June 2010, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone :bigwave:.

The Argyll & Bute run is two weeks on Sunday and it would be great if more people could make it - the roads and scenery in this run are spectacular and not to be missed :hand:. You even get a good lunch stop in lovely Oban where you can picnic on the beach or be more sophisticated and grab a panini from a local bistro!

I realise that another rival (and unofficial :p) run is happening on the same day somewhere much less interesting in the country but don't let that distract you - Argyll & Bute is where you want to be :yes nod:.

Hope everyone on the list so far can still make it :thumbs up: and that even more folk will join the list over the next couple of weeks :cool:.

All the best,
Del

truckerbabe
3rd June 2010, 12:22 AM
Hi there,

Just got my new mini at the weekend, had a TT roadster and decided to go for something more sophisticated ha ha ha, only joking. We would love to join the run if that is possible, were based in West Lothian.

Thank you very much...............JJ

GCA3N
3rd June 2010, 06:48 AM
Hi there,

Just got my new mini at the weekend, had a TT roadster and decided to go for something more sophisticated ha ha ha, only joking. We would love to join the run if that is possible, were based in West Lothian.

Thank you very much...............JJ

Excellent, all the details for the route, meet time/place etc are on page 1 of the thread, looking forward to meeting you both:thumbs up:

gauldrymini
7th June 2010, 09:57 AM
Greig / Delboy

Sorry guys, but we won't be able to make your run...maybe next year:idunno:

Am sure you guys will have a blast!:yes nod:

Andrew

Delboy
7th June 2010, 10:37 AM
Greig / Delboy

Sorry guys, but we won't be able to make your run...maybe next year:idunno:

Am sure you guys will have a blast!:yes nod:

Andrew

That's a pity Andrew but thanks for letting us know :thumbs up:.

Ally S
7th June 2010, 12:13 PM
I'm gonna have to give this a miss as it looks like I won't have the Mini on the 20th.

Hope you all have a great day out - it was excellent last year

Delboy
7th June 2010, 12:17 PM
I'm gonna have to give this a miss as it looks like I won't have the Mini on the 20th.

Hope you all have a great day out - it was excellent last year

I thought you might not attend since you're selling your Mini - thanks for letting us know.

Fartin Martin
11th June 2010, 11:25 AM
Well..I wont be attending the full run..but I'm gonna meets yous at Balloch if thats ok? :D

just too busy with the bar just now..and cant be too far away incase somethings comes up!

GCA3N
11th June 2010, 02:32 PM
Well..I wont be attending the full run..but I'm gonna meets yous at Balloch if thats ok? :D

just too busy with the bar just now..and cant be too far away incase somethings comes up!

Nice one martin pm me your mob num and I'll try and txt when we are close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delboy
11th June 2010, 03:33 PM
Well..I wont be attending the full run..but I'm gonna meets yous at Balloch if thats ok?

You do realise that Balloch is the end of the run?

So you won't actually be attending any of the run........:thumbs up:

GCA3N
11th June 2010, 04:26 PM
Del martin knows he was wanting to breifly meet some folks as he cannot make the run.

Fartin Martin
11th June 2010, 05:33 PM
You do realise that Balloch is the end of the run?

So you won't actually be attending any of the run........:thumbs up:

Ha ha ha :lol:..yes I knew that..I may be a hairdresser but I ain't completely thick..just a wee bit! :p lol

will do Greig! :thumbs up:

Delboy
11th June 2010, 06:44 PM
Ha ha ha :lol:..yes I knew that..I may be a hairdresser but I ain't completely thick..just a wee bit! :p lol

Just didn't want you to be disappointed :lol:

leighj
11th June 2010, 11:28 PM
sorry not gonna be able to make this now, but have a great run!

GCA3N
12th June 2010, 06:45 AM
sorry not gonna be able to make this now, but have a great run!

No problem thanks for letting us know.

Delboy
12th June 2010, 11:22 AM
Hi everyone :bigwave:,

Just to let you know that Greig and I cannot cope with the pressure of organising this run (we are at our wits end :smilewinkgrin:) so Craig has kindly agreed to step back in and take control again :thumbs up:.

Seriously though, this is Craig's run and since he is now able to attend it is only right and proper that we hand back to him :yes nod:.

Greig and I were happy to assist but are now much relieved that Craig is back at the helm - it means that we do not need a repeat prescription of Valium :lol:.

See you all in Callander next week!

Cheers,
Greig and Del

PS. Nearly forgot - come on USA tonight :usaflag: :laugh:

Craig
12th June 2010, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone :bigwave:,

Just to let you know that Greig and I cannot cope with the pressure of organising this run (we are at our wits end :smilewinkgrin:) so Craig has kindly agreed to step back in and take control again :thumbs up:.

Seriously though, this is Craig's run and since he is now able to attend it is only right and proper that we hand back to him :yes nod:.

Greig and I were happy to assist but are now much relieved that Craig is back at the helm - it means that we do not need a repeat prescription of Valium :lol:.

See you all in Callander next week!

Cheers,
Greig and Del

PS. Nearly forgot - come on USA tonight :usaflag: :laugh:

I'd just like to say thanks to Del & Greig for stepping up when I couldn't do it. :thumbs up:

You guys will still have a job on Sunday, keeping everyone together and in the right direction, but with the numbers we have, it will be easy, plus (and I do mean this) it makes for a much more enjoyable day with this amount of cars... :thud: :yes nod:

See you guys on Sunday ! ;)

oh aye and come on USA :usaflag: tonight.... My Slovenian and Algerian flags are due to arrive today for my garage (Moes Tavern) :clap::clap::clap::beer:

GCA3N
12th June 2010, 11:41 AM
Lmao guys very good. Craig great to have you back, as del has already said pressure was getting to us both. Also I have to be honest as much as it was me who said to del to help me take craigs run on that was just about my only input. Well done del for all that u did to keep it alive.

On another note as the runners and riders may be aware there could be an issue with the route if the train crash situation has not been rectified. It may mean minor diversions on the day, but this hopefully won't be an issue.

Mini Ecosse
12th June 2010, 12:14 PM
Road should be open by Monday, Tuesday at latest

Delboy
16th June 2010, 08:38 AM
Weather forecast for Sunday is looking good :yes nod: :clap:

Mini Ecosse
16th June 2010, 12:22 PM
Sorry we will miss run but on holiday, so have a good day:thumbs up:
When in sunny Oban will one of you be kind enough to nip along and water my garden:Whistle:

baptie
16th June 2010, 12:53 PM
Would love to have made it along but I am signed up for the Mens Health 10k in Glasgow Sunday.

Hope its a great run, the weather forcast looks magic

Craig
16th June 2010, 02:11 PM
Sorry we will miss run but on holiday, so have a good day:thumbs up:
When in sunny Oban will one of you be kind enough to nip along and water my garden:Whistle:

I'll prob need the toilet when I get there, so no probs.... :lol:

Colin
17th June 2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry gonna have to miss this one :frown:

Stewart
18th June 2010, 06:36 PM
Weather looks fine for Sunday. :thumbs up:

Whats the time at Callander?

Craig
18th June 2010, 06:44 PM
Weather looks fine for Sunday. :thumbs up:

Whats the time at Callander?

the run notes say 9:30 for 10am departure..... :rolleyes: :lol:

Craig
18th June 2010, 06:44 PM
printed off 5 sets of run notes which should be enough for all the cars at the current drop out rate..... :lol:

Delboy
18th June 2010, 07:03 PM
I've got some too - that'll be 2 copies for each car now :lol:.

GCA3N
18th June 2010, 07:54 PM
Better not be any more drop outs lol.
I'll need a set anyways.

Should be a cracker good forecast too.

Sheilz
18th June 2010, 09:26 PM
I hope the weather keeps up for you all. This was a really good run last year. Had planned to put myself down for it again but got mega 'interior detailing' (lol makes housework sound quite glam) to do for my sis and hubby landing from Oz on Monday. Haven't seen her for ten years so the excitement is mounting.

GCA3N
18th June 2010, 09:46 PM
I hope the weather keeps up for you all. This was a really good run last year. Had planned to put myself down for it again but got mega 'interior detailing' (lol makes housework sound quite glam) to do for my sis and hubby landing from Oz on Monday. Haven't seen her for ten years so the excitement is mounting.

come on get it sorted and get yourself along will be a great run.

Sheilz
18th June 2010, 10:06 PM
come on get it sorted and get yourself along will be a great run.

Would love to but Dougall's got to be bathed and put on his best 'bib and tucker' for meeting his Auntie and Uncle for the first time and then later in week got trip to Nottingham and on 1st July he's off to Ireland so needs to conserve his energy for lots 'n lots of driving :thumbs up:

GCA3N
18th June 2010, 10:08 PM
Would love to but Dougall's got to be bathed and put on his best 'bib and tucker' for meeting his Auntie and Uncle for the first time and then later in week got trip to Nottingham and on 1st July he's off to Ireland so needs to conserve his energy for lots 'n lots of driving :thumbs up:

Tut tut excuses excuses :lol:

Stewart
19th June 2010, 03:36 PM
At least the fuel is down a bit. Just going to give the car a wash when it cools down.

Run note's:yawn: I'll stick with Katie on the sat nav even with it just being Oban.....:blush:

Craig
19th June 2010, 06:07 PM
Well guys I have some bad news.... :frown:

my car developed the diesel rattle on thurs... It hasn't stopped since and is getting worse. Took the car out for a wee run today and it sounded terrible, car is booked in jc's on tues but just don't want to take the risk of doing any damage.

I was offered Andy and lenores red mini but just wouldn't want to take the chance with someone elses car...

Gutted.... :frown:

hope you all have a nice run, weather looks to be good ;)

Delboy
19th June 2010, 06:13 PM
That's a bummer Craig - sorry that you have car troubles, nevermind missing the run.

I'm beginning to wonder how many are going to turn up now. Does anyone know if Ivano is coming? I pm'd him weeks ago and he never replied - pretty sure he sold his Mini? If he has then we're down to 6 cars only - assuming everyone else is ok?

Thoughts everyone?

stoney
19th June 2010, 07:13 PM
Well I was just going to turn up but I will be there now as got a cash job on fri :-) and Greg TBH 6/7 for ur first run is a nice number and less to worry about Greg is ur wife going on this one ?

Delboy
19th June 2010, 07:38 PM
Well I was just going to turn up but I will be there now as got a cash job on fri :-) and Greg TBH 6/7 for ur first run is a nice number and less to worry about Greg is ur wife going on this one ?

That's great you can make it now :thumbs up:. I'll update the list on the first post.

Fartin Martin
19th June 2010, 10:05 PM
You lot better not be late!..cos al be waiting on you's in balloch!:p

AndyP & Lenore
19th June 2010, 10:24 PM
Have a good day guys.:thumbs up:

GCA3N
19th June 2010, 10:30 PM

Yup both of us mate

cooperchris
19th June 2010, 10:39 PM
Hope the weather is good for you guys the mora :thumbs up:

Scottie
19th June 2010, 11:58 PM
Hope your car gets fixed ok I know we heard it the other day there.

Tis a good run and I am sure folks will enjoy looks like good weather.

Well guys I have some bad news.... :frown:

my car developed the diesel rattle on thurs... It hasn't stopped since and is getting worse. Took the car out for a wee run today and it sounded terrible, car is booked in jc's on tues but just don't want to take the risk of doing any damage.

I was offered Andy and lenores red mini but just wouldn't want to take the chance with someone elses car...

Gutted.... :frown:

hope you all have a nice run, weather looks to be good ;)

Delboy
20th June 2010, 07:26 AM
Cracking morning - see you all in Callander!

Stewart
20th June 2010, 07:32 AM
Catch you all there.

GCA3N
20th June 2010, 08:14 AM
See u there folks quick mc D's on route mmmmmm

stoney
20th June 2010, 03:42 PM
hi peeps thats me home safe and sound sorry i could not do the 2nd 1/2 just was not up to it

thanx for all your kind comments

see you all soon

Stoney

Delboy
20th June 2010, 07:24 PM
hi peeps thats me home safe and sound sorry i could not do the 2nd 1/2 just was not up to it

see you all soon

Stoney

Glad you made it home safely - thanks again for making the effort to join us in the morning.

Obviously, our best wishes are with you and the family at this sad time.

Del

Delboy
20th June 2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks to everyone who attended the run today :thumbs up:. The weather was great, the roads were great and the company was excellent :yes nod:.

Here are a few pics (untouched by Photoshop!) as a wee reminder of the day:-

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202430.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202440.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202442.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202453.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202457.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202458.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202463.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202464.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202466.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202470.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202473.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202476.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202482.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202487.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202494.jpg
http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r464/DWhitelaw/Argyll%20and%20Bute%20Run%202010/P6202499.jpg

Stewart
20th June 2010, 07:33 PM
Good to see you got back safe and sound Rob. :thumbs up:

I hope Rob you wont find this in poor taste but “What” a run back in that weather. And as we said on the run there is no point describing the road B839 and B828 that looked like it had just been resurfaced and painted for us to enjoy, I don’t think I’ve been on a nicer surface, it was like a gorgeous strip of tarmac with spanking new white lines and lay-bys.

Others took great pictures but I’ll head this up by adding just the one…

Nice to chill to the Footie and get some food.

Oh and Cheers again to everyone for a great day, especially to our lead car and Greig for doing the lamps, very much appreciated.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs071.ash2/36913_126915757349208_100000923530173_133588_49149 61_n.jpg

Dam del got in there.....;)

weefossy
20th June 2010, 08:55 PM
That's us home safe and sound. Thanks everyone for a great run, just proves that we don't have to be "flying" to enjoy the run. Weather was great and
I probably saw more today than on any other run, including that Stag that was only 12 feet from the road....wonderful. Will try and find some pictures tomorrow, that are different from Del's.
Thanks again Del and Greig for keeping the run going.

Rob, Mom sends another big hug.

Delboy
21st June 2010, 08:18 AM
You lot better not be late!..cos al be waiting on you's in balloch!:p

Meant to post this yesterday - thanks for meeting us at Balloch (sorry we were a bit late :blush: - I'll blame the traffic :smilewinkgrin:). It was good to meet you at last :thumbs up:, and hope you enjoyed the bbq!

D3 JDA
21st June 2010, 10:01 AM
We woud like to thank greig & del for a great run weather was great and the scenery was amazing.The roads were were ok apart from the traffic jam we landed in 3 miles from the finish of the run.Stoney hope u got home ok m8.:thumbs up::hand::cool:

Stewart
21st June 2010, 02:35 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs151.snc4/36913_127103593997091_100000923530173_134326_67461 33_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs131.snc4/36913_127103610663756_100000923530173_134327_24115 37_n.jpg

Delboy
21st June 2010, 05:41 PM
Picture postcards Stewart :thumbs up:.

Wish we could have got some photos on that new black-top road!

Ally S
21st June 2010, 07:04 PM

see you all soon

Stoney

Spotted you on the way back actually. I doubt you would have recognised me on my mountain bike though (was on route to Luss). Best wishes.

GCA3N
21st June 2010, 08:22 PM
Just home today, as Kim and I had an extra night in loch Lomond, which was amazing too (another story, another day)

Anyway great day I think was had by everyone and thanks to those that turned up. (Craig you need to get a more reliable car :lol:)

A special thanks to Stoney for making the effort under very difficult circumstances, it was appreciated mate. Oh and BTW your GP is very nice.

Like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Del, who, if I am very honest did 99.9% of the organising and 100% off the on the day stuff.

Also thanks to stu, David and fiona and mum and dad too great seeing you guys (especially the "special one)(Mum and dad's car BTW)

Put these pics on before checking all the other pics, so I am sure there the same as we all seemed to get the same pics :lol:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute11.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute10.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute9.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute8.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute7.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute6.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute5.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute4.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute3.jpg
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/Argyllandbute2.jpg

Craig
21st June 2010, 09:04 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time.... :argh: nevermind, there is always next year.... ;)

gutted I couldn't be there.... :rolleyes:

GCA3N
21st June 2010, 09:38 PM
Looks like you guys had a great time.... :argh: nevermind, there is always next year.... ;)

gutted I couldn't be there.... :rolleyes:

Did u not make it ;):lol:

You were missed dude.

Delboy
22nd June 2010, 09:06 AM
Oh and Cheers again to everyone for a great day, especially to our lead car and Greig for doing the lamps, very much appreciated.

Thanks again Del and Greig for keeping the run going.

We woud like to thank greig & del for a great run weather was great and the scenery was amazing.

Like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Del, who, if I am very honest did 99.9% of the organising and 100% off the on the day stuff.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments :thumbs up:. I'm very relieved that eveyone enjoyed the run and that it went according to plan (bar running a wee bit late). It's the first time I've led a run and I never realised how difficult it can be judging the pace and keeping an eye on those behind you (thank goodness there were only six cars :yes nod:).

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the run myself and didn't get too stressed (except perhaps when I saw the price of Haddock and Chips at the pier resturant in Oban :eek:) - you all made it easy for me!

It was great to finally meet Mum and Dad and see their incredible WC50 Mini in the metal. Thanks for the tea in Inverary :thumbs up: and for bringing up the rear throughout the day (and giving us warning of approaching motor bikes and idiot Audi drivers :rolleyes:).

I also met Rob for the first time (although I'd seen him from afar in runs last year). It was obviously a very sad day for him so to join us for the first half of the run was very much appreciated. And I got to see Rob's GP too :clap: both stationary and in my rear view mirror after the Tyndrum stop - do objects really look closer than they actually are in your mirror or was I going too slow :smilewinkgrin:?

Stewart, I'm glad you got your bulbs done by Greig, even although he calls them lamps :yawn:, and David, please get these silver "lamps" ordered from Fleabay immediately before you get "Tangoed" :hand:.

Greig, thanks for .........eh......... hold on......... just a minute........... hmmm........... :Whistle: .............. yeah, thanks :lol:.

Del

stoney
22nd June 2010, 09:18 AM
well for your first run del well done it was a good pace just i like to put the boot down a bit some times :lol: and i am sorry if i have not spoke to you before on a run and as said you where all v nice to me and helped me smile a bit now that had to be a task in its self on sunday so i thank you all

Stoney

Delboy
22nd June 2010, 09:25 AM
well for your first run del well done it was a good pace just i like to put the boot down a bit some times :lol: and i am sorry if i have not spoke to you before on a run and as said you where all v nice to me and helped me smile a bit now that had to be a task in its self on sunday so i thank you all

Stoney

Cheers mate :thumbs up:. Look forward to catching up with you again on another run - I'm on holiday for the next couple so I think my next one will be your Magical Mystery Tour!

Del

stoney
22nd June 2010, 09:28 AM
Cheers mate :thumbs up:. Look forward to catching up with you again on another run - I'm on holiday for the next couple so I think my next one will be your Magical Mystery Tour!

Del

thats going to be a corker if i do say so my self :lol: the route i have planed is fantastic just need to give it a run to make sure i know where i am going :thumbs up:

Gismo
22nd June 2010, 10:43 PM
All pictures uploaded to the server and added to the main gallery

GCA3N
22nd June 2010, 10:49 PM
All pictures uploaded to the server and added to the main gallery

cheers Alan.

weefossy
23rd June 2010, 12:05 PM
As most of the pictures have already been put on the forum , I've just added a couple of different ones.

Proof we were in Oban

The smoothest road yet, re-surfaced just for us

3 "old corbies"

A shaded glen

a dirty picture for the dads.....This is the last view the wasp 3rd on the right got before impact............Ian looks like hard work on Saturday!!

Stewart
23rd June 2010, 12:08 PM
Great you see we did get a picture of that road surface :thumbs up:

GCA3N
23rd June 2010, 12:19 PM
fab pics mum and dad.