PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun - any good?

Delboy
14th January 2010, 08:15 PM
Has anyone used a Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun? This is the one that you attach to a standard hose, not a power washer. I was thinking about buying one but would appreciate some feedback from anyone that has used this particular gun.

Also, is there any shop in the Glasgow area where I could buy one or can you only buy on the web from the likes of Polished Bliss?

Comments appreciated :thumbs up:!

Stewart
14th January 2010, 11:52 PM
I have both the HD lance to Snow Foam the car (Jet-wash) and the Gill II (Hose) that I use instead of the second bucket full of Suds. I prefer to just have a rinse bucket with grit guard and go round the car with my Mitt and gill.

If your after Snow foam then its not your toy, the HD lance is the weapon of choice there, although it does come a close second if you don’t have a pressure washer.What I would add its great if your wanting exacting mixtures ie 10:1 or 20:1 etc water to your mixture in the bottle.

I got my one in Cleanyourcar

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/gilmour-foamaster-ii/prod_329.html (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/gilmour-foamaster-ii/prod_329.html)

I have spent hundreds over the last few years here and always first class service and amazing turnaround. If there is a problem Tim sorts it out and the only problem I have ever had was something was missing from an order and really it was just my word saying it was not in the box, few days later he sent it without question and apologising but then I had ten items in one box and he thought he had put it in…it’s the first place I go to buy.

I just hope my one is ok as I left it in the Hut with a mixture in it......and it was solid when i looked in the other day.

Wul
8th July 2010, 01:32 PM
I have a Gilmour Foamaster II and it's good as a pre-soak before washing with a mitt and 2 bucket method. Remember to rinse the foam off first though! 8) I shoppped about and got mines for under £50 on fleabay - but apparently Megs Hyperwash is the weapon of choice rather than snow foam (according to Polished Bliss) so email them and see if they'll do you a discount on a combined purchase.

The foam won't hang on the car like that out an HD lance but in the main I like it.

Delboy
8th July 2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks Wul :thumbs up:.

I actually use Hyperwash already for washing the car and when I use it in the standard foam bottle on my Nilfisk pressure washer I get a reasonable pre-wash foam. Might invest in the foam lance eventually but not sure it would give me much more than I have already.

k3ith
9th July 2010, 10:12 PM
for the extra cash - Foam lance, shop around as theres deals out there, detailing world , forums for group buys etc
used both and wouldn't entertain the gil.

Mon the fish
10th July 2010, 07:37 AM
I don't have any of these, what's the best thing to buy? At the moment, I just hose the car then 2-bucket method. I do have a Karcher, but don't want to use it on the car - would I plug a lance into it?

Doug_m
10th July 2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah you get the lance with a karcher connection then just use your foam of choice to pre-wash your motor and continue with the 2 bucket method etc etc ;)

Wul
11th July 2010, 04:12 PM
TBH comparing the GMII and an HD lance isn't really fair as the high pressure of the lance allows it to produce a much better foam.

The GMII is good if you either don't have or can't be bothered setting up your Karcher (Like me!) and just want a pre-soak.