PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite music decade?

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2010, 10:59 PM
So, which was your favourite decade for music?

A.

Ivano
20th January 2010, 11:02 PM
80's and the whole Madchester scene 88-92. The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets. What a time of my life!!!

Rave On... Your twisting my melon man!!!! :thumbs up::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Livi
20th January 2010, 11:06 PM
I voted 80's! even though i was born 86 :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5m24ST7rSw

:D:D

Stewart
20th January 2010, 11:29 PM
Here I’d have been shot if anyone had got a hold of my CD I had say on the twilight run. Mostly 80s. you cant beat a bit of dépêche mode, Duran Duran, kate Bush, Human League, Sisters of Mercy, Inxs, Van Halen, Simple Minds, Queen, Peter Gabriel, New Order, Tom Petty, Big Country, Shamen etc.

Like the Modern stuff Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Killers as well just cant stand rapping..............

Ivano
20th January 2010, 11:32 PM
I bought the Ministry Of Sound Electronic 80's CD about 2 months ago and i have had it on constantly on in the car since then... You should see the great reviews its getting over on iTunes... :yes nod:

GCA3N
20th January 2010, 11:55 PM
Really tough one andy I love music from most decades. The easiest way to answer this would be to say from which decade do I listen to music from the most so gonna go with the 70's just mostly because of the mighty floyd.

Scottie
21st January 2010, 12:45 AM
70's for me obviously

Gismo
21st January 2010, 01:47 PM
Defo 80's, that's when Bowie was at his very very best :thumbs up:

Crombers
21st January 2010, 02:00 PM
1976 & it all took off, I was 12 & the rest is history :clap:

ianking
21st January 2010, 02:04 PM
I bought the Ministry Of Sound Electronic 80's CD about 2 months ago and i have had it on constantly on in the car since then... You should see the great reviews its getting over on iTunes... :yes nod:

Ive got that in the car just now as well. I was born 82 so I do like my 80s music but I have to vote for the 90s as thats when I really started getting into my music. Oasis and The Verve in particular from the 90s. However lots of stuff I am really into from the naughties, Coldplay.

N16SHP
21st January 2010, 04:28 PM
I'd have to say 80's. Although I was born in 87, I'm just not a huge fan of modern day music. I've got lots of Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits etc on m'Ipod. Queen especially, they are just superb. Some of their early stuff in the 70's is arguably their classics, but what they produced throughout the 80's especially after Freddie was told he was dying, was just amazing writing! Although I am very much into Florence and the Machine at the moment. And after all of that, my one song that I have picked as the winner for the 80's is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq8ZBdSxNU

We play it every night when we are closing up in the pub as its just banter and great fun to belt out in an empty pub at 12am lol!!!!!

koolsville
21st January 2010, 04:35 PM
Shame... old Rockabilly fans like me can't vote. What happened to the 1950's then?

camjay
21st January 2010, 05:32 PM
80's and the whole Madchester scene 88-92. The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets. What a time of my life!!!

Rave On... Your twisting my melon man!!!! :thumbs up::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Me too - loved those days. Saw the Happy Monday's in concert and they were utterly crap live! But I used to love "Wrote for Luck"!

Me and my pal used to go to Manchester for weekends to the Hacienda! Had an array of "smiley" accessories! :blush: :thumbs up: Went to a rave in St Andrews once, I'm a nurse and got the shock of my life when one of the doctors I worked with was the DJ!!!

Also loved the late seventies early eighties Mod, Ska thing, The Jam, The Specials .....ahhh takes me back!!! :yes nod:

camjay
21st January 2010, 05:33 PM
Shame... old Rockabilly fans like me can't vote. What happened to the 1950's then?

You and my husband would get along great!!! LOL

Sheilz
21st January 2010, 06:05 PM
Defo 80's, that's when Bowie was at his very very best :thumbs up:

A but he was pretty good in the 70's too, as were Queen, Cream, Floyd, Black Sabbeth, T REx, The Who, The Stones and good old Rod himself :thumbs up:

Ivano
21st January 2010, 10:28 PM
:D
Me too - loved those days. Saw the Happy Monday's in concert and they were utterly crap live! But I used to love "Wrote for Luck"!

Me and my pal used to go to Manchester for weekends to the Hacienda! Had an array of "smiley" accessories! :blush: :thumbs up: Went to a rave in St Andrews once, I'm a nurse and got the shock of my life when one of the doctors I worked with was the DJ!!!

Also loved the late seventies early eighties Mod, Ska thing, The Jam, The Specials .....ahhh takes me back!!! :yes nod:

The Hacienda was one of the places i always wanted to go but never did before it shut down..

I saw the Inspiral Carpets a few times back then in Glasgow. :yes nod: Clint Boon with the mad hairdo :D

camjay
22nd January 2010, 12:12 AM
Used to fancy Tom the singer with the Inspiral Carpets (what the hell was I thinking)! Clint Boone and his (t)rusty organ playing. What the hell was that hair all about, truly dreadful! LOL

stoney
22nd January 2010, 09:30 AM
i can not just pick one as i like so much music i meen i went to t in the park when i was about 12 year old and glasto twice and going for a 3rd time this year so it just so hard to pic

i just love all kinds of music from rap to rock to dance ect ect

Big Gordy
22nd January 2010, 10:43 AM
Has to be the 70's for me:thumbs up: Like Crombers says, mid 70's punk came along and, well, nothing since has had that kind of impact has it:smilewinkgrin: plus you had Black Sabbath, Led Zep, Deep Purple, AC/DC, UFO, Floyd.....god the list is endless:cool:

koolsville
22nd January 2010, 01:41 PM
You and my husband would get along great!!! LOL

He sounds like a good man to me.

I ended up voting 70s because I grew up to a Glam rock soundtrack and came of age with Punk. Both genres are rockabilly based in any case.