PDA

View Full Version : Centering the bumper

atnova
21st January 2010, 02:08 PM
Hi guys,

i am a newbie here i have a 03 blue mcs, i kinda need some help if possible
recently i have taken my car back to evans halshaw to change the radiator for a fix
but after the fix when i arrived home i found that my front bumper was off centre but i didn't take it back cause its in fife and i have to go to uni everyday. But now( the warentee is gone and i don't like evans a lot cause they are not so good) i want to center it so it looks right, so does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance:D
AT

Gismo
21st January 2010, 02:12 PM
Hmm, not sure what you mean here cause the bumper holes pretty much align the bumper itself.
Would probably be better if you could post a piccie :thumbs up:

C.Noble
21st January 2010, 09:26 PM
depending on how squint, and in which way it is squint, it should be quite easy to straighten... it is basically only bolted in 2 places... the rest of the mountings are little "screvits".

Like Gismo says, its hard to explain unless we know what way it is off centre.

If you cant get a pic uploaded or are struggling to explain the off centredness, I live in Edinburgh and would be happy to help if your stuck.

Crombers
21st January 2010, 10:23 PM
'Screvits' :thumbs up:

Brilliant word :yes nod:

atnova
22nd January 2010, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone,
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?19469-Hi-from-Edinburgh

here is the pic of my mini and if you guys look at the driver's side you can see its lower and the bumper has actually slightly moved to the passenger side aswell
this is all due to evans halshaw changing the radiator and thermostat on my car and did a cowboy job on putting the bumper back on and they broke 2 of the"screvits" on the bumper area. the bumper wasn't like that before i took it to fix but after they fixed it became like this
but i am going to take my mcs to another garage to get some new parts and fix the bumper =]
thanks for the help guys and thanks C.Noble
AT

atnova
10th February 2010, 01:26 AM
hi guys i have took my car to fix the brakes and bumper, but the people in the garage can only center the bumper, but they cannot lift up the driver's side of the bumper (still), u will see the gap difference in my pic above, so does anyone know what i need to do to fix it? as it some times scratched the speed bumps and that annoys me a lot lol =]
Thanks
AT

GCA3N
10th February 2010, 10:46 AM
Was it Evans u took it back to in order to rectify the bumper issue?

atnova
10th February 2010, 05:21 PM
Was it Evans u took it back to in order to rectify the bumper issue?

yes i did GCA3N
but they don't give a damn about it so i took it to another garage which my friend used to work in( i donno if he still works there)
they are good though although the bumper is still a bit slanted. Also when i am looking at autotrader, i saw loads of mini have a gap difference like mine aswell
so is that normal?
thx

GCA3N
10th February 2010, 08:29 PM
I know what u mean there is a bit of a difference in the gap between the bumper and bonnet on the left and right. I know my r50 was like that. Crap though the garage takes that approach.

atnova
10th February 2010, 09:02 PM
I know what u mean there is a bit of a difference in the gap between the bumper and bonnet on the left and right. I know my r50 was like that. Crap though the garage takes that approach.

thats y i am never going back to evans halshaw again when i buy a car

atnova
20th March 2010, 11:15 PM
Hi guys i manage to move my bumper back up to the right height on the driver's side, but right now there is another problem
as you guys can see the wheel arch and the bumper is a bit off, so do you guys know what i can do about it?

Many Thanks in advance :D
Alex