PDA

View Full Version : Autosmart Trim Ultra

GCA3N
19th January 2010, 09:39 PM
Anybody used this before, any good, comments etc, cheers.

k3ith
26th January 2010, 11:39 PM
Where are you going to use it? on the trim around the bumpers & trim above the wheel arches? Thats our plans when the mini finally arrives.
It contains linssed oil and you only need a tiny amount. I did my MK5 GTI grill front and back of it with a bottle top worth, also it will dry according to temperature colder equals longer. I was looking for a pic I have of a MKII golf plastic that we did one side treated the other not but cant find it. Its not to in your face glossy, looks more natural.

GCA3N
26th January 2010, 11:47 PM
Cheers for that. I use chemical guys one just now very similar to black wow but a bit cheaper. I think I'll get some to try it.

Stewart
27th January 2010, 01:43 AM
I have the AG stuff that I rate and the CG that I just need to work at as last time it made the trim just look marked.

In truth I had marks on the arches and got the Tesco nut oil out and tooth brush and did the whole lower trim and them washed the car. It’s the best the trim has ever looked and I guess there is nothing on it. But the marks that I think were polish brushed out and I could see it as the oil changed colour as it cleaned off with the brush.

Going to put the CG new look trim stuff on again on the lower as thin as I can and go over with a clean cloth and see.

GCA3N
4th February 2010, 08:52 PM
Stuff arrived today so decided to give it a try. First thought it was the wrong stuff as it was similar in colour, condintency and smell to the tar remover. Any way due to it being runny it went on really well and looked excellent. Even after the rain came on it never ran and still looked good.

I've tried so many different trim products and this so far is impressing me the most. Will give it a few shots to see how it lasts.

Stewart
4th February 2010, 11:25 PM
I have only got the two brands being the AG Trim Gel and the C-Guys stuff that i will only use on the lower trim and arches as it ran the last time after the car was spotless. I used the Nut oil to remove polish or somthing and plan to give the trim another going over when the weather get better.

I have always found everything like the wax etc to last look wise for ages but give it a few weeks and the trim looks like it needs done again. Hope this stuff give you a look that lasts.

GCA3N
4th February 2010, 11:29 PM
Ye hope so too. Tell me what is it u used to strip them back, u mentioned nut oil is it any specific type of nut oil?

Stewart
4th February 2010, 11:42 PM
Nothing would shift what looked like polish, it was me doing a rush job as it got dark. Think I picked up a cloth with some polish on it, it was an old cloth after I had left the C-guys stuff on for a wee while and buffed it off. Went down the fairly liquid route nope after it dried it was there. It was doing my head in as I was looking at five year old Mini's in car parks that had trim looking great when i was walking past. I'd give the car a decent wash and the trim would just look **** 30 mins later again.

So the Ground nut oil from Tesco’s came out with an old tooth brush (DW TIP) and I could see what ever it was brush out and then washed the car and it was gone and the trim looked like new.
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Arch.jpg

GCA3N
4th February 2010, 11:44 PM
Cheers might try doing that.