PDA

View Full Version : R53 s catback exhaust

bry_mini
7th January 2010, 07:26 PM
Hey guys/gals!!

Im itching to put a new exhaust on my new car, but there is so many to choose from!
Borla and Milltek seem to be the fav choice, and i quite like the alta sportone!
Loved my playmini on my old coop:cool:, anyone have the S catback?

Which one should i go for??:argh:
Any others i havnt come across that would be recomended?

Cheers, Bry!!:thumbs up:

Livi
7th January 2010, 07:37 PM
Bry,

I bought a cat-back milltek exhaust and absolutly love it, was defo worth the money and weight saving that it gives rather than the heavy bulk standard thing.

plus putting a S/S exhaust will be more cost effective than standard as they are roughly the same price but the standard will only last a few years.

GCA3N
7th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Hey Brian hows life with the supercharger? guess your lovin the extra power. I have craigs system made at stainless creations in Falkirk and its amazing.

stoney
7th January 2010, 11:19 PM
i have custom made one and love it but i would be carefull as mine came out v loud but has manifold and de cat

GCA3N
8th January 2010, 07:00 AM
i have custom made one and love it but i would be carefull as mine came out v loud but has manifold and de cat

Very very loud lol.

stoney
8th January 2010, 12:20 PM
Very very loud lol.

not so much now as its had an xtra box put in :thumbs up:

GCA3N
8th January 2010, 12:59 PM
not so much now as its had an xtra box put in :thumbs up:

obviously not heard it recently. Loud is good, your young you can get away with it, I have no excuses, kinda embarassing sometimes.

stoney
8th January 2010, 02:26 PM
obviously not heard it recently. Loud is good, your young you can get away with it, I have no excuses, kinda embarassing sometimes.
not that young any more not that far from 30 now it was getting realy annoying when on a long drive at 70 just bust your ears so put it back in to the guy that did it and put anouther box in now has a total of 4 boxes just to keep it a little bit less raspy

GCA3N
8th January 2010, 02:32 PM
not that young any more not that far from 30 now it was getting realy annoying when on a long drive at 70 just bust your ears so put it back in to the guy that did it and put anouther box in now has a total of 4 boxes just to keep it a little bit less raspy

I know exactly what you mean above seventy or 3000 revs it gets loud. Wife says it's cool though as does my wee one. Infact the other day we were out and she shouted form the back of the car " DADDY CAN YOU TURN THE NOISE DOWN MY EARS HURT" doh!

stoney
8th January 2010, 02:38 PM
I know exactly what you mean above seventy or 3000 revs it gets loud. Wife says it's cool though as does my wee one. Infact the other day we were out and she shouted form the back of the car " DADDY CAN YOU TURN THE NOISE DOWN MY EARS HURT" doh!

:lol::clap:

bry_mini
9th January 2010, 01:22 PM
cheers guys!

im now swaying towards the alta as it sounds great and also comes in black stealth which will suit my black on black theme.

although a custom job is tempting.....but i would really like to hear it before its on lol. any you guys got sound clips of yours???

GCA3N
9th January 2010, 01:34 PM
cheers guys!

im now swaying towards the alta as it sounds great and also comes in black stealth which will suit my black on black theme.

although a custom job is tempting.....but i would really like to hear it before its on lol. any you guys got sound clips of yours???

I'll start mine up on Thursday about 12 ish you should hear it then, as long as your in Scotland somewhere. Seriously though if you want it i'll post it up next weekend.

bry_mini
9th January 2010, 01:39 PM
lol!!!! im not sure my neighbours would apreciate it, they already think im crackers when it comes to my cars, moding and cleaning them!
would be good to hear though!!!

GCA3N
9th January 2010, 02:02 PM
I guess from what everyone says playmini is the way, but I wanted something different. The place I used was in Dalry or Kilbirnie and you choose what box you want what tip you want and how loud you want it. I said to him (on the old cooper) that i wanted to know it was after market but not boy racer loud, and he got it perfect. it did stand out.

this was my cooper custom job

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/IMG_8549.jpg

stoney
9th January 2010, 07:27 PM
will take a sound clip of mine next time im out in it for u and post it here but a small tip would be save and get a manifold first

bry_mini
11th January 2010, 04:34 PM
Grieg, defo thought the playmini was perfect on my coop, is this yhe case with the S aswell??

Stoney, that would be brill! will a manifold with my standard exhaust be ok? or save and get both mani and ehaust at the same time??

stoney
11th January 2010, 04:40 PM
Grieg, defo thought the playmini was perfect on my coop, is this yhe case with the S aswell??

Stoney, that would be brill! will a manifold with my standard exhaust be ok? or save and get both mani and ehaust at the same time??

your standard would be fine with the manifold if you have a look at this vid this is the GTT/Janspeed mainifold with a works exuast on my mini before my custom was made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FMgeOVVWWU

bry_mini
11th January 2010, 05:09 PM
mmmm.....nice!!

ELFMAN
13th January 2010, 08:43 PM
I loved my Playmini (Manifold, Sports Cat and System) on my 210 Works - one thing I really miss with my new (quiet) standard R56 is the sheer joy of that taking the old one through the gears to 7,000 rpm, NEVER failed to make me smile, it sounded SO GOOD! Get yourself a good manifold though, and you'll get the most out of it.

Stoney - now that you've decided your car's too loud and fitted that extra box, I'll be round with the Werther's and your Tartan Slippers. Welcome to 'Old Fartdom' son!

Craig
13th January 2010, 08:48 PM
Stoney - now that you've decided your car's too loud and fitted that extra box, I'll be round with the Werther's and your Tartan Slippers. Welcome to 'Old Fartdom' son!

:lol: :clap:

stoney
13th January 2010, 10:00 PM

some thing like that :p

Crombers
15th January 2010, 10:06 AM
I loved my Playmini (Manifold, Sports Cat and System) on my 210 Works - one thing I really miss with my new (quiet) standard R56 is the sheer joy of that taking the old one through the gears to 7,000 rpm, NEVER failed to make me smile, it sounded SO GOOD! Get yourself a good manifold though, and you'll get the most out of it.

THE best sounding MINI NMS has EVER produced :thumbs up: by a country mile :yes nod:

God I miss the thing too :frown: , I may have 'barged' the odd MINI on a run just to follow yer butt !!

I must agree with the Elfmeister that if you own an R53 'S' then a quality manifold has to be the best mod you can purchase. Unfortunately manifolds fitted to R50's don't quite 'tick the boxes' although they do deepen the Playmini 'rumble'

bry_mini
18th January 2010, 09:42 PM
ok im going to do the whole lot at once, but....................... i still cant decide! lol!
what manifold is best suited to my r53s??

antihero3000
19th January 2010, 09:27 AM
I'm selling my JCW GP exhaust if you're interested?

The Janspeed mani with a stock cat welded in is the best IMO.