PDA

View Full Version : De Frosting the car

Scottie
8th January 2010, 07:36 PM
Was annoyed tonight saw a red mini in Larbert windscreen not defrosted and only the smallest bit on the windscreen was cleared for the driver to see out. You are giving us Mini drivers a bad name:frown::frown::argh:

Starting to see more and more cars and vans with their windscreens not defrosted what idiots if only the police were about.

I always take time to make sure my windscreen, rear and side windows are clear before I start any trip.

RyanK
8th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Heated windscreen is awesome for these conditions as most will agree

Thanks for ticking it on the spec sheet Scotty!

Scottie
8th January 2010, 07:51 PM
Heated windscreen is awesome for these conditions as most will agree

Thanks for ticking it on the spec sheet Scotty!

your welcome oh and it's Scottie.lol

Gismo
8th January 2010, 07:59 PM
Heated windscreen is awesome for these conditions as most will agreeSo glad i ticked that box as well :thumbs up:

RyanK
8th January 2010, 08:03 PM
Good to know ;)

Stewart
8th January 2010, 08:37 PM
You get this Heated screen now in the Mini's ? The Focus even has a timer that you can set so the car is ready say at 7:30am - you look out its clear and warm and impresses pants off the neighbors. Even when its off the timer you hit the front screen and its clear in a few minutes.

totally embarrased when it comes to the Mini its not even got wing mirrors heated and thats shocking for the cost of the car.

In the Mini I'm I right with this.

Blower on full at Window setting
Heat on Max
A/C on
That cabin seal that recirculates the air.

Gismo
8th January 2010, 08:42 PM
If you got the chili pack you have heated mirrors

KenL
8th January 2010, 09:18 PM

Funny, that is what I thought, but my 0ct 08 built car does not!

Bazthemod
8th January 2010, 09:21 PM
Same here... Chili and no heated mirrors or jets... miss them so much

KenL
8th January 2010, 09:21 PM
Oh, and forgot to say that when I did have them in my R56 Cooper (£40 extra) they were rubbish.

My main prob was that they would not clear mist as they only came on at 5C or so. In my Golf you switched them on manually, brilliant for clearing mist or light road spray.

Sheilz
8th January 2010, 09:22 PM

Where and how? You mean I've been driving around with steamed up mirrors :thud:when I don't have to :thud:

Stewart
9th January 2010, 02:18 AM
See I cant say about the Chilli pack as my car is a funny build. It’s down as Pepper but has all but one thing individually added that the chill pack would have had. I have the sport seats and sport button, Rear Roof Spoiler, 16” Bridge Spoke wheels, Interior Lights Pack, 3-Spoke Sports Leather Steering Wheel and Gearknob etc and at the time I bought it it was missing the one thing I’d not bothered about on the chilli I think it was floor mats or Storage pack.....

I see its all standard now The heated Mirror and washer jets.

GCA3N
9th January 2010, 06:57 AM
My 2008 R56 S has the chilli pack but don't think i've got heated mirrors.

m8cxc
9th January 2010, 07:30 AM
i have the heated windscreen and washer jets on mine and its fab :thumbs up:

MINI William
9th January 2010, 08:53 AM
I've got heated mirrors and washers :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
9th January 2010, 11:13 AM
I was referring to the 1st gen, i don't know about 2nd gen

Craig
9th January 2010, 12:09 PM
aye the visibility pack is one of the best "Ticks" you can make. :yes nod::yes nod:

our transit connect van at work has a heated screen and it's brilliant. had to put it on twice the other day to clear the screen as it only stays on for a few minutes. It needed 2 shots to get rid of the ice...;)

GCA3N
9th January 2010, 12:36 PM

Typical another extra you have to pay for now!

zimbo
9th January 2010, 03:25 PM
Well my 'D' has no packs on it but the three options that I did tick when ordering the car that were 'A MUST HAVE...' were the Heated front windscreen, auto dimming interior miirror and the Xenons, I couldn't afford to get the heated mirrors tho :argh:, talking of interior mirrors has anyone else with an R56 had theres fog up when its really cold until the interior of the car heats up and it clears it up?

but never mind, the heated wiindscreen is awesome!!! :yes nod: will NEVER have a mini WITHOUT IT!!! :hand:

Forbes
9th January 2010, 03:29 PM
I don't have them

Gismo
9th January 2010, 03:52 PM
I don't have themThen you don't have the chili pack?

Forbes
9th January 2010, 03:58 PM
It is on the options list for my car. Mine is prefacelift remember? That could be why