PDA

View Full Version : Mini to be discontinued??????

Frankie
11th June 2004, 09:32 PM
I heared at work today that apparantly the new mini is going to be discontinued at the end of 2005. :(:(:(:(:mad::mad:
Apparantly it's too expensive to get the parts, especially for the convertable.:(

Has anyone else heared anything about this???

Also I heared that in 2005 the new mini will be replaced by the "new new mini!!" Is this true???

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

seany
11th June 2004, 10:18 PM
i haven't heard anything yet, but i don't think BMW would do that, specially as thay have sold loads of them.

Fontal
11th June 2004, 10:24 PM
I Have heard this before on MINI2 a couple of years ago but I can't remember what the outcome was.

KenL
11th June 2004, 10:31 PM
Don't believe it.

There must be a BIG profit in the MINI for BMW.

There is to be a big review of the MINI in 2006/2007 with completely new engines built in a joint venture between BMW & Peugeot.

There are also rumours of new variants of the MINI to provide a larger appeal to more people.

Frankie
11th June 2004, 10:38 PM
You may be right.

I heard that in 2005, the current new mini was going to be discontinued, and a new model made instead.

phantom
11th June 2004, 11:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Frankie

You may be right.

I heard that in 2005, the current new mini was going to be discontinued, and a new model made instead.

It was in the sun last week that they were going to make a new mini with much cheaper parts but wont be ready for four years.

Burple
11th June 2004, 11:47 PM
quote:
It was in the sun last week that they were going to make a new mini with much cheaper parts but wont be ready for four years.

ahhh.. well that explains it...
If it's in the Sun it *MUST* be true.... ;););):D:p

Duncan Stewart
14th June 2004, 02:44 AM
April the 1st WAS MONTHS ago. Absolute rubbish!

AberdeenMini
18th June 2004, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't think so considering how popular the Mini has become!

Sheilz
1st July 2004, 09:35 AM
The new minis going into production in July are going to have revamped bumpers and grilles. I cant remember what the dealer told me I ought to expect on my new one. Black grilles I think?

KenL
1st July 2004, 04:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

The new minis going into production in July are going to have revamped bumpers and grilles. I cant remember what the dealer told me I ought to expect on my new one. Black grilles I think?

What spec did you order?

Steve74
2nd July 2004, 05:57 PM
New mini in 2007 with BMW/Peugeot engines and maybe a turbo on the S. Bigger wheel arches but pretty much the same car!

monkimagic
3rd July 2004, 01:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Frankie

I heared at work today that apparantly the new mini is going to be discontinued at the end of 2005. :(:(:(:(:mad::mad:
Apparantly it's too expensive to get the parts, especially for the convertable.:(

Has anyone else heared anything about this???

Also I heared that in 2005 the new mini will be replaced by the "new new mini!!" Is this true???

UPDATE from miniclan

http://p068.ezboard.com/ftheminiclanfrm17.showMessage?topicID=121.topic

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sheilz
3rd July 2004, 10:44 AM
Have ordered another cooper, DSC, SS+, chilli pack, frontspots, darkened windows, 17"wheels, electric blue+saltire+bonnet stripes (white). I've been following a debate about the merits of SS+ and the size of wheels. The general consensus seemed to be 16" are the best option but I spoke to a chap at work who has raced minis for years and his verdict was that 17" will marginally slow acceleration but will improve top speed since it will take 500rpm less to acheive a specific speed than if the 16" were on. Although top speed wont affect me it will be handy minimizing wear and tear on the engine. I'm also thinking of asking for the body kit to be included. I will have to make my mind up pretty quick otherwise it may affect delivery times:D:D:D.

Gismo
3rd July 2004, 04:36 PM
Nice one Sheilz, should be quite a stunner, i wished i'd gotten the aero kit ;)