PDA

View Full Version : With the current low temps

Scottie
6th January 2010, 08:29 PM
What's the lowest you have seen so far on the cars computer when driving.

Tonight was -8C at the Keir roundabout.

Although I did see -11C going to work just before Christmas.

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 08:33 PM
Sorry but had -16 Deg C from Perth to Dundee last week. Thought there might have been a bit of wind chill factor so stopped at McDonalds just outside Dundee, not for anything else you understand, and it dropped to -14 deg C.

It was the quickness that the temp changed that got me one minute it would read -8 next -16. Like I commented on another thread the xenon light cleaners froze solid fully extended.

Craig
6th January 2010, 08:35 PM
-12c the other morning going to work (think it was the 29th).:yes nod:

RyanK
6th January 2010, 09:19 PM
I saw -15c heading whilst passing through Carlisle on the 24th at 3am. Put my hand out the window and it was soo cold

GCA3N
6th January 2010, 09:21 PM
I saw -15c heading whilst passing through Carlisle on the 24th at 3am. Put my hand out the window and it was soo cold

were you flicking a bogey!

Mini Ecosse
6th January 2010, 09:34 PM
were you flicking a bogey!

:laugh::laugh:

Mini Ecosse
6th January 2010, 09:38 PM
-14 Crianlarich @ 10am on 29th December.

Gismo
7th January 2010, 05:35 AM
Sorry but had -16 Deg C from Perth to Dundee last week. Thought there might have been a bit of wind chill factor so stopped at McDonalds just outside Dundee, not for anything else you understand, and it dropped to -14 deg CThat would have risen :moonie:

GCA3N
7th January 2010, 06:49 AM
That would have risen :moonie:

yeh right risen I was typing quickly, all those posts to answer and so little time.

Crombers
7th January 2010, 08:56 AM
-16 (ground temp) very early this morning in East Kilbride, using a hand held infa red temp probe, ................. cool

stoney
7th January 2010, 09:02 AM
-16 (ground temp) very early this morning in East Kilbride, using a hand held infa red temp probe, ................. cool

it has been that in ek for weeks its murder

its even worse when you have run out of heating oil !!!! got a new barral yesterday at 3pm so at least i will get warm the day

GCA3N
7th January 2010, 09:08 AM
we are the same oil company have not been able to get to us for weeks now, we're getting 500litrres today and 500 next week, it's been a nightmare.

stoney
7th January 2010, 09:14 AM
we are the same oil company have not been able to get to us for weeks now, we're getting 500litrres today and 500 next week, it's been a nightmare.

its shokin really my oil was ment to be with me on tuseday but cos they had peeps phone in sick it did not come till yesterday:rolleyes:

the best of it was the driver gose to me have u got a fork lift to take it off the truck i said yes but look under your feet we have not even been gritted so its just compact snow i will go no where in my little elitrc truck so we had to roll it off and hope it did not burst:argh:

but thats it in now so will get some heat to day im just trying to defroat my house water the now as that has frosen this morning so late to work for me :argh:

Ivano
7th January 2010, 09:44 AM
-12.5 in Kilmacolm between Christmas and New Year

m8cxc
7th January 2010, 01:54 PM
-9 in ayr the noo - 14 at 6am this mornin

ianking
7th January 2010, 04:43 PM
so late to work for me :argh:

Good job you have a top notch understandable boss then:laugh:

stoney
7th January 2010, 05:27 PM
:lol:
Good job you have a top notch understandable boss then:laugh:

Sheilz
7th January 2010, 07:31 PM
Blimey its almost tropical in Aberdeen by comparison. A balmy +2 this afternoon about 2pm. Time to get the sun lotion out ;)

Gismo
7th January 2010, 08:08 PM
Blimey its almost tropical in Aberdeen by comparison. A balmy +2 this afternoon about 2pm. Time to get the sun lotion out ;)Glad to hear it's warming up a bit, i'm due home next week and don't want any delays.
Next we'll be complaining of the amount of water during the thaw

Sheilz
8th January 2010, 09:55 AM
Glad to hear it's warming up a bit, i'm due home next week and don't want any delays.
Next we'll be complaining of the amount of water during the thaw

Gone cold again. -6 at the side of the house which is generally a bit warmer than out in the open. The forecast is for +4 and +5 on Sunday so the thaw might begin then. Aberdeen has missed the worst of the weather. Forecasters not aniticipating much if any more snow here during this cold spell though that's no guarantee esp when this was forecast to be a mild winter. Travel only becomes a problem if you're heading west or off the main roads.

RyanK
8th January 2010, 10:03 AM
-12 driving to work this morning! Took a pic when it was -10 :D

Gismo
8th January 2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks Sheilz, i'll hold you personally responsible if it all goes wrong ;)

Sheilz
8th January 2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks Sheilz, i'll hold you personally responsible if it all goes wrong ;)

Why does that sound familiar? :yawn::moonie:

ace_dude
8th January 2010, 02:13 PM
-10.5 in Bishopbriggs according to the car this morning.

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
8th January 2010, 06:16 PM
-13.5 in Culter this morning, dropped to -16.5 as I was driving to Inverurie....!!!

http://www.pbase.com/image/120907425.jpg

ELFMAN
8th January 2010, 06:42 PM
-12 Yesterday on way in to work in Hamilton. My ******* skooshers have totally packed in too. They worked down to -6.5, but despite being heated, the mixture's now too weak for these freaky temperatures... pain in the @rse. The scenery looks nice though, as long as you're not crashing through it.... and if you can see it through a manky windscreen. I'm now carrying a bottle of water so if I have to I can stop and clean the screen. Here's hoping I can get the wee sods working soon and stick in more NEAT washer fluid. What fun!

Scottie
8th January 2010, 07:38 PM
-10C this lunchtime at Dunblane and again on my road home tonight. Hopefully tomorrow on my travels I will see lower temps.