PDA

View Full Version : Iphone help

ianking
15th January 2010, 11:37 AM
I have the basic bluetooth for my 2008 JCW. It has the multifunction wheel with voice control.

I have had my ipod touch hooked up almost all the time in my car since I got it and it worked great and the car charged the ipod up.

I have now got myself a new iphone 3GS so the ipod has been sold as it was redundant.
My iphone has paired via bluetooth with the car with no probs so calls are fine. However when I have it hooked up for listening to music using the mini Y shaped lead it comes up on the phone saying that 'this device is not supported and will not be charged up do I want to switch to flight mode to save battery'. I dont want to do that as I want to be able to take calls. So it appears to not be charging the phone

Another problem I have, it done this with the ipod Touch and is still doing it with the iphone is that when I plug the phone back into the car and go to my albums, say I scroll down to an album beginning with D and then click on the first song of that album the machine then for some reason always goes to the very first song starting with A on the whole iphone. I then have to scroll down the albums again to get the one I want.

Any thoughts????

Bazthemod
15th January 2010, 11:56 AM
You might need a newer cable/adapter from BMW. We see this problem a lot in reference to iPod docks as some of them just aren't compatible with iPhone, something to do with voltage levels being different.

My iPhone does the same when it connects through my parrot kit now and again it starts at songs beginning with A.