PDA

View Full Version : Finally, the wife is joining the Mini Ranks!!!!

G17RDY
18th January 2010, 09:40 PM
Well, Yesterday the wife decided enough was enough and bought herself a Clubman - Cooper S :smilewinkgrin:

Probably picking it up a week today (Monday)

Pure silver / Black roof - 07 plate (9000 miles) with a good few options on board.
Full leather / Chilli pack / Visibility pack / MFSW / Bluetooth / Chrome Line Interior / 17" Pace alloys / rear parking sensors.

I'm sure she'll be registering herself on here and showing it off when she picks it up.

Can't wait myself, although on a pure silver - what sport / viper stripe colour should she go for, i'm thinking like dark grey or something.
Answers on a postcard please!!!!!

Fartin Martin
18th January 2010, 10:15 PM
What about matt black or grey?..or gloss black? Niceee!:D

Fartin Martin
18th January 2010, 10:16 PM
Oh and congrats on the clubby..I want one!:p

Delboy
18th January 2010, 10:16 PM
:clap: Sounds great :thumbs up:. As for sport stripes, with the black roof I'd go with black stripes!

GCA3N
18th January 2010, 10:27 PM
Nice buy, I'm with del on that one black sport striped will look the biz.

Forbes
18th January 2010, 10:35 PM
I like the sound of a matt black stripe right over the car like Baz and Greig (copier of Baz) have. Think it would work with the roof and body colour

AndyP & Lenore
18th January 2010, 10:51 PM
Very nice.

What about a contrast viper, so it's Black gloss on the bonnet, then pure silver over the roof and gloss black down the boot doors?

A.

Bazthemod
18th January 2010, 10:55 PM
I like the sound of a matt black stripe right over the car like Baz and Greig (copier of Baz) have. Think it would work with the roof and body colour

Haha... im surprised the Audi Grille hasn't been copied yet

Fartin Martin
18th January 2010, 11:02 PM
Very nice.

What about a contrast viper, so it's Black gloss on the bonnet, then pure silver over the roof and gloss black down the boot doors?

A.
I like that!:D

audrey
18th January 2010, 11:23 PM
Car sounds :cool:

Think black stripes would look nice :thumbs up:

Craig
19th January 2010, 12:07 AM
Congrats :clap:

N16SHP
19th January 2010, 01:33 AM
I agree with Andy, I love the contrast stripes, they are quite rare!

GCA3N
19th January 2010, 11:27 AM

Presuming your talking about my old coop. Anyway the man has style.

Very nice.

A.

This sounds good too.

I'll be honest I tried it myself, but it was extremely difficult to do:blush:This is a definite mod I would have.

Crombers
19th January 2010, 01:38 PM
Very nice.

A.

Wins it for me Mr Pop , if it's the viper route :thumbs up: (aka the Mr Xmas look, if you remember him :rolleyes:)

Crombers
19th January 2010, 01:39 PM

& if anyone did then they should owe you a few quid in royalties.

G17RDY
25th January 2010, 09:03 PM
Picking it up tomorrow at 11am - Super excited!!!!!!!!!!

Wish us luck!!!!

Craig
25th January 2010, 09:23 PM
All the best with the new car - I am sure she will love it! :thumbs up:

Sheilz
25th January 2010, 09:27 PM
Good choice of car :thumbs up:. I'm in the minority for choice of stripe. I like the idea of matt silver stripes. Seen this but in checkerboard on another silver car. Subtle yet distinctive and very very nice. Also its a bit different since most owners of silver cars tend to opt for black. So many options though that your wife will have loads of fun deciding. Happy motoring :thumbs up:

G17RDY
25th January 2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the kind words and support

I think we have decided to go with darker silver stripe - Probably a double sport / viper
I have yet to see any other pure silver car with anything other than black to be honest.

Got to get it right - this is going to be the car we will spend money on!!!!

Watch this space!!!

Sheilz
25th January 2010, 10:07 PM

I think we have decided to go with darker silver stripe - Probably a double sport / viper
I have yet to see any other pure silver car with anything other than black to be honest.

Watch this space!!!
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Delboy
25th January 2010, 10:28 PM
Picking it up tomorrow at 11am - Super excited!!!!!!!!!!

Wish us luck!!!!

Hey, I'm getting excited for you mate! Have fun and get some photos up asap :thumbs up:.

GCA3N
25th January 2010, 11:09 PM

Watch this space!!!

Looking forward to the up coming pics.

N16SHP
25th January 2010, 11:26 PM
Yeah im pretty excited for you too. I remember picking up my Mini last May, and it was the first time i'd bought a car for the garage and when we sat down to do the paperwork and one of the guys took it round and parked it outside JC's windows i was like "I WANT IT NOW! 3 minutes is too long to wait!" lol!

GCA3N
25th January 2010, 11:34 PM
Yeah im pretty excited for you too. I remember picking up my Mini last May, and it was the first time i'd bought a car for the garage and when we sat down to do the paperwork and one of the guys took it round and parked it outside JC's windows i was like "I WANT IT NOW! 3 minutes is too long to wait!" lol!

Some folks don't understand this but there's few better feelings than the anticipation of getting a new car. Love it.

audrey
26th January 2010, 12:29 AM
Good Luck with the new car :thumbs up:

I was that excited when I bought my car had to get my sister to drive it home for me :blush::blush:

N16SHP
26th January 2010, 04:09 PM
Good Luck with the new car :thumbs up:

I was that excited when I bought my car had to get my sister to drive it home for me :blush::blush:

Ha ha, that is a great effort. Those Mini's will do that to you! I don't think anyone could of stopped me driving that car away lol