PDA

View Full Version : Paintball 2: Sunday 15th August 2010

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2010, 12:50 AM
Last years Paintball day was a great success, and there was immediate interest in one for 2010. Although everyone did suggest a warmer month than November, as the last day was very cold and rained very heavily all day.

So, Paintball Day 2 has been organised for Sunday 15th August. I know it's ages away but there's a reason for organising so early. I have a voucher from Bedlam Paintball (http://www.bedlampaintball.co.uk) for up to 20 players worth £35 per person. This gives: 8 Missions, full equipment hire on the day, 3 pyrotechnics per player.

Each person needs to send me a deposit for £15.00 ASAP. If I get the deposits soon, I can also take advantage of a free hot lunch offer.

So, deposits please..... You can Pay Pal me £15.50 (50p to cover the Pay Pal costs), or send me a cheque for £15 per person. Or cash works too! Either way you want to pay me, can you PM me to let me know, or ask for my address etc.

Players.... (If I have anyone on the list and they are NOT playing, please let me know).

1. AndyP Deposit paid
2. NeilP Deposit paid
3. Rob Stone Deposit paid
4. RossP Deposit paid
5. Russell - RossP's pal Deposit paid
6. Brian Deposit paid
7. Stuart - Brian's pal Deposit paid
8. William Deposit paid
9. Greig - Deposit paid - Cancelled.
10. Richard - AndyP & Neil's Pal Deposit paid - Cancelled.
11. Lisa - AndyP & Neil's Niece. Deposit paid - Cancelled.
12. Craig - Lisa's Fiance Deposit paid - Cancelled.
13. Kevin - MINI William's mate Deposit paid
14. Gavin - Stoney's pal Deposit paid
15. ?

Players: 14

stoney
13th January 2010, 08:14 AM
me me me me me me and i dont mind just not the last weekend in june and we are fine

Knox18
13th January 2010, 10:01 AM
I'm upfor it again, gonna bring some rainex anti mist this time though!

rosssp
13th January 2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah i'd be up for it again. Don't mind what month as i am not doing any of the large runs.

AndyP & Lenore
14th January 2010, 12:14 PM
Cheers for the votes so far. Gonna need more than 3 to make it a go though.:yes nod:

Anyone else fancy another day of paintballing?

A.

Duncan Stewart
18th January 2010, 08:24 PM
I'd go paintballing again. Great fun :thumbs up:
Most of my weekends are busy April / May so later in the year would suit better

badwolf340
18th January 2010, 09:12 PM
We would be up for paintball again Andy,not a prob about date ,just no rain please

GCA3N
18th January 2010, 10:33 PM
Andy I'd be up for this if it's later in the year august onwards.

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2010, 09:08 PM
Brian, is that just you and William, or will your mate be interested in joining again?

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2010, 09:09 PM
I'd go paintballing again. Great fun :thumbs up:
Most of my weekends are busy April / May so later in the year would suit better

Duncan, will your mate be interested in joining again?

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2010, 09:10 PM
Andy I'd be up for this if it's later in the year august onwards.

Greig, you're on the list. if you can't make the date let me know ASAP so I don't chase you for a deposit.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2010, 09:10 PM
OK Folks, Paintball 2 has been confirmed for Sunday 15th August. Should be a bit warmer than the November games.

All details updated on first post.

I need deposits sent through for those who want to play. £15.00 per person - redeemed on the day for a "large reloader" containing 125 paint balls.

See the first post, but any questions, give me a shout.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2010, 09:20 PM
Some pics to whet your appetite.

http://www.bedlampaintball.co.uk/photos/data/Edinburgh.data/size_2/blackfortress-big.jpg

http://www.bedlampaintball.co.uk/photos/data/Edinburgh.data/size_2/black-fortress-attack1.jpg

http://www.bedlampaintball.co.uk/photos/data/Edinburgh.data/size_2/Negative0-29-27A(1).jpg

GCA3N
20th January 2010, 10:32 PM
Yeh I'm home for this so will get deposit to you at the end if the month. Andy what's the best way to get it too you?

AndyP & Lenore
20th January 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeh I'm home for this so will get deposit to you at the end if the month. Andy what's the best way to get it too you?

..........So, deposits please..... You can Pay Pal me £15.50 (50p to cover the Pay Pal costs), or send me a cheque for £15 per person. Or cash works too! Either way you want to pay me, can you PM me to let me know, or ask for my address etc.

A.:thumbs up:

Knox18
21st January 2010, 02:07 PM
unfortunately I'm out andy :( I'm racing at Brands Hatch that day, our calendar just recently got confirmed! gutted :(

AndyP & Lenore
21st January 2010, 02:15 PM
unfortunately I'm out andy :( I'm racing at Brands Hatch that day, our calendar just recently got confirmed! gutted :(

No bother mate. Thanks for letting me know.:thumbs up:

Besides, on balance, I'm sure you'd rather be racing round Brands Hatch in Cooper S than running round a muddy field shooting pellets of paint at folks.:thumbs up:

A.:D

GCA3N
21st January 2010, 03:49 PM
Deposit paid Andy PM sent.

AndyP & Lenore
21st January 2010, 05:36 PM
Deposit paid Andy PM sent.

Cheers Greig.:thumbs up:

A.

Duncan Stewart
22nd January 2010, 09:57 PM
Sorry but I'm not free that weekend :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd January 2010, 10:14 PM
Sorry but I'm not free that weekend :sad:

No bother Duncan, thanks for letting me know.:sad:

A.

badwolf340
23rd January 2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks for updating Andy,just to confirm my mate stuart will be playing

GCA3N
23rd January 2010, 04:07 PM
Andy sorry just noticed it was 15.50 for paypal, I will settle up with you next time I see you, don't think there's any point in doing a 50p paypal transaction.

AndyP & Lenore
24th January 2010, 01:13 AM
Andy sorry just noticed it was 15.50 for paypal, I will settle up with you next time I see you, don't think there's any point in doing a 50p paypal transaction.

No worries Greig. The full £15 came through so more than happy.:thumbs up:

MINI William
25th January 2010, 08:28 PM
Andy add my mate Kevin on please. Will get his deposit to you ASAP

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2010, 06:21 PM
Thats 10 deposits in!:thumbs up:

So, I'll book the date tomorrow (Thursday).:thumbs up:

Still loads of spaces, so if anyone else is interested, stick your names down.:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
28th January 2010, 07:43 PM
Event booked today! All 10 of those on the list who have paid their deposit are now confirmed. Stick the date in your diary.

Loads of spaces, so the more the merrier.

My niece is playing and it looks like she's the only girl, aside from Rob Stone:moonie:, so are there any other females interested.

GCA3N
28th January 2010, 08:08 PM
so are there any other females interested.

My Kim asked to go but I assumed it was lads only. TBH do I want my wife shooting at me, not sure about it. lol

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2010, 12:46 AM
My Kim asked to go but I assumed it was lads only. TBH do I want my wife shooting at me, not sure about it. lol

Very much not lads only Greig. If kim is interested she's more than welcome. :D

stoney
29th January 2010, 09:07 AM
Event booked today! All 10 of those on the list who have paid their deposit are now confirmed. Stick the date in your diary.

Loads of spaces, so the more the merrier.

My niece is playing and it looks like she's the only girl, aside from Rob Stone:moonie:, so are there any other females interested.

chekey bugger

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2010, 01:06 AM
Got another two deposits in today so that gives us 13 players.... Still plenty of spaces left.:D

stoney
26th February 2010, 03:19 AM
1 more for us will get deposit to u asap .-)

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2010, 11:14 AM
1 more for us will get deposit to u asap .-)

Cool.:thumbs up:

Who's this for?

A.

stoney
26th February 2010, 02:28 PM
gavin is the guys name works with christine

AndyP & Lenore
20th March 2010, 01:23 PM
gavin is the guys name works with christine

Deposit received last night at MINI Meats.:thumbs up:

Cheers.:thumbs up:

stoney
20th March 2010, 09:47 PM
no prob

AndyP & Lenore
16th July 2010, 01:03 PM
Just over a month to go folks.:yes nod:

Any more victims want to sign up for a terrific day?

MINI William
16th July 2010, 05:35 PM
It's under a month now :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
19th July 2010, 06:08 PM
Andy can you tell me when this starts and where exactly it is. Also expected finishing times. Just so I can check ferry times etc.

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2010, 11:26 PM
Andy can you tell me when this starts and where exactly it is. Also expected finishing times. Just so I can check ferry times etc.

Will email them and get back to you.

A.

GCA3N
20th July 2010, 04:15 PM
Will email them and get back to you.

A.

Cheers mate.

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Meet time is 9AM. The sooner everyone is there the sooner we get playing.

Location is on this Google Maps page (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=55.972895,-3.387389&spn=0.00235,0.004823&t=h&z=18). Bear in mind the "satellite" view on Google doesn't show the new A8000 motorway link to the A90. The "map view" does show this new road. The instructions on Bedlam's site are quite clear on how to get to the site.

Lunch is included in the £15 you have all already paid, but if you wish to bring extra food; sandwiches, drinks etc, you are more than welcome to.

Prices for paint on the day is on the Bedlam web site. Bedlam Paintball Web Site (http://www.bedlampaintball.co.uk/paintball-edinburgh.html)

Basically you are looking at £15 for a "large reloader" which contains roughly 125 paintballs. Regular reloader is £10 for about 80 balls.

If anyone has any questions, give me a shout.

GCA3N
2nd August 2010, 01:08 PM
Anyone coming through from the West side/ayshire/Glasgow etc and want to meet prior to drive to queensferry?

stoney
2nd August 2010, 05:28 PM
Anyone coming through from the West side/ayshire/Glasgow etc and want to meet prior to drive to queensferry?

i will meet you some where on the way :thumbs up: let me know where and when

GCA3N
2nd August 2010, 05:40 PM
i will meet you some where on the way :thumbs up: let me know where and when

Nice one stoney I'll see who else replies and get a meet place. Where would suit you, I'd be coming from largs, onto M8 at paisley.

Craig
2nd August 2010, 05:55 PM
I'll be coming along to watch guys, just to laugh at you... :laugh:

stoney
2nd August 2010, 06:17 PM
Nice one stoney I'll see who else replies and get a meet place. Where would suit you, I'd be coming from largs, onto M8 at paisley.

would prob be geting on the M8 around the coatbridge/bellshill

GCA3N
2nd August 2010, 06:47 PM
would prob be geting on the M8 around the coatbridge/bellshill

nice one, will contact you regarding it, when I get back home next week.

stoney
2nd August 2010, 08:20 PM
no prob :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2010, 11:01 PM
:thumbs up:

Cool. You can stand at the side and shout out the enemy's location.:yes nod:

A.
:D

GCA3N
3rd August 2010, 06:01 AM

...and your not playing because....?:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
3rd August 2010, 07:51 AM
...and your not playing because....?:smilewinkgrin:

As left ear in the Italuan Job would say..... " I had a bad experience " :lol:

GCA3N
3rd August 2010, 09:13 AM
no excuses man get oot there, I have never played before so i'll be pants.

john
4th August 2010, 03:56 PM
I'm not playing online at the moment but I am live COD.

I am currently in Iraq!!! (for real)

Gismo
4th August 2010, 04:00 PM

I am currently in Iraq!!! (for real)Eek

stoney
4th August 2010, 05:13 PM
eek

Craig
4th August 2010, 05:36 PM

I am currently in Iraq!!! (for real)

Mind how you go man... :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2010, 10:45 AM
Weather looks OK for Sunday. Better than the last paintball day anyway.:thumbs up:

BBC Weather (http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2246?&search=kirkliston&itemsPerPage=10&region=uk&area=Kirkliston)

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2010, 07:41 PM
Well folks, only ten of us left for paintball tomorrow.:frown: There's 4 places all paid up (apart from paint on the day), so if anyone wants a free (apart from paint) paintballing day, post up now or forever hold you're peace.:thumbs up:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2010, 01:16 AM
Well, sorry to let everyone down, but, I can't make it tomorrow.:sad::sad:

Short story is that I've been fighting a sh!tty infection for a couple of weeks now, on my 3rd type of antibiotic and they are still not working. Been in and out of the docs, and only worked half my shifts for 2 weeks now. Was in work today and felt like a zombie, but I gave Neil ALL the paperwork for today in anticipation of this happening. I had planned to get up at 6.30 and see how I felt, but it's 1am and I have a temperature of 102f and it would just be frikking nuts for me to go tomorrow. I had even planned on going just to watch as there was no way I'd have the energy to play, but it isn't to be.

I'm really sorry to let you all down. Seriously p!ssed as I've been looking forward to this for months now.:sad:

Neil will look after you all tomorrow. I hope everyone has fun.

Sorry again.:blush:

Back to bed and the shakes again.:sad:

A.:sad:

stoney
15th August 2010, 05:29 PM
well fantastic day had bye us thanx Mr P for doing all the hard work :thumbs up: sorry u could not make it you missed a cracker

7 wins and 1 draw out of 8 games :cool:

MINI William
15th August 2010, 06:33 PM
Was a fantastic day. All four of us had a great day. The White team got thrashed

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2010, 07:00 PM
Well after 4 days of being on another planet, I'm finally feeling well enough to look at the internet.

It looks like you guys all had a great day on Sunday, really pleased about that. I was a tad worried when I heard there was another 150 players on the day. But it seems you were really well looked after and you all had a good time.

Still really p!ssed I missed the day as I organised it and felt I had a responsibility to be there and I love paintball anyway. But, honestly, Sunday was a blur for me, spent almost the entire day in bed.

Anyway, glad everyone had a good day. Thanks for the feedback from those who sent me texts.

GCA3N
18th August 2010, 07:04 PM
Well after 4 days of being on another planet, I'm finally feeling well enough to look at the internet.

It looks like you guys all had a great day on Sunday, really pleased about that. I was a tad worried when I heard there was another 150 players on the day. But it seems you were really well looked after and you all had a good time.

Still really p!ssed I missed the day as I organised it and felt I had a responsibility to be there and I love paintball anyway. But, honestly, Sunday was a blur for me, spent almost the entire day in bed.

Anyway, glad everyone had a good day. Thanks for the feedback from those who sent me texts.

Glad to see your on the mend Andy again sorry for sunday too, never planned on getting a car last weekend :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
18th August 2010, 07:06 PM
Glad to see your on the mend Andy again sorry for sunday too, never planned on getting a car last weekend :lol:

No bother mate.:thumbs up: