PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Aberdeenshire!

Jgourlay4
12th January 2010, 08:45 PM
Hi guys!

Been a member on here for a couple of months when I first decided I was going to buy a Mini in the near future, but haven't posted yet!

I currently have a Clio Sport 172, and I think its ok but I feel its a bit too rough around the edges for me, and Id like to have a more comfortable car to drive, but somthing thats still quirky and fun to drive. I have wanted to buy a Mini for years actually but one thing or another came up and just never got round to it! You know what its like, Mortgages, Weddings, more Mortgages, etc!! :laugh:

My other car is an S1 Elise which has just had an enigne conversion to the K20 Honda Civic Type R and a full restoration. I love it!

I dont suppose an Elise and a Mini are the two most practical cars a household could own (especially as I am a brass teacher and have to kart about trombones and tubas and the like!), but I know a few others on here manage fine with that combo!:smilewinkgrin:

Anyway, next step is to fix up the Clio a bit, sell it, save up some more cash, and buy a 3 year old(ish) Mini Cooper, in white with black roof and wing mirrors and black and white viper stripes.:cool:

Looking forward to it!

Cheers!
Jen

GCA3N
12th January 2010, 08:52 PM
:welcome:welcome on board.

Mini Ecosse
12th January 2010, 09:00 PM
Hi :welcome:

Fartin Martin
12th January 2010, 09:04 PM
Hallo!!:D

Craig
12th January 2010, 10:22 PM
:welcome: I used to play the Tuba when I was a school and went semi pro after leaving school :yes nod::yes nod:

still miss it. :thumbs up:

anyway get yourself on a run soon

:noob:

RyanK
12th January 2010, 10:24 PM
Welcome, abz taking over once again.

Forbes
12th January 2010, 10:57 PM
Welcome. Lets see pictures of the Elise and Clio?

Aberdeen is on the rise? Think a North East run could be on the cards again.

audrey
12th January 2010, 11:13 PM
Hi :bigwave:

Livi
12th January 2010, 11:21 PM
Welcome to NMS! :D

Delboy
12th January 2010, 11:22 PM
Hello and :welcome:! Hope you enjoy the site :thumbs up:

(I used to play the Baritone in the school band :clap:)

Jgourlay4
12th January 2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks guys!

Craig, Im originally from Livingston, and am a semi-pro trumpet player too. I used to play in the West Lothian Schools Brass Band, and numerous other brass bands in the central belt and studied at the RSAMD (left about 5 years ago), so may know you?

Some pics of the Elise (in its new burnt orange colour - it was originally titanium)

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/jgourlay4/Elise/Picture169.jpg

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/jgourlay4/Picture147.jpg

Only got this one of my Clio - at Knockhill. The car did quite well on this day actually. It was a Lotus day and my husband was driving it. Some of the other drivers couldn't believe their eyes when they looked in their rear view mirror of their supercharged Elises and Exiges and saw a wee clio hurtling towards them at Duffus!!

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt308/jgourlay4/LoT%20Day%20KH%2020%20July%202009/Clioon3wheels.jpg

Cheers!
Jen

Craig
12th January 2010, 11:30 PM
I was only semi pro for about 2 years, then life took over. :rolleyes:

I played for Central Scotland Youth Orchestra and did tours in Germany 2 years in a row (in the Odenwald region). It was superb. :thumbs up:

had to give up after the region took back by borrowed Tuba as I couldn't afford another one myself :argh:

My teacher was Jimmy Carroll who was a big man in the brass world and worked with Boness and Carriden band who are still going strong (Jimmy however passed away a few years ago. :sad:)

Jgourlay4
12th January 2010, 11:38 PM
Small World! I used to play rep in Boness and Carriden! Only for a year or two though, and that was about 8 years ago. We went to compete in Blackpool one year but couldn't find a Scotland flag for the bus so we bought at Jamaican flag and renamed the band Boness and Caribbean, much to the older members' disgust! Was funny at the time............... this one time, at band camp..............:laugh:

JOHN MILNE
13th January 2010, 08:31 AM
HI & :welcome::

N16SHP
13th January 2010, 11:03 AM
Hey! Welcome to the site. As Ben and Ryan have pointed out, Aberdeen is on the rise on here!

dellie
13th January 2010, 04:55 PM
Welcome!

Colin
13th January 2010, 10:16 PM
:welcome:

Gismo
13th January 2010, 10:53 PM
Welcome to NMS

..S-J..
14th January 2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome. Lets see pictures of the Elise and Clio?

Aberdeen is on the rise? Think a North East run could be on the cards again.

Hey! Welcome to the site. As Ben and Ryan have pointed out, Aberdeen is on the rise on here!

Welcome. I agree Aberdeen folk are in need of a meet and photoshoot :thumbs up:

Crombers
15th January 2010, 09:18 AM
:welcome: I used to play the Tuba when I was a school and went semi pro after leaving school :yes nod::yes nod:

still miss it. :thumbs up:

anyway get yourself on a run soon

:noob:

I can just see you with a Tuba :thumbs up:

NMS Brass Section anyone :rolleyes:

Welcome to NMSland Jen :cool:

GCA3N
15th January 2010, 10:29 AM
NMS Brass Section anyone :rolleyes:

:

Great Idea you could play your neck lol

Crombers
15th January 2010, 10:45 AM
Great Idea you could play your neck lol

Weyhey :clap:

You've had Weetabix today ....................

GCA3N
15th January 2010, 02:05 PM
Weyhey :clap:

You've had Weetabix today ....................

You know what they say best way to fight fire is with fire.

Duncan Stewart
18th January 2010, 08:10 PM

Kren__
19th January 2010, 01:50 PM

shaunbhoy67
26th January 2010, 04:06 PM
hello welcome along