PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen - Good Auto Electrician/Bodyshop???

MartinSullivan
12th June 2004, 12:35 AM
I really like the look of the Mini Sport Quad Spotlight Kit

http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-shop/products/exterior-detailing/lighting/se-quad-spot-lamp-kit-product.html

but I just got the installation instructions from Mini Sport and it seems pretty complicated.

Does anyone know of a good auto electrician/bodyshop in Aberdeen that might be able to install them

Cheers

Duncan Stewart
14th June 2004, 02:47 AM
Scary stuff fitting spotlights to a new mini. I thought about it as the headlights are pretty poor but was put off by prevoius posts here and on Mini2.

AberdeenMini
18th June 2004, 08:20 AM
Cadgers autobody in Balmedie will sort you out mate. Dont know the number though!

MartinSullivan
18th June 2004, 04:31 PM
Steve, cheers mate - have u used them, they any good? I dont mind doing the wiring etc, but would like them to do the cutting and drilling

Gismo
18th June 2004, 04:50 PM
You'll still have to go to the dealer no matter who fits them :( only the dealer can "turn" on the lights in the ECU

MartinSullivan
18th June 2004, 05:07 PM
Yeah, thats what I kept reading on mini2 and on here but the instructions I got from mini sport dont mention it. I think they use a different pin on the loom, but not sure - anyone one tried it?

john
18th June 2004, 06:34 PM
the brackets are easy to fit (no cutting)just drill and pop rivet:)

MartinSullivan
18th June 2004, 06:49 PM
I'll have to read the instructions again, sure the ones I got involve some cutting. Do you fancy doing it for me John :)

john
18th June 2004, 08:13 PM
take them with you and swing in past the shop and i will have a look
:)

MartinSullivan
18th June 2004, 09:03 PM
I have only got the instructions at the mo - they were a lot cheaper than the lights themselves, but i'll bring them round when I get chance. Cheers

john
18th June 2004, 11:18 PM
i have the instructions and I have fitted a couple of sets too:)

MartinSullivan
18th June 2004, 11:34 PM
The minisport ones? on the bar?

http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-shop/products/exterior-detailing/lighting/se-quad-spot-lamp-kit-product.html

If you can fit them that would be brilliant - how much for the install? :)

john
18th June 2004, 11:53 PM
have only fitted the BMW ones but lets have a look and see:)

MartinSullivan
19th June 2004, 12:38 AM
U in the shop tomorrow? Is it the one on Holburn st? If ur and it is I could probably pop round tomorrow at some stage with the instructions if thats any use.

john
19th June 2004, 03:57 AM
Thats wht to do.see ya then:)