PDA

View Full Version : Movie: "The A-Team" out in June

zimbo
15th January 2010, 06:04 PM
Thats right the Movie "The A-Team" is out this year in June I think, this better be good coz i loved this series on TV as a kid growing up and I still do, and to be honest I still watch episodes nowadays too and they are brilliant. I just hope this film lives up to the required standards... :yes nod:

...and I'm sure I will not be the only one looking forward to this movie. (and yes I am an old fart!!)

Stewart
15th January 2010, 06:26 PM
Always thought there was scope for an A-team Movie, big question will it show anyone getting killed. I loved it as well, that and Airwolf and if anyone remembers Streethawk…..They could do with doing a Rolling Thunder Movie as well.

Your always scared they just take the piss and waste a good idea and don’t have a Story line.

Just watched the trailer, Character look not a bad fit

GCA3N
15th January 2010, 07:17 PM
I loved the A team as a kid but watched a re-run recently and I remembered it being better. It was always done with a bit of tongue and cheek. Anyway hope they do a good job of the film.

baptie
15th January 2010, 07:23 PM
Saw that last week, Liam Neeson as Hanibal.......don't know if I like BA

I ain't going in no plane!

illegalhunter
15th January 2010, 11:08 PM
Quinton RAMPAGE Jackson (Former UFC light heavy weight champion) is BA

Ivano
15th January 2010, 11:09 PM
I still watch the original A Team on Bravo on weekend mornings.. And its still as good as it was when i was growing up :thumbs up:

zimbo
16th January 2010, 10:35 AM
Always thought there was scope for an A-team Movie, big question will it show anyone getting killed. I loved it as well, that and Airwolf and if anyone remembers Streethawk…..They could do with doing a Rolling Thunder Movie as well.

Your always scared they just take the piss and waste a good idea and don’t have a Story line.

Just watched the trailer, Character look not a bad fit

Well hopefully if this film does well enough someone might think about doing an Airwolf (which I also love) Movie, I mean even the original Chopper a 'modified Bell 222' still looks very modern by todays standards and this would make an awesome movie.

I only ever saw a few episodes of streethawk (coz thats all we got in Africa!!!) and I must admit, I was not a big fan of that actual bike but I do like the idea/concept of the programme and think it would also make a great movie if done properly with all the modern technology nowadays added.
p.s apparently Streethawk TV series is coming out officially on DVD during the 1st quarter of 2010.

I say bring these MOVIES on... :clap:

I still watch the original A Team on Bravo on weekend mornings.. And its still as good as it was when i was growing up :thumbs up:

:thumbs up:

Ivano
16th January 2010, 10:52 AM
I have just watched one of the originals this morning.... the one with Hulk Hogan :smilewinkgrin:

I wonder if the new movie will still have Colonel Decker trying the catch the A Team and failing to do so
:thumbs up:

Stewart
16th January 2010, 11:54 AM
THe original face I see is in it. Dirk. He could play Decker.

Craig
16th January 2010, 12:24 PM
YES!!!!!

agree with all said.. What about Blue Thunder :clap: Dirk Benedict is getting old. maybe he will play a cameo role like the originals did in the remake of Starsky and Hutch :thumbs up:

GCA3N
16th January 2010, 12:41 PM
YES!!!!!

agree with all said.. What about Blue Thunder :clap: Dirk Benedict is getting old. maybe he will play a cameo role like the originals did in the remake of Starsky and Hutch :thumbs up:

Loved blue thunder.

baptie
16th January 2010, 01:11 PM
agree, there has got to be a cameo from atleast one of them.

Off to see Sherlock again this weekend, top film

Stewart
16th January 2010, 02:01 PM
I liked the original Blue Thunder film. Streethawk was lucky all the baddies managed to have all there set ups in dock areas, try fighting crime when the baddies have taken cover in a flat.

Ivano
16th January 2010, 04:55 PM
agree, there has got to be a cameo from atleast one of them.

Off to see Sherlock again this weekend, top film

Agreed Sherlock is a top movie. Loved it :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

baptie
16th January 2010, 07:48 PM
Streethawk

Jeezaloo, massive flashback there. Loved it!

euan
16th January 2010, 08:22 PM
I loved all these shows. Airwolf was awesome (but not the last series when they remade it with other actors, then it was rubbish!). The actual helicopter was sold after the series and was used as an air ambulance in Germany until it crashed!

Streethawk was also brilliant, but I remembered the bike as a monster superbike type thing, turns out it was a rebodied dirt bike which kind of ruined it for me. It was a massive ratings failure though, I think they only made about 8?

The pilot episode of Blue Thunder still pops up every now and again on 5, it was a bit more "gritty" than Airwolf. I remember the first time I watched it in my room at my folks, on the TV that I'd bought that morning and was very pleased with myself :-) It had an enormous remote control!

As for the A-Team remake, I hope it's decent, I'll watch it when it comes out but if it's anything like the Dukes of Hazard remake I'm not holding my breath.

AndyP & Lenore
16th January 2010, 09:27 PM
I must admit, the trailer whets my appetite too.

And the more astute amongst us will see that I completely missed this in my post to Zimbo's movies list of 2010 thread.:blush:

Also, Little Fockers and A-Team are out on the same date - 30th July. Now that is gonna be a busy week as they are both :popcorn: movies.

A.:D

Scottie
16th January 2010, 11:34 PM
Is Bradley Cooper in the movie.?

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2010, 12:34 AM
Is Bradley Cooper in the movie.?

Yep. A-Team on IMDB.com (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493/)

A.

Stewart
17th January 2010, 12:40 PM
I loved all these shows. Airwolf was awesome (but not the last series when they remade it with other actors, then it was rubbish!).

Missed that one, I take its just the same as that new knight Rider with the pick up truck.........shocking.

zimbo
17th January 2010, 01:27 PM
Missed that one, I take its just the same as that new knight Rider with the pick up truck.........shocking.

Actually I quite like the new knightrider as well, was a bit weary during the 1st episode but now i think its pretty good :thumbs up:

euan
17th January 2010, 05:04 PM

Well, the helicopter was the same but the standard of actors wasn't! The budget was much reduced, so they had stock airwolf footage that they kept re-using, just depressingly bad.

I've seen the new Knight Rider, some of it's ok but Val Kilmer as KITT, what's all that about!?! It needs someone much camper to playthe voice of KITT!

Stewart
17th January 2010, 05:28 PM
To be fair I’ve watched only two of the new knight Rider ep and one was just because the car was on fire in a tunnel and the car was coated in some agent that could not be extinguished anyway to cut to the Chase the Babe Model stripping off her clothes inside the car to keep cool kept my interest.

Oh and using old footage is a crime, but seen it done so many times.

Guess Ba's Van was a big hit.

http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/a-team-mini-car.jpg

euan
18th January 2010, 10:51 AM
That Smart car is awesome. If you had one you'd kind of have to do that to it though wouldn't you!

zimbo
18th January 2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/a-team-mini-car.jpg

:D gotta agree here that does look pretty cool!!