PDA

View Full Version : Another Damn Chip.

GCA3N
17th January 2010, 04:55 PM
After all that happened last year driving home on Thursday heard something hit the windscreen. Never noticed it cleaning the car on Friday but on closer inspection have found a chip and a small crack. Both are smaller than a five pence and on the passenger side so hopefully they will be able to fix them. Only problem I have now is because of our location it will be 7-10 days till they get over. With the roads falling appart even more so since the bad weather I guess i won't be driving this week.

Delboy
17th January 2010, 05:04 PM
Bad luck Greig, especially since you got a new windscreen fitted only a few months ago.

GCA3N
17th January 2010, 05:06 PM
Bad luck Greig, especially since you got a new windscreen fitted only a few months ago.

i know, well atleast i'll be getting my own personal assistant when i call through.

Stewart
17th January 2010, 05:39 PM
Thats crap, especially when you take so much care with the car and take pride in the way it looks. I hope the repair is better than my screen, right enough it was just outside the drivers side but it was doing my nut, so the new screen was in the week after.

I was thinking last night while driving through Glasgow there was some huge chunks on the road after all the potholes and all it take is the car in front to kick one up.

GCA3N
17th January 2010, 05:41 PM
Thats crap, especially when you take so much care with the car and take pride in the way it looks. I hope the repair is better than my screen, right enough it was just outside the drivers side but it was doing my nut, so the new screen was in the week after.

I was thinking last night while driving through Glasgow there was some huge chunks on the road after all the potholes and all it take is the car in front to kick one up.

Thanks, roads are a nightmare like you say, doesn't seem to take much tbo.

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2010, 05:54 PM
Bummer Greig. Twice in the space of a few months, you have the worst luck with windscreens.:frown:

A.

Gismo
18th January 2010, 12:00 PM
As otehrs have said, you can go years without getting one and you have had 2 in a few months :sad:

GCA3N
18th January 2010, 02:04 PM
Cheers all, it's not the end of the world, just hope it gets sorted soon. I now have kwik fit saying they won't travel to Arran, needless to say kicked up so waiting on a call now.

Knox18
18th January 2010, 03:18 PM
i had 2 windscreens in the 2008 season then in 2009 i think i went through 5 :(

Crombers
19th January 2010, 02:10 PM
i had 2 windscreens in the 2008 season then in 2009 i think i went through 5 :(

Jings , that's brutal Chris ..................................... what about the race car :rolleyes:

colliz
23rd January 2010, 01:26 AM
just watch the crack in the screen if you leave it to long and you are using your wipers all the dirt and grime will get pushed into the crack and the resin we use might not take to screen...try and put a bit of clear tape or something over the crack to provent this and it will get fixed as soon as they can.... If it is bothering you so much can you not phone the branch that covers your area and drive there to get it fixed or meet them on the main land or something

GCA3N
23rd January 2010, 11:02 AM
just watch the crack in the screen if you leave it to long and you are using your wipers all the dirt and grime will get pushed into the crack and the resin we use might not take to screen...try and put a bit of clear tape or something over the crack to provent this and it will get fixed as soon as they can.... If it is bothering you so much can you not phone the branch that covers your area and drive there to get it fixed or meet them on the main land or something

Thanks for the advice mate. The problem is it would normally cost me £65 to go over, (doing a deal just now £50) so don't really want to pay that. Anyway have only driven the car once since it happened and won't be using it again until they hopefully sort it on Monday. The guy did say though if it's raining they cannot do it. Since I have no garage then we shall have to see what happens come Monday. Anyway thanks for the tips/advice.